Not open for further replies.

Quetzal

if it sounds like that to you then you are either:

a. retarded
b. not really paying attention
c. so emotionally invested that you're unable to discuss it rationally
d. really really retarded
e. all of the above
You know, it is possible to argue a position without being disrespectful.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
They like to argue that a woman is partly responsible for a rapist raping them.
Just like you do.

no, my argument is that if any person chooses to engage in behaviors and actions that they know puts them at risk of being exposed to criminal behavior - if they choose to ignore that risk - then they should bear some responsibility for the consequences of those choices

and that applies to Joe taunting the Ferguson protesters
as well as the negligent car owner who leaves their door open and the engine running while they go into the store
as well as the US Navy Seaman who disobeys orders
as well as the Swarthmore student who climbed into bed with a sleeping guy that she had been having sex with for three weeks

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
no, my argument is that if any person chooses to engage in behaviors and actions that they know puts them at risk of being exposed to criminal behavior - if they choose to ignore that risk - then they should bear some responsibility for the consequences of those choices

as well as the negligent car owner who leaves their door open and the engine running while they go into the store
as well as the Swarthmore student who climbed into bed with a sleeping guy that she had been having sex with for three weeks

I liked the one about Joe best

Quetzal

The problem isn't clarity. I understand your point. It can apply to some situations, but I am not ready to apply that logic to victims of rape.

ClimateSanity

Even if she "knows", I think it is ridiculous to try to argue that she should throw out all clothes of a certain color because you subscribe to the idea that the color will make a significant impact on whether a rapist rapes her or not. Absurd, in my opinion.

Color is just a place setting for his larger claim. The larger claim is that if the victim knows a behavior will significantly increase the risk of being raped, they bear responsibility for putting themselves in a dangerous position. A person without good balance would be bear responsibility for their own death if they walked a tightrope knowing the significant risk of falling?

Are you saying that rape is the only consequence for which there are no behaviors that put yourself at significant risk? Are you saying all rapists are not deterred or encouraged by any behavior or set of behaviors? Are you saying all rapists are indiscriminate in whom they choose to rape and decide to pick any random person for a victim simply because they are having a bad hair day?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

a. retarded
e. all of the above

bybee

And men who rough up women calling it play time and she gets hurt....?

bybee

Color is just a place setting for his larger claim. The larger claim is that if the victim knows a behavior will significantly increase the risk of being raped, they bear responsibility for putting themselves in a dangerous position. A person without good balance would be bear responsibility for their own death if they walked a tightrope knowing the significant risk of falling?

Are you saying that rape is the only consequence for which there are no behaviors that put yourself at significant risk? Are you saying all rapists are not deterred or encouraged by any behavior or set of behaviors? Are you saying all rapists are indiscriminate in whom they choose to rape and decide to pick any random person for a victim simply because they are having a bad hair day?

If allowed, one may find justification for any behavior, including blaming the victim.

bybee

a. retarded
e. all of the above

Discriminating minds pick "all of the above"!

Quetzal

Are you saying that rape is the only consequence for which there are no behaviors that put yourself at significant risk?
I am not responsible for the actions of other people. That falls solely on them.

Are you saying all rapists are not deterred or encouraged by any behavior or set of behaviors?
I can also be encouraged to steal things if they are on display, however, I am still responsible should I take it.

Are you saying all rapists are indiscriminate in whom they choose to rape and decide to pick any random person for a victim simply because they are having a bad hair day?
There are no absolutes and there are outliers to every case. So, I cannot speak for all rapists.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
if the victim knows a behavior will significantly increase the risk of being raped
A rapist could claim just about any behavior set him off.
Retards want to keep piling on the excuses of what is acceptable behavior around a RAPIST.

There is no set boundary that will keep a rapist from raping.
They are going to rape no matter what behavior is being displayed.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I fail to see how this a similar statement to the other four situations on his list.

bybee is perpetuating a lie about me that i had, in the past, "admitted" to beating my wife

I urge you to join me in praying to God that He give her release from the demons that control her tortured soul

bybee

when you find somebody making that argument, be sure to tell them that

a. retarded
e. all of the above

apparently only you and queetzle :idunno:

:freak:

did you really just compare knight to a murderous despot? :doh:

i blame town

:think:

kmo too! :sibbie:

Ah well sitting around that boiling cauldron filled with eye of newt and snake venom must fry what little neuronal circuitry that exists in your trogloditic brain? It is a sure bet that you will twist and turn the words of others to make you look as though you have something of import to say? But as usual, simply fetid smoke burped from between your yellowed fangs.

ClimateSanity

A rapist could claim just about any behavior set him off.
Retards want to keep piling on the excuses of what is acceptable behavior around a RAPIST.

There is no set boundary that will keep a rapist from raping.
They are going to rape no matter what behavior is being displayed.

Dear sister. I will not engage this topic with you. I'm very sorry if my comments are hurtful to you. Put me on ignore if you must. I apologize for the horrific crime you suffered in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.