Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
A rapist could claim just about any behavior set him off.

any criminal could claim that any behavior caused them to commit their crime

Retards want to keep piling on the excuses of what is acceptable behavior around a RAPIST.

cautious people want to identify and recognize (and avoid) risky behaviors that give criminals opportunity to commit their crime

that's why we lock our cars, take the keys out of the ignition, lock our houses, don't leave our wallets on the trunk of our car at the beach, don't go to a gay bar wearing chaps and drink until you pass out, don't climb into bed with a sleeping guy you've been having sex with for three weeks, don't put on klan robes and go down to Ferguson and taunt the protesters.....

There is no set boundary that will keep a rapist from raping.

there is no set boundary that will keep a car thief from stealing your car.

but we still take the key out of the ignition and lock the doors when we go into the store

They are going to rape no matter what behavior is being displayed.

why make it easier for them?

ok doser

You cowardly snake in the grass! Just slithering around this forum seeking to destroy others.

I urge all of you to join me in praying to God that He give bybee release from the demons that control her tortured soul

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
My argument has no bearing on the criminals responsibility. If there was no consent, a rape occurred and its criminal for a judge to lower his sentence based on the I'll advised actions of the victim. It should not be either or. There is contribution to higher risk for the victim but nothing forced the rapists hand. To adjudicate otherwise is bad logic.

Absolutely, the bottom line is that both people must consent or it's rape. Except the story of the college girl that jumped into a former lover's bed. There are exceptions to consent sometimes.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
why make it easier for them?
Is that your retarded solution?
It's not making it easier for a rapist to rape if a rapist will rape no matter what the behavior is.

Please, everyone join me in praying for doser's retarded mind to be healed.

ok doser

Absolutely, the bottom line is that both people must consent or it's rape. Except the story of the college girl that jumped into a former lover's bed. There are exceptions to consent sometimes.

another thread, prolly next week as i have a lot of schoolwork to do

On Consent

and expectations

and mixed signals

and implied consent

ok doser

Is that your ... solution?

not a solution to every situation, no

but do you reject the concept of avoiding risky behaviors?

do you take the keys out of your ignition and lock your car when you go into the store, even though you know that a car thief will steal your car no matter what you do?

ok doser

The Hunting Ground is a documentary film about rape on college campuses in the United States written and directed by Kirby Dick and produced by Amy Ziering. It premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival. The film was released on 27 February 2015,[2][3] It will be broadcast on the American network CNN on November 22.[4] The documentary focuses on Andrea Pino and Annie E. Clark, two former University of North Carolina students who were raped while enrolled in school and led a campaign to file a Title IX complaint against UNC. Lady Gaga recorded "Til It Happens to You" for the film.[5]

CNN will air The Hunting Ground on Sunday at 8 p.m. ET. The documentary tries to examine sexual assault on American college campuses, interviewing victims about their stories. Buccaneers fans will know it because it features Erica Kinsman, the woman who accused Jameis Winston of rape.

Initial reviews for the film were very positive, with Rotten Tomatoes "critics consensus" noting that "the movie's powerful message more than trumps any technical weaknesses." The backlash was always going to be there, and picked up some extra steam this week.

FSU president John Thrasher denounced the film, Emily Yoffe examined a few of its claims and seemed to find some factual problems, and a group of Harvard Law professors signed a letter to denounce the film. Meanwhile, Jason Bailey deconstructed Yoffe's argument against the film and another Harvard professor involved with one of the investigations profiled in the film took issue with their colleagues' letter,saying that "the signatories [..] represent only a minority of the faculty." If you read those accounts, you're likely to come out of this with a view of the film that conforms with your pre-existing views on campus rape.

For many Bucs fans, much of this is beside the point. They'll want to see the film to see Erica Kinsman, Jameis Winston's accuser, describing her version of events. Reviewing the film in March, Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times noted that the film contained little new information, but it does give the allegations a face and a voice. Her story is presented uncritically, as the documentary aims to give victims a voice.

More than that, the film is also a reminder that the rape accusation continues to be a factor for the Bucs' starting quarterback. He is facing a civil suit from Kinsman, and has filed a counter-suit. As those cases progress over the coming years, they'll continue to come up in the media. And every time they do, there is unlikely to be any definitive word on what happened that night. This documentary is no different.

Bucs fans can attempt to make their own judgments, weighing all of the available and incomplete evidence, but that is not a realistic task. There is a mountain of documentation relating to the events, and few people are going to read through those hundreds and hundreds of pages. Those who do quickly figure out that there are a lot of unanswered questions, and that it is easy to find inconsistencies and evasions to paint either side as dishonest. This should be no surprise: inconsistencies in accounts of violent trauma are common and even expected, resulting from the way the human mind works.

The unanswered questions and inconsistencies mean we'll likely never know what actually happened, although many would disagree with me there. Some are convinced that Kinsman is a liar who is waging a war on Winston. Others are convinced that Jameis Winston is a rapist. Ultimately, I don't know which answer is correct, but I am pretty sure that we don't have the evidence to make any definitive statements.

This documentary won't bring anyone closer to the truth, either. It simply puts a human face on the allegations. The uncertainty is just something Bucs fans are going to have to learn to deal with.

thanks PJ - i'll put it on my viewing list - I have Watchmen streaming right now :)

bybee

not a solution to every situation, no

but do you reject the concept of avoiding risky behaviors?

do you take the keys out of your ignition and lock your car when you go into the store, even though you know that a car thief will steal your car no matter what you do?

Every woman alive and in her right mind is very aware of how dangerous some men are. We do avoid risky behavior, yet we are raped in our beds, in our cars, in our parks and on dates. Our children are raped in their cribs and in our playgrounds and schools. We are even raped in mortuaries after death.
We know that "no matter what we do" we are in danger that lurks unseen and sometimes seen.

bybee

i would say that if the wife chose to engage in behaviors that she knew put her at risk of being abused, she should be held responsible for her actions

It does boil down to who judges what behaviors put one at risk when, for instance, a man with a hair trigger temper decides that you are annoying?
Do you know how many woman are eventually beaten to death by husbands claiming she was annoying?
I ask you what behaviors do you think a wife engages in that put her at risk of a beating?

ok doser

... who judges what behaviors put one at risk...

the woman, if she's smart

Do you know how many woman are eventually beaten to death by husbands claiming she was annoying?

nope

neither do you

they don't keep stats that way

I ask you what behaviors do you think a wife engages in that put her at risk of a beating?

cheating's the first thing that comes to mind

and molesting her children/step-children

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It does boil down to who judges what behaviors put one at risk when, for instance, a man with a hair trigger temper decides that you are annoying?

Real men of strength walk away. In the same way that a lady does not use her gender as a reason to hit a man.

Of course, we see here the same exact standard for domestic abuse is being used for rape.

"She made me do it".

:plain:

ok doser

Real men of strength walk away. In the same way that a lady does not use her gender as a reason to hit a man.

Of course, we see here the same exact standard for domestic abuse is being used for rape.

"She made me do it".

:plain:

nope

but i understand why it's easier for you to misrepresent it that way instead of recognizing that all people should be responsible for their behaviors and choices

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

There is never a reason or a need to beat a wife or girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.