ECT Does what we do reflect what we believe?

Cross Reference

How's the works salvation going this morning? Confessing every wrong thought word and deed? You better...just one unforgiven sin will put you in the Lake. Better get to it.

Can't answer yet another question, eh? Gotta play your games to distract away from the issues. How long have you been 'saved' [whatever that means to you]? Perhaps that will be easier for you to answer.

musterion

You're the one who said salvation "requires a work with the goal being crucifixion." Whose work is it, and when does that crucifixion take place?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So I would ask this: " If Christ is dwelling in you and you rape someone, are you saying Christ is a rapist?"

This is carnal thinking. Dwelling on the performance of the flesh in regards to salvation.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me...24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

If a saint in the Body of Christ committed murder or rape, God wants the government to execute him.

Cross Reference

You're the one who said salvation "requires a work with the goal being crucifixion." Whose work is it, and when does that crucifixion take place?

Here is salvation in the Fullest sense of the word, where "death" to our "self" by crucifixion as with Christ becomes the issue: John 17:3. If you are not willing to do that you are none of His.

OMT: you are still avoiding easy questions. Are you too ashamed to answer?

ClimateSanity

This is carnal thinking. Dwelling on the performance of the flesh in regards to salvation.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me...24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

If a saint in the Body of Christ committed murder or rape, God wants the government to execute him.

Amen.

Being in Christ is impossible for the carnally minded to understand.

ClimateSanity

Dying to self has nothing to do with behavior. It is the giving up on performance based righteousness.

Cross Reference

If a saint in the body of Christ did such a thing he would have had to apostatized per Heb 6:4-6 KJV or, he never was a saint from the beginning.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If a saint in the body of Christ did such a thing he would have had to apostatized per Heb 6:4-6 KJV or, he never was a saint from the beginning.

Hebrews is written to the circumcision, not the Body of Christ. And the Lord cannot deny himself.

musterion

Here is salvation in the Fullest sense of the word, where "death" to our "self" by crucifixion as with Christ becomes the issue: John 17:3. If you are not willing to do that you are none of His.
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. John 17:3
Co-crucifixion with Christ was not revealed until He revealed it through Paul, along with the truth and fact of the one Body.

I've answered many questions for you before, but you pretend I never did. So I don't see the point.

Cross Reference

Hebrews is written to the circumcision, not the Body of Christ. And the Lord cannot deny himself.
That is what Satan would have you believe. It was written to Christian Jews! Does not the twain become one when Christ is Lord?? Maybe you believe there is a Christ for them and one for us?

Cross Reference

Amen.

Being in Christ is impossible for the carnally minded to understand.

Impossible? There are many in churches who love their life but not unto death if forced to make a choice between Jesus and it. They have been given to believe they can have both by the false teaching of unmerited grace.

musterion

If a saint in the body of Christ did such a thing he would have had to apostatized per Heb 6:4-6 KJV

Not possible without creating a major contradiction you'd be unable to solve. Paul says the member of Christ's Body is forgiven ALL trespasses (Col 2:13) and so is beyond ALL divine condemnation (Romans 8:1). These passages cannot apply to a member of the Body if Heb 6 applies, and vice versa.

or, he never was a saint from the beginning.
Then he couldn't have fallen away from Christ because he was never Christ's to begin with, thus Heb 6 still doesn't apply.

ClimateSanity

Impossible? There are many in churches who love their life but not unto death if forced to make a choice between Jesus and it. They have been given to believe they can have both by the false teaching of unmerited grace.

It's just the opposite. Anyone who believes Grace is merited believes false teaching.