excellent example of MADism:

God's Truth

Paul says in Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

So then, you think Paul wants us to call it his gospel and NOT JESUS'?!

It was God’s Law given to Moses but it was called the Law of Moses.

Luke 2:22 [ Jesus Presented in the Temple ] When the time came for the purification rites required by the Law of Moses, Joseph and Mary took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord

Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

John 7:23 Now if a boy can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing a man’s whole body on the Sabbath?

Acts 13:39 Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.

Acts 15:5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.

Acts 15:21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

Acts 28:23 They arranged to meet Paul on a certain day, and came in even larger numbers to the place where he was staying. He witnessed to them from morning till evening, explaining about the kingdom of God, and from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets he tried to persuade them about Jesus.

1 Corinthians 9:9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.” Is it about oxen that God is concerned?
Hebrews 10:28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Do you understand?

It was called the law of Moses because Moses taught it.

Just like Paul calls it his gospel because he teaches it.

It does NOT mean it is not the gospel of Jesus!

Paul also calls it the gospel of God, the Gospel of Christ, and our gospel.

God's Truth

Paul calls it the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

Romans 15:19 by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more? But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.

2 Corinthians 2:12[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 9:13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

2 Corinthians 10:14 We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel of Christ.

Galatians 1:7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.

Philippians 1:27 [ Life Worthy of the Gospel ] Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel

1 Thessalonians 3:2 We sent Timothy, who is our brother and co-worker in God’s service in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith,

WHO's GOSPEL, Grosnick?

Paul also calls it OUR GOSPEL:

2 Corinthians 4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.

1 Thessalonians 1:5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.

2 Thessalonians 2:14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul AND PETER call it the Gospel of God.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God—

Romans 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 11:7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?

1 Thessalonians 2:8 so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:9 Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you.

1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

1 Thessalonians 2:2 We had previously suffered and been treated outrageously in Philippi, as you know, but with the help of our God we dared to tell you his gospel in the face of strong opposition.

Who's gospel is it, Grosnick?

LOLhaaaaaa!

God's Truth

Jesus died for the sins of the world, and you do not get that grace unless you come to God through Jesus in repentance of those sins.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The WORKS the Jews used to have to do and the WORKS NO ONE has to do anymore are the purification/ceremonial works! God did not nail obedience to the cross!

This is the best explanation given by GT.

She and the MADists are going in circles, because of confusion regarding the Law.

The Law that all men are born under, is the moral Law of God. That commands: Love and obey God and live; turn away from evil or you die. That is the scope of the Ten Commandments, and GT is correct to say that Christians should want to obey these, for the very Spirit of God dwells in them.

MADists think all the Law is null and void for Christians. I wonder how many MADists want to follow the Ten Commandments? Or what their reasoning is, not to do so willingly and faithfully.

Why does Paul say our faith establishes the Law? Romans 3:31

He says it because he refers to the moral Law; the Decalogue.

(All the Jewish civil and ceremonial laws have been fulfilled in Jesus Christ. No need for them any longer.)

Why don't the participants of this sorry thread, clear up exactly what they believe they want to obey and what they do not want to obey. That would shed a lot of light on things.

john w

Hall of Fame

She and the MADists are going in circles, because of confusion regarding the Law.

The Law that all men are born under, is the moral Law of God. That commands: Love and obey God and live; turn away from evil or you die. That is the scope of the Ten Commandments, and GT is correct to say that Christians should want to obey these, for the very Spirit of God dwells in them.

MADists think all the Law is null and void for Christians. I wonder how many MADists want to follow the Ten Commandments? Or what their reasoning is, not to do so willingly and faithfully.

(All the Jewish civil and ceremonial laws have been fulfilled in Jesus Christ. No need for them any longer.)

Why don't the participants of this sorry thread, clear up exactly what they believe they want to obey and what they do not want to obey. That would shed a lot of light on things.

Jesus died for all sins that you repent of.
...and Nag

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....................

john w

Hall of Fame
MADists think all the Law is null and void for Christians.

Show us where any MADist said that, wicked one. Let's go-give the quotes. I never said the law was done away with-I have repeatedly said just the opposite, satanic accuser.

Tetelestai, Pate, others............have said that-not me.

Show us where any MAD proponent has asserted that "all the Law is null and void for Christians"-names, and quotes.

If not, shut your devilish trap.

Am I clear, Naggie Endora?

Tell us, Naggie...

Hebrews 8 KJV
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Does the NC, replace the OC? Has it today? Is the OCC vanished? Hebrews says it has not-"ready to vanish." So, if it has, where is the law, you so blubbering cite, if the OC is gone, replaced by the NC?

Watch the spin, disjointed mumbo jumbo, from her SOF, not the bible....Watch....

Last edited:

clefty

Why does Paul say our faith establishes the Law? He says it because he refers to the moral Law; the Decalogue.

Jews were saved only because they were one tribe of the descendants of Jacob known as Israel NOT because of their works and ...they did the works because they already were Jews descendants of Jacob NOT to become descendants of Jacob...

He remember them and saved them...it was nothing they did except to choose to agree..."duh we be Israel...we ain't Egyptians..."

