Top ranked stolen household items

Currency, notes, etc.
Jewelry and precious metals
Clothing and furs
Locally stolen motor vehicles
Office equipment
Televisions, radios, stereos, etc.
Firearms

Don't put yourself at risk by buying any of those.
You are just tempting thieves.

So I am putting myself at risk by owning a computer and large screen TV? :shocked:

ClimateSanity

Top ranked stolen household items

Currency, notes, etc.
Jewelry and precious metals
Clothing and furs
Locally stolen motor vehicles
Office equipment
Televisions, radios, stereos, etc.
Firearms

Don't put yourself at risk by buying any of those.
You are just tempting thieves.

Rather buy a home security system if there are expensive high risk items in the house. Its always smart to lower your risk all things being equal.

genuineoriginal

Elaborate, then. Does the color of a woman's clothes make her more responsible if someone rapes her?

Now that is a different question than asking if she is at fault for being raped.

Yes, the color of a woman's clothes makes her more responsible for any attention she attracted by wearing that color instead of wearing another color.

If red makes her stand out from the crowd, then she has a greater chance of being noticed by everyone around, which unfortunately includes rapists that just want to victimize her.

She is responsible only for what she has done to attract attention, not for the actions of the people that she attracted.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
don't buy any of these.
Don't do it.:sibbie:
It's too risky.

Here’s the list of the 10 most stolen cars from all model years taken during 2013, according to the NICB, with total units cited:

Honda Accord, 53,995
Honda Civic, 45,001
Chevrolet Silverado, 27,809
Ford F-150, 26,494
Toyota Camry, 14,420
Dodge/Ram Pickup, 11,347
Dodge Caravan, 10,911
Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee, 9,272
Toyota Corolla, 9,010
Nissan Altima, 8,892

And here’s the top 10 list of new vehicles (from the 2013 model year) stolen last year, also based on NICB data:

Nissan Altima, 810
Ford Fusion, 793
Ford F-150, 775
Toyota Corolla, 669
Chevrolet Impala, 654
Hyundai Elantra, 541
Dodge Charger, 536
Chevrolet Malibu, 529
Chevrolet Cruze, 499
Ford Focus, 483

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2014/08/18/the-most-stolen-new-and-used-cars-in-america/

rather, if you do own one of those, be aware that any negligence on your part increases an already high level of risk

on the other hand, if you drive a rusted out 74 olds, you probably won't get your car stolen if you leave your keys in the ignition

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rather buy a home security system if there are expensive high risk items in the house. Its always smart to lower your risk all things being equal.

Such as a gun ... or criminal, eating pitbull?

Explain these *high risk items*?

Better yet, to keep in the theme of this thread, explain how homeowners are responsible for the actions of thieves.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No no no.
Don't even put yourself at risk by buying them.
You would irresponsible if you do.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No no no.

EXACTLY! Otherwise, it will attract the attention of some innocent beacon of honesty who would NEVER have thought you had nice things had he not seen the home security warning.

ok doser

No no no.
You would irresponsible if you do.

you would be irresponsible if you bought them and left them out overnight on a picnic table next to the sidewalk with a big flashing sign that said

"LOOK AT ALL THE EXPENSIVE STUFF I HAVE! NO STEALING PLEASE!"

and if i held your homeowners policy, i'd refuse your claim when they got stolen

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
that's just crazy talk
It's crazy talk to make all of society cater to the whims of thieves.
Because every risk you try to eliminate will only cause them to steal another list of things.
Eliminate them, and another list appears.
And on and on we go.

Every time you eliminate one risk, another pops up that makes you just as vulnerable.

But just keep on eliminating what you should have.
That'll teach those pesky thieves!!!!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
you would be irresponsible if you bought them and left them out overnight on a picnic table next to the sidewalk with a big flashing sign that said

"LOOK AT ALL THE EXPENSIVE STUFF I HAVE! NO STEALING PLEASE!"

and if i held your homeowners policy, i'd refuse your claim when they got stolen
No no no.
YOU are responsible for putting yourself at risk.
You are irresponsible because you bought things that are at risk of being stolen.
Why would you be so retarded as to put yourself in that risk to begin with?????

ok doser

It's crazy talk to make all of society cater to the whims of thieves.

and yet you take your key out of the ignition and lock your car door

and, for some bizarre reason, you don't see that as "catering to the whim of thieves":idunno:

Because every risk you try to eliminate will only cause them to steal another list of things.

right - if a car thief can't easily steal your car, they will go find a car that is easy to steal

maybe you should be considerate of the more careless owner and allow your car to be stolen so his won't be

Every time you eliminate one risk, another pops up that makes you just as vulnerable.

if you remove your ignition key and lock your car doors, what pops up that makes you just as vulnerable to having your car stolen?

But just keep on eliminating what you should have.

you should have the right to leave your key in the ignition and your doors unlocked

where I live, i can

but when i lived in the city, i recognized that that was a risky behavior on my part

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You dont appear to understand.

Actually, she and the rest of us understand all too well. IF this were any other discussion that didn't center on rape, no one would be suggesting that homeowners are at fault for the actions of a thief.

People should be responsible for doing the RIGHT thing. That means that all the misogynistic excuses for rape are just that ... excuses.

Under the current scenario presented, women playing volleyball on the beach in their bikinis should expect to be raped because men are too weak to control their urges. A woman in a business suit should expect to be followed home and raped because she didn't have a good enough security system.

Status
Not open for further replies.