ECT Does what we do reflect what we believe?

Cross Reference

I just gave you the verse for God's "method" of purification.

Here it is again from Colossians.

Colossians 2:11-13KJV
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;​

Do you believe Jesus kept His heart pure or did God do it?

Cross Reference

I don't know....I stopped listening to him more than forty years ago.

That's interesting. You did it, you say? Then why would he keep at it? Wouldn't you suppose that is part of working out one's salvation is all about? why do you suppose God would permit him to visit his accusations upon you if there wasn't something there yet uncrucified?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Who do you think He's going to JUDGE if not the UNJUST?

The Father delegated all judgment to Jesus. Jesus is judging those who have his Spirit. If we judge ourselves properly with regard to his covenant then he doesn't have to judge us at all. We judge ourselves.

Since we have experience judging, we will in turn judge the rest of the dead at the Last Day when Jesus will pour out God's Spirit on them and we will then judge them according to their works with regard to the covenant.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Naah! That isn't correct understanding from the bible. "Scarcely are the righteous saved". Lookout it up and explain it your yourself.

Context. Context seems to be a problem for you.

For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?​

Peter said, "If the righteous one is scarcely saved, where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?" (1Peter 4:17-18 NKJV)

Peter's point is that the ungodly and sinners will not appear in the household of God, i.e., his kingdom.

But that does not mean God will write off the ungodly and sinners who will be resurrected at the Last Day and then they will have their opportunity for salvation.

Salvation for any who choose life.

glorydaz

That's interesting. You did it, you say? Then why would he keep at it? Wouldn't you suppose that is part of working out one's salvation is all about? why do you suppose God would permit him to visit his accusations upon you if there wasn't something there yet uncrucified?

Why would you think he still continues to visit his accusations upon me? As I told you, I don't listen to him. God made it very clear that satan has been a liar from the beginning. I believed Him. It's those who don't know the Lord that heed him.

Proverbs 17:4
A wicked doer giveth heed to false lips; and a liar giveth ear to a naughty tongue.​

No, working out one's salvation is simply a matter of manifesting the fruit of the Spirit.

glorydaz

Context. Context seems to be a problem for you.

For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?​

Peter said, "If the righteous one is scarcely saved, where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?" (1Peter 4:17-18 NKJV)

Peter's point is that the ungodly and sinners will not appear in the household of God, i.e., his kingdom.

But that does not mean God will write off the ungodly and sinners who will be resurrected at the Last Day and then they will have their opportunity for salvation.

Salvation for any who choose life.

You have nothing to support that contention. :nono:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You have nothing to support that contention. :nono:

Jesus said, "He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day." (John 12:48 NKJV)

We will judge those in the second resurrection by Jesus' words, the same as we are judged today.

ClimateSanity

Jesus said, "He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day." (John 12:48 NKJV)

We will judge those in the second resurrection by Jesus' words, the same as we are judged today.

????????

glorydaz

It's not working for you. Best look a bit deeper.

Cross Reference

Why would you think he still continues to visit his accusations upon me? As I told you, I don't listen to him.

That's "work" for sure even you bring Jesus into the equation.. "Jesus I know but, who are you"?

God made it very clear that satan has been a liar from the beginning. I believed Him. It's those who don't know the Lord that heed him.

Heed him? I didn't say you heeded him. Nevertheless, he accuses where we are weak because we are weak in those areas where he still accuses. He will stop when we aren't. . . because we have "worked it out" as in "overcome by the blood of the Lamb".. That is what the test is all about.

No, working out one's salvation is simply a matter of manifesting the fruit of the Spirit.

Simply?? You got work to "do" as we all do, dazed.

Hello! Did I hear you say, "Not me"??