Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

Yup! Some really clever lawyers for rich preppy kids discovered that juries don't want to believe that these nice boys would rape anyone
The stigma has been there for thousands of years.
How long have clever lawyers for rich preppy kids been around?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yup! Some really clever lawyers for rich preppy kids discovered that juries don't want to believe that these nice boys would rape anyone
Especially maids and silly freshman college girls
many of whom commit suicide out of shame.

so you're arguing that lawyers are disgusting scumbags?

you get no argument from me :idunno:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Especially maids and silly freshman college girls
many of whom commit suicide out of shame.

That IS a shame and true. A news channel, maybe cnn, is showing a year in the life of 2 college freshman women before they start school and they both get raped before the first class started. One couldn't go to class after the rape. I'll have to get more details about it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No, if she wore the colors of a rival gang, it would be a contributing factor, which makes it relevant.

Its not relevant at all if she didnt know anything about gang colors and chose to wear red. Should i skip wearing red just because some gang bangers might go off the deep end? Certainly not.

What would matter would be if i did it deliberately and placed myself in their presence.

True, but that doesn't mean the clothes were irrelevant if they were a contributing factor.
Sure it does, unless youre suggesting that we shouldn't wear red period.

Just wearing red by itself doesnt make one responsible for making a poor decision, unless they did it carelessly or knowingly. That was my point.

genuineoriginal

You are confusing scenerios. The one i responded to, was hers. I was talking about this one:

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

Thank you for the correction.

My point is that he was already asleep when she climbed into HER bed with him instead of kicking him out or finding somewhere else to sleep.

If it was a woman that fell asleep in a man's bed, the man is expected to find somewhere else to sleep instead of climbing into bed with her to make sure nothing happened while they slept.

ClimateSanity

rather, i would say that a woman's choice of dress along with other behavioral factors , can play a contributory role in increasing her risk of getting raped

This makes all the difference in the world. Clothes choice does not cause rape ; it can increase its risk . a victim can be responsible for increasing the risk of but not the rape itself.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
CNN will air The Hunting Ground on Sunday at 8 p.m. ET. The documentary tries to examine sexual assault on American college campuses, interviewing victims about their stories. Buccaneers fans will know it because it features Erica Kinsman, the woman who accused Jameis Winston of rape.

Initial reviews for the film were very positive, with Rotten Tomatoes "critics consensus" noting that "the movie's powerful message more than trumps any technical weaknesses." The backlash was always going to be there, and picked up some extra steam this week.

FSU president John Thrasher denounced the film, Emily Yoffe examined a few of its claims and seemed to find some factual problems, and a group of Harvard Law professors signed a letter to denounce the film. Meanwhile, Jason Bailey deconstructed Yoffe's argument against the film and another Harvard professor involved with one of the investigations profiled in the film took issue with their colleagues' letter,saying that "the signatories [..] represent only a minority of the faculty." If you read those accounts, you're likely to come out of this with a view of the film that conforms with your pre-existing views on campus rape.

For many Bucs fans, much of this is beside the point. They'll want to see the film to see Erica Kinsman, Jameis Winston's accuser, describing her version of events. Reviewing the film in March, Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times noted that the film contained little new information, but it does give the allegations a face and a voice. Her story is presented uncritically, as the documentary aims to give victims a voice.

More than that, the film is also a reminder that the rape accusation continues to be a factor for the Bucs' starting quarterback. He is facing a civil suit from Kinsman, and has filed a counter-suit. As those cases progress over the coming years, they'll continue to come up in the media. And every time they do, there is unlikely to be any definitive word on what happened that night. This documentary is no different.

Bucs fans can attempt to make their own judgments, weighing all of the available and incomplete evidence, but that is not a realistic task. There is a mountain of documentation relating to the events, and few people are going to read through those hundreds and hundreds of pages. Those who do quickly figure out that there are a lot of unanswered questions, and that it is easy to find inconsistencies and evasions to paint either side as dishonest. This should be no surprise: inconsistencies in accounts of violent trauma are common and even expected, resulting from the way the human mind works.

The unanswered questions and inconsistencies mean we'll likely never know what actually happened, although many would disagree with me there. Some are convinced that Kinsman is a liar who is waging a war on Winston. Others are convinced that Jameis Winston is a rapist. Ultimately, I don't know which answer is correct, but I am pretty sure that we don't have the evidence to make any definitive statements.

