ECT Does what we do reflect what we believe?

musterion

But, you have no understanding of Paul. You don't even know who or what you are or if you are. I'm still waiting for you speak of it.

You didn't address the point.
The issue of performance. There must be fruit in ones life. That is compulsory and if compulsory then it is something which emanates from that one when working out his salvation in the fear of the Lord.

Paul disagrees. He called it the fruit of the Spirit.

ClimateSanity

But, you have no understanding of Paul. You don't even know who or what you are or if you are. I'm still waiting for you speak of it.

That is just your opinion. To us, it seems you have no understanding of Paul. I think you need to make your case before you declare your point validated based on your unproven case we don't understand Paul.

ClimateSanity

If fruit is the Spirit's doing, how could producing fruit be something compulsory TO DO? We have no part whatsoever in fruit production. It's not our doing.

Cross Reference

If fruit is the Spirit's doing, how could producing fruit be something compulsory TO DO? We have no part whatsoever in fruit production. It's not our doing.

Do you see yourself as one who is born again? If so, the Holy Spirit is indwelling you that you "see" it that the compulsory thing sets things in motion until you cannot contain it. It must emanate from you with the result being per John 17:3. It is no more something hidden from you. You must act by the measure of faith by the gift of Christ Jesus.

ClimateSanity

Do you see yourself as one who is born again? If so, the Holy Spirit is indwelling you that you "see" it that the compulsory thing sets things in motion until you cannot contain it. It must emanate from you with the result being per John 17:3. It is no more something hidden from you. You must act by the measure of faith by the gift of Christ Jesus.

What compulsory thing are you talking about?

Cross Reference

Faith is not something that warrants merit. Behavior warrants merit.

Faith lived out in life is exactly what God honored, life God found favor with!

"Without faith it is impossible to please God" Heb 11:6 KJV.. What is that all about if works are not needed?

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord"
Hebrews 12:14 (KJV)

glorydaz

"Without faith it is impossible to please God" Heb 11:6 KJV.. What is that all about if works are not needed?

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord"

Faith, trust, belief are not works. We cannot muster them up.

ClimateSanity

Faith is not a work even though it inevitably brings about works. Don't put the cart before the horse. It doesn't necessarily always produce works however. I dare say most believers are not producing works most of the time even though their faith is true.

Cross Reference

Faith is not a work even though it inevitably brings about works. Don't put the cart before the horse.

Works aren't intended to produce faith. Most of the time they usurp the will of God if He is has not given His blessing in the matter. The need is never the call.

It doesn't necessarily always produce works however. I dare say most believers are not producing works most of the time even though their faith is true.

That is conjectured judgement by you.

Faith sometimes requires a lot of work especially when God is silent to prove you but you must first have the relationship with Him for such sensitivity.

elohiym

I would say yes also, only because I believe The Spirit has power beyond my comprehension, and I don't know at what point His power could fail (if there even is a point).

But just having the power to do so doesn't mean that is what He does.
I mean, the Spirit would have had the power to prevent everyone that ever lived from committing immoral acts.

So, just saying that the Spirit is all powerful really doesn't solve the dilemma of how a believers flesh body still commits immoral acts.

No dilemma. Believers don't still commit immoral acts. See 1 John 3:6-10.