Does God Decieve?

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
readers of Melville would :)
Possibly. However, in everyday language, people don't converse the way the King James Bible is written. Is it wrong to translate the Scriptures into the way we speak today? The original King James Version was translated into the language of his day, the New King James Version was revised in language that can be easier understood than the original. The New World Translation that Jehovah's Witnesses use primarily, is not a revision of an existing translation but, an actual translation from the languages that were spoken at the time God first inspired the Bible to be written.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Right Divider

Body part
Possibly. However, in everyday language, people don't converse the way the King James Bible is written. Is it wrong to translate the Scriptures into the way we speak today? The original King James Version was translated into the language of his day, the New King James Version was revised in language that can be easier understood than the original. The New World Translation that Jehovah's Witnesses use primarily, is not a revision of an existing translation but, an actual translation from the languages that were spoken at the time God first inspired the Bible to be written.
That is some laughable stuff there.

The NWT is not a translation at all. It is a mistranslation based on the false doctrines of the JW cult.

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
That is some laughable stuff there.

The NWT is not a translation at all. It is a mistranslation based on the false doctrines of the JW cult.
Have you ever used it to compare with any other Bible? I have and nearly every scripture is comparable, yet you insist the NWT is a mistranslation. That would mean that every translation that is comparable is a mistranslation! Are you sure you want to go down that road? If so, put your scriptures where your mouth is.

Right Divider

Body part
Have you ever used it to compare with any other Bible? I have and nearly every scripture is comparable, yet you insist the NWT is a mistranslation. That would mean that every translation that is comparable is a mistranslation! Are you sure you want to go down that road? If so, put your scriptures where your mouth is.
I have compared and found that the "translators" ADDED words that are NOT in the original to force their bogus doctrines into the text.

You're not fooling anyone here. We weren't born yesterday.

[Like adding the word OTHER FOUR TIMES in Col 1:15-17]

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
It reminds me of God hardening an already hard heart.

2 Thess. 2:9-12 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.​

Paul says the same here. These are people who already have a seared conscience...having rejected the truth beyond remedy.

1 Timothy 4:1-3
4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.​

Personally, I believe these are folks like the Jehovah Witnesses. They are so deluded by the cult they have bought into that they can no longer see truth when it is presented to them. They are recruiting heavily in these latter days, and we'll see this more and more....a great falling away from the hope of the Gospel. Having heard, they reject it for their own chosen delusion.
Actually, it's much simpler than that. People can see for themselves the hypocrisy in most religions and want to know the truth of the Bible. So they turn to Jehovah's Witnesses for straight answers to their questions. No smoke and mirrors, no slight of hand, no unexplainable mysteries, just simple Bible truths.

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
I work with a JW who is a home carer and is one of the most compassionate, unassuming, empathic people I've met in my life. She doesn't celebrate Christmas as that's not part of the faith as I understand but she bought every person in the place presents with no want in return and is generous to a fault. She's highly regarded among staff and clients alike because of her caring attitude towards people. Something a lot of so called "righteous Christians" could do well to emulate. A lot around here sound like Musterion's rancid signature...
Thank you for at least admitting that Jehovah's Witnesses can be and are, loving, kind and compassionate people. If we, as an organization, were what people say we are, it would be obvious by now, because lies and liars eventually expose themselves. We care enough about people whom we've never met to expose religion for the lies they tell, just as Jesus, gave his life for people he never met to offer them a way out of false religion's clutches and give them salvation for their sins.

glorydaz

Thank you for at least admitting that Jehovah's Witnesses can be and are, loving, kind and compassionate people. If we, as an organization, were what people say we are, it would be obvious by now, because lies and liars eventually expose themselves. We care enough about people whom we've never met to expose religion for the lies they tell, just as Jesus, gave his life for people he never met to offer them a way out of false religion's clutches and give them salvation for their sins.

Just get those aside who have escaped your cult, and you'll hear the other side of that story. Drunken over-bearing men who play the big shots in the Kingdom Hall, and then show their true colors at home. You can't keep these things under wraps...no matter how hard you try.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Just get those aside who have escaped your cult, and you'll hear the other side of that story. Drunken over-bearing men who play the big shots in the Kingdom Hall, and then show their true colors at home. You can't keep these things under wraps...no matter how hard you try.

All on has to do is look up undercover kingdom hall videos on YouTube to see the covered up problems...

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
That is as hilarious as it is untrue.
When the governments of the world decide that they've had enough of the world's religions meddling in politics, they will turn on and devastate false religion, to the point of total destruction. At that time, i will do my best to avoid saying " I told you so ".

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
We already know the story. Those who've left Jehovah's Organization, for whatever reason, know the truth of why they are no longer allowed to call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses and there is nothing they can do about it except lie and trash talk what they knew to be the truth at one time.

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
I have compared and found that the "translators" ADDED words that are NOT in the original to force their bogus doctrines into the text.

You're not fooling anyone here. We weren't born yesterday.

[Like adding the word OTHER FOUR TIMES in Col 1:15-17]
I get the idea that you wouldn't know the truth if it suddenly appeared in front of you like a vision. Until you can read ancient Greek and Hebrew, you have no idea what the correct translation of the Bible really is. The scholars who translated the Scriptures from the original writings were experts in those languages.

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
If you've got personal proof of what you claim, put it out there. Otherwise, you are simply passing along the lies and misinformation of others of your kind.

6days

We don't even know if the NWT is a translation...or just a re-wording of other translations changed to fit JW doctrine. Translations generally are proud to let known the scholarship of the translators, ...not the JW's.

Many examples how the NWT was changed from real translations such as John 1:1.
Here are 28 actual translations...Compare to the mis-'translation' in the NWT
New International Version
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New Living Translation
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible

New American Standard Bible

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Contemporary English Version
In the beginning was the one who is called the Word. The Word was with God and was truly God.

Good News Translation
In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
In the beginning, the Word existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

NET Bible
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was fully God.

New Heart English Bible

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
In the origin The Word had been existing and That Word had