Does God Decieve?

Arthur Brain

what makes you think you were?

Well, unless there's something missing in the 'small print' somewhere, then acknowledging one's own sin, sincerely repenting for it and acknowledging Jesus as Lord would seem to fit the bill. Sure does in most Christian circles.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well, unless there's something missing in the 'small print' somewhere, then acknowledging one's own sin, sincerely repenting for it and acknowledging Jesus as Lord would seem to fit the bill. Sure does in most Christian circles.

so you think you covered all the bases, did all the required work and thus had earned salvation? :nono:

which brings us back to:
my answer would be "no, you weren't saved"

i know it, you know it

you know it in your heart

it's a large part of why you're angry at God - you think He owes you something you've earned :nono:

Arthur Brain

so you think you covered all the bases, did all the required work and thus had earned salvation?

which brings us back to:

No, not at all. I didn't think I'd "earned" anything whatsoever. Not sure how you equate honest repentance, asking for forgiveness and acknowledging Jesus as Lord is doing anything of the sort.

:AMR:

ok doser

Arthur Brain

:think:

you thought you'd found the formula and followed it and were disappointed when it didn't work

"Formula"? For starters, I didn't repent because I wanted to avoid some horrible fate. It wasn't a "turn or burn" moment. I sincerely acknowledged that I sinned, wasn't perfect and asked for forgiveness and God to come into my life. How is that "earning" anything?

I was far from disappointed.

Arthur Brain

which brings us back to this unanswered question:

what makes you think you were?

so far your response has been "because i followed all the right steps"

Well, no, my response has been that I sincerely repented of my sins and asked God for forgiveness. If someone does that, then are they saved? If so then why? If not then how so?

ok doser

...my response has been that I sincerely repented of my sins and asked God for forgiveness.

right - those are the right steps you thought you had to follow

If someone does that, then are they saved?

looks like you believe so, looks like you think that's the formula to follow

and if that's the best answer you can give to "what makes you think you were (saved)?".....

....you weren't

Arthur Brain

right - those are right steps you thought you had to follow

and if that's the best answer you can give to "what makes you think you were (saved)?".....

....you weren't

So, sincere repentance and asking for forgiveness equates to "following the right steps or formula" to you does it? It wasn't to me. I genuinely acknowledged that I was an imperfect human being who sinned. Does repentance mean nothing to you? If so, you're in no position to judge the salvation of anyone else and you can't even be sure of your own. I've never met any Christian in 'real life' or on a forum even who doesn't consider repentance an integral part of the Christian faith.

ok doser

which brings us back to:

....you weren't

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
right - those are the right steps you thought you had to follow

....you weren't
We as people, continue to sin every day, so it only makes sense that it's necessary to continually endure and not give up. This, in turn means that there is no such thing as once saved, always saved. Otherwise, Jesus would not have said " He that endures to the end, will be saved ".

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

ok doser

We as people, continue to sin every day, so it only makes sense that it's necessary to continually endure and not give up. This, in turn means that there is no such thing as once saved, always saved. Otherwise, Jesus would not have said " He that endures to the end, will be saved ".

i have faith that Christ will gather in all of His strayed sheep, no matter how far they've strayed or how long they've been gone

Arthur Brain

which brings us back to:

....you weren't

It doesn't bring "us" back to anything. If I believed that Jesus died for the sins of the world, sincerely acknowledged and repented of my own, asked God for forgiveness and into my life then your "judgement" really means nothing. What makes you think that you're saved? Be specific.

Right Divider

Body part
Those in the body of Christ are secure. You're very confused about what the Bible says.