Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
First, you need to show where he ever said that what someone is wearing, can cause, or incite another person to commit a crime against you.

apparently she was wearing something that was inciting, but she won't tell us what it was :idunno:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
First, you need to show where he ever said that what someone is wearing, can cause, or incite another person to commit a crime against you.
No I don't.

Would doser like to also concede that rape is not contingent on a women's dress code?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
apparently she was wearing something that was inciting, but she won't tell us what it was :idunno:

Is not possible for the victim of a rape (actual rape not cry of rape after regret) to incite rape.

incite -urge or persuade (someone) to act in a violent or unlawful way.

Rape -A criminal offense defined in most states as forcible sexual relations with a person against that person's will.

How does one persuade someone else to do something to them against their will?

That is a contradiction.

ok doser

No I don't.

Would doser like to also concede that rape is not contingent on a women's dress code?

rather, i would say that a woman's choice of dress along with other behavioral factors , can play a contributory role in increasing her risk of getting raped

ok doser

Is not possible for the victim of a rape (actual rape not cry of rape after regret) to incite rape.

incite -urge or persuade (someone) to act in a violent or unlawful way.

Rape -A criminal offense defined in most states as forcible sexual relations with a person against that person's will.

How does one persuade someone else to do something to them against their will?

That is a contradiction.

in·cite
inˈsīt/
verb
verb: incite; 3rd person present: incites; past tense: incited; past participle: incited; gerund or present participle: inciting

encourage or stir up (violent or unlawful behavior).

the swathmore student - was she not encouraging her "hook-up" buddy by climbing in bed with him in her jammies?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
the swathmore student - was she not encouraging her "hook-up" buddy by climbing in bed with him in her jammies?

No, you said he was asleep when she climbed in the bed.

She didnt encourage him, but she didnt try to stop him - she should have made him leave.

ok doser

No, you said he was asleep when she climbed in the bed.

She didnt encourage him, but she didnt try to stop him - she should have made him leave.

i dunno - if i'm sleeping in bed and my sex partner climbs in next to me in her jammies (remember, we're talking about dorm room beds - unless they've changed, you're automatically snuggling up to each other), i'm gonna feel encouraged

bybee

If it is really rape, the rapist should be put to death.

No, these "far out scenarios" are now representative of the majority of reported rapes.

You realize that many rape victims do not report the crime because of the stigma attached which hints at their complicity in the crime.

Better to just drop it and move on.

whitestone

rather, i would say that a woman's choice of dress along with other behavioral factors , can play a contributory role in increasing her risk of getting raped

you ain't kiddin,,,if a man dresses up like a cowboy and goes into a bar,,well they'll dance,but if a man goes into a bar after work in coveralls that say Halliburton on them,,,well money begets girlfriends don't it?,,,

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree.
If it is not possible, then no amount of dress code or behavior code would make it possible.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
i dunno - if i'm sleeping in bed and my sex partner climbs in next to me in her jammies (remember, we're talking about dorm room beds - unless they've changed, you're automatically snuggling up to each other), i'm gonna feel encouraged

What you feel and what she actually did, are not the same.

Where she screwed up totally that made it not rape, was allowing it when he started messing with her again, she didnt say stop, didnt try to stop him, and didnt insist on him leaving and by her own admission

"i was tired so i just let him" thats implied consent. Then the fact that they had had, consentual sex many times before, made that implied consent even greater.

ok doser

tam posted: "Then I guess her dress code is not a factor for rape."

i responded: "why - do you know for sure that she hasn't been raped?"

Do we want to deal with facts or speculation?

the fact is, i don't have any idea whether miley cyrus has been raped

that doesn't stop me from being certain that her style of (un)dress would likely be a contributory factor in many situations

ok doser

What you feel and what she actually did, are not the same.

Where she screwed up totally that made it not rape, was allowing it when he started messing with her again, she didnt say stop, didnt try to stop him, and didnt insist on him leaving and by her own admission

"i was tired so i just let him" thats implied consent. Then the fact that they had had, consentual sex many times before, made that implied consent even greater.

yep

genuineoriginal

Nonsense. It is not "game on". The woman said no, and men need to respect that. Period.
The man wasn't awake enough to know what was being said.
The woman had no respect for the sleeping man who couldn't even consent to her climbing into bed and having sex with him.

However, the woman has some fault in that scenario, as well. It doesn't lessen the man's guilt whatsoever. People, all people have to be responsible for their own behavior.
The woman climbed into the bed of a sleeping man and had sex with him.
That makes her the rapist.

Status
Not open for further replies.