Does God Decieve?

Arthur Brain

sure it does - it brings us back to the same question you've been dodging all day

what makes you think you were saved?

Nothing on this end has been dodged, unless sincere repentance means nothing to you.

:idunno:

What makes you think that you're "saved"? Be specific.

Arthur Brain

so your answer to "what makes you think you were saved?" is "because i sincerely repented"?

You've had the full answer on this. Take a look at Musty's responses earlier on about 'rejecting the cross' et al. You've been invited to outline what it takes to be "saved" so if repentance has nothing to do with it then you can explain in full.

which brings us back to this. What makes you think that you're saved?

Arthur Brain

well, no

i've had you dodging the question all day

tell ya what

how about you answer the question you've been dodging all day

What makes you think you were saved?

Nah, you were answered honestly and in full. Repenting of sin no big deal?

What's the matter? Can't answer a question yourself? What's difficult about it? You must surely know what's required for salvation to make judgements about it?

Here ya go again:

Tell ya what. Why don't you outline what a person must do to be saved or how salvation works? The floor is yours.

Oh, and what makes you think that you're saved?

Arthur Brain

so that's it?

you thought you were saved because you repented sincerely?

you weren't saved

Nah, you were answered honestly and in full. Repenting of sin no big deal?

What's the matter? Can't answer a question yourself? What's difficult about it? You must surely know what's required for salvation to make judgements about it?

Here ya go again:

Tell ya what. Why don't you outline what a person must do to be saved or how salvation works? The floor is yours.

Oh, and what makes you think that you're saved?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
and that takes me back to where i jumped in:
Just for a "laugh" Musterion, if eternal security is indeed part of your belief then I "qualified" for it years ago. I repented and fervently asked the Lord to forgive me of all of my sins. I was sincere, was baptised in water (however important that is) and meant it.

So am I still "saved" even if I disagree with the likes of fundamentalism?

you're not "still saved" because you never were

Arthur Brain

still looking for that set of instructions, eh? :chuckle:

sorry artie, you've been here for years and years and years, mocking Christ, mocking Christians

go to hell

So, you can't do it then. I didn't see it as a "set of instructions" when I felt convicted to repent and ask forgiveness. All of the Christians I knew at the time didn't either.

I've been here for years, sure, but that's the only thing you got right there.

You're nobody's judge.

Arthur Brain

i feel unclean, just having engaged him in dialogue for the past couple days

"just for a laugh, let's talk about salvation"

what a :loser:

you said it :thumb:

You weren't engaging in dialogue. You were trolling about and when put on the spot you couldn't even answer what should have been a very simple question if you were such an expert on salvation. Now you're smarting because you've painted yourself into a corner and reduced to quote mining and juvenile insults.

Sure, you're the prime arbiter of someone else's state of heart and mind.

:plain:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You weren't engaging in dialogue. You were trolling about and when put on the spot you couldn't even answer what should have been a very simple question if you were such an expert on salvation. Now you're smarting because you've painted yourself into a corner and reduced to quote mining and juvenile insults.

Sure, you're the prime arbiter of someone else's state of heart and mind.

:plain:

Doser:

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him. - Proverbs 26:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs26:4&version=NKJV

“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces. - Matthew 7:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew7:6&version=NKJV

Arty: :madmad: Y u no answer me! :allsmile:

Arthur Brain

Doser:

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him. - Proverbs 26:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs26:4&version=NKJV

“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces. - Matthew 7:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew7:6&version=NKJV

Doser's more likely to cast swine under pearls and as he's so reticent to answer where it comes to what constitutes salvation, then maybe you can pick up where he...didn't even start.

What are you on about with the latter? What post? There's one's from me that haven't been responded to.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Doser:

his foolish words speak for themselves, show him to be the childish fool we all know him to be

Hawkins

No, I don't think God decieves, but I'm not sure why He sends delusion to those who already have rejected Him.
Thess. 2:12 “God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false”

The verse is written in an absolute sense of God's sovereignty.

Exodus 8:32 (NIV2011)
But this time also Pharaoh hardened his heart and would not let the people go.

When written from the perspective of God's absolute sovereignty,

Exodus 9:12 (NIV2011)
But the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses.

I actually know how all mankind can be fooled by a delusion. The name of such a delusion is "Evidence". Such a delusion is introduced by our secular education system ever since our childhood. Humans believe that something needs to be evidenced in order to considered a truth or fact. Our reality however doesn't run this way. Instead, humans in majority rely on putting faith in a "middle man" standing between a truth and humans in majority to reach a truth.

For an example, the "middle man" between a scientific truth and humans in majority is our scientists. Humans in majority don't have any evidence before they consider the existence of black holes a scientific fact. It is our scientists who act as a "middle man" to gather the evidence for the rest of human kind to get to such a truth, by faith!

Another example. Can you evidence one out of the million meals you ever had in your life time? You can't. We can to what you ate in a particular meal if you or a reliable eyewitness recorded down what you ate for the rest of human kind to believe with faith. That's way how we can reach the truth of what you ate. More often, it remains the only way! It is a process of human witnessing where evidence itself has no bearing!

This is how this very reality works, the delusion says otherwise though.

Arthur Brain

his foolish words speak for themselves, show him to be the childish fool we all know him to be

Ah, the prim and prissy incarnation of "doser" resurfaces. Reminds me of when you used to go on those bizarre flame outs, telling everyone to "Seek Christ", especially TH. Ironic, considering that you don't seem to think such would do any good in regards to salvation anyway...

:dizzy:

You're one weird guy and then some. Hope you find peace some day.

Back to ignore.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Yes, the Bible says that God puts lying spirits into people and partners with Satan to mess with people.