Can't stress it enough...they already were descendants and is the only reason they were saved...He did it...not their cleansing purification ceremonial laws...

And goyim too did what those descendants did BECAUSE they believed in their God Yah and not any Egyptian entity they rejected...so believing first Yah the God of Israel they left Egypt with the Hebrews and were given salvation and the Law its blessing and protections (see specifically the Sabbath commandment) BECAUSE they believed...NOT in order to believe or become saved...

Our obedience should be as natural as breathing...and the new born infant breathes BECAUSE it is alive not in order to become alive...

All that being said..."DO THEM and YE SHALL LIVE"..."here are they that do the commandments"...is why His law is a DELIGHT...and a sign of His people... well actually only obedience to one of His commandments is...

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Jews were saved only because they were one tribe of the descendants of Jacob known as Israel NOT because of their works and ...they did the works because they were Jews descendants of Jacob NOT to become descendants of Jacob...

And goyim too did what those descendants did BECAUSE they believed in their God Yah and not any Egyptian entity they rejected...so believing first Yah the God of Israel they left Egypt with the Hebrews and were given salvation and the Law its blessing and protections (see specifically the Sabbath commandment) BECAUSE they believed...NOT in order to believe or become saved...

Our obedience should be as natural as breathing...and the new born infant breathes BECAUSE it is alive not in order to become alive...

All that being said...DO THEM and YE SHALL LIVE...here are they that do the commandments...is why His law is a DELIGHT...

Well said. Amen.

clefty

Well said. Amen.

In sabbath school today I offered the illustration that we can claim all we want that we are a trombone player but until we actually play and let people see and hear us will they agree or disagree.

The same with these MAD...we just have to wait for them to own up to their claims on being "saved"...

Just claiming to play trombone doesn't let you sit in the trombone section of the New York Symphony not even tour with Bim Skala Bim...so WISE UP...lol

you have to perform and until the end...

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Show us where any MADist said that, wicked one. Let's go-give the quotes. I never said the law was done away with-I have repeatedly said just the opposite, satanic accuser.

Tetelestai, Pate, others............have said that-not me.

Show us where any MAD proponent has asserted that "all the Law is null and void for Christians"-names, and quotes.

If not, shut your devilish trap.

Am I clear, Naggie Endora?

Tell us, Naggie...

Hebrews 8 KJV
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Does the NC, replace the OC? Has it today? Is the OCC vanished? Hebrews says it has not-"ready to vanish." So, if it has, where is the law, you so blubbering cite, if the OC is gone, replaced by the NC?

Which the spin, disjointed mumbo jumbo, from her SOF, not the bible....Watch....

Do you want to keep the Ten Commandments, Johnnie?

God's Truth

Thank you, Nang.

Many people misunderstand Paul about 'no works'. They think Paul is saying to believe and do not obey.

Peter says that people misunderstand Paul, and then Peter warns us to obey.

I have asked the Madists many times what it is that they think Peter is talking about when he says people misunderstand Paul.

They refuse to answer that question.

See 2 Peter 3.

This believe and do not have to obey doctrine must have been around since the laying of the foundation, or else Peter would not have talked about it, and James too.

See James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1.More evasion.

Identify the sins for which the Lord Jesus Christ did not die. Specifics, and why "all," does not mean "all" in Colossians 2:13.

2. Not written specifically to members of the boc, deceiver.

Deuteronomy. Obey it.

Fraud.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

God's Truth

Jews were saved only because they were one tribe of the descendants of Jacob known as Israel NOT because of their works and ...they did the works because they already were Jews descendants of Jacob NOT to become descendants of Jacob...

He remember them and saved them...it was nothing they did except to choose to agree..."duh we be Israel...we ain't Egyptians..."

Can't stress it enough...they already were descendants and is the only reason they were saved...He did it...not their cleansing purification ceremonial laws...

All that being said..."DO THEM and YE SHALL LIVE"..."here are they that do the commandments"...is why His law is a DELIGHT...and a sign of His people... well actually only obedience to one of His commandments is...

Clefty, obeying Jesus does give life. His words are life.

If anyone wants life in the Lord, then they have to obey to get saved, and they have to keep obeying to stay saved.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It looks like you'll remain in ignorance. You're NOT a member of The Body of Christ. You're Religious, but not, Spiritual. You're unsaved at this point. You're a "Worker" and not a "Faither."

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Clefty, obeying Jesus does give life. His words are life.

If anyone wants life in the Lord, then they have to obey to get saved, and they have to keep obeying to stay saved.

Here is where I would differ . . .

I strongly testify, that anyone who abides in Christ and He in them, WILL obey. Not that they "have to" but because their heart, mind, and will has been changed to WANT to.

Obedience is not OUR good works. Obedience is turning from sin and manifesting the spiritual fruits of the Holy Spirit. Obedience reflects the image of Jesus Christ. Christians obey, not to gain merit or even life, but only to glorify Him and His name.

Clefty posted, and I agree:

"Our obedience should be as natural as breathing...and the new born infant breathes BECAUSE it is alive not in order to become alive..."