This documentary won't bring anyone closer to the truth, either. It simply puts a human face on the allegations. The uncertainty is just something Bucs fans are going to have to learn to deal with.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Hunting Ground is a documentary film about rape on college campuses in the United States written and directed by Kirby Dick and produced by Amy Ziering. It premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival. The film was released on 27 February 2015,[2][3] It will be broadcast on the American network CNN on November 22.[4] The documentary focuses on Andrea Pino and Annie E. Clark, two former University of North Carolina students who were raped while enrolled in school and led a campaign to file a Title IX complaint against UNC. Lady Gaga recorded "Til It Happens to You" for the film.[5]

bybee

The Hunting Ground is a documentary film about rape on college campuses in the United States written and directed by Kirby Dick and produced by Amy Ziering. It premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival. The film was released on 27 February 2015,[2][3] It will be broadcast on the American network CNN on November 22.[4] The documentary focuses on Andrea Pino and Annie E. Clark, two former University of North Carolina students who were raped while enrolled in school and led a campaign to file a Title IX complaint against UNC. Lady Gaga recorded "Til It Happens to You" for the film.[5]

Films like this can be very painful to view but enlightening!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
tam posted: "Then I guess her dress code is not a factor for rape."

i responded: "why - do you know for sure that she hasn't been raped?"

the fact is, i don't have any idea whether miley cyrus has been raped

that doesn't stop me from being certain that her style of (un)dress would likely be a contributory factor in many situations

you need a good avatar !

genuineoriginal

Sure it does, unless youre suggesting that we shouldn't wear red period.

Just wearing red by itself doesnt make one responsible for making a poor decision, unless they did it carelessly or knowingly. That was my point.
Red is not just associated with being in a gang.

If you wear red you are signaling sexual responsiveness, whether you do it carelessly or knowingly.
_____
Red Alert: Science Discovers The Color of Sexual Attraction
. . .
Cumulatively, the research shows that the effect of the color red is significant, unique, and that it operates at a sub-conscious level. Red is experienced as attraction booster by both sexes, although the mechanisms that mediate the effect of red on attractiveness ratings appear to differ for men and women.
. . .
In a set of studies published last year, the researchers Adam Pazda, Andrew Elliot and Tobias Greitemeyer (link is external) found that men perceive women in red as more sexually receptive, and that they perceive sexually receptive women as more attractive.
. . .
Overall, it appears that men perceive a woman in red as signaling readiness for sex. Female sex-readiness is attractive to men, partly because it is a relatively scarce resource. This tendency of men to see women dressed in red as signaling sexual availability and interest is not random or delusional.
. . .
Astonishingly, the link between the color red and sexual attraction appears to be subconscious.
. . .
he color red constitutes a unique, significant and subconscious sexual signal, rooted in our biological heritage. Beyond its aesthetic value, red also carries psychological meaning, and it has the potential to affect our behavior and our sexual feelings.
. . .
_____​

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

If you wear red you are signaling sexual responsiveness, whether you do it carelessly or knowingly.
_____
Red Alert: Science Discovers The Color of Sexual Attraction
. . .
Cumulatively, the research shows that the effect of the color red is significant, unique, and that it operates at a sub-conscious level. Red is experienced as attraction booster by both sexes, although the mechanisms that mediate the effect of red on attractiveness ratings appear to differ for men and women.
. . .
In a set of studies published last year, the researchers Adam Pazda, Andrew Elliot and Tobias Greitemeyer (link is external) found that men perceive women in red as more sexually receptive, and that they perceive sexually receptive women as more attractive.
. . .
Overall, it appears that men perceive a woman in red as signaling readiness for sex. Female sex-readiness is attractive to men, partly because it is a relatively scarce resource. This tendency of men to see women dressed in red as signaling sexual availability and interest is not random or delusional.
. . .
Astonishingly, the link between the color red and sexual attraction appears to be subconscious.
. . .
he color red constitutes a unique, significant and subconscious sexual signal, rooted in our biological heritage. Beyond its aesthetic value, red also carries psychological meaning, and it has the potential to affect our behavior and our sexual feelings.
. . .
_____​

Disagree completely.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

. . .
_____[/INDENT]

https://youtu.be/FC1C4g8YOA4

genuineoriginal

yeah, we all know santa is no hottie.
zryan_phillipe_as_santa.jpg

ok doser

busy day today and tomorrow, but i want to come back to this concept - in many cases there's an awful lot of mixed signals given and received, and not even realized

and i'll see your beefcake santa and raise you:

Spoiler
santa_outro.jpg

Quetzal

I take it you subscribe to the idea that if a woman wears a red dress and is sexually assaulted, it is her fault, then? However, if that same woman wears a blue dress and the came thing occurs, she is in the clear?

Last edited:

ok doser

I take you subscribe to the idea ...

when you start off like this, it's a pretty good bet that you're gonna continue with something stupid

:think:

I take it you subscribe to the idea that making stupid posts is a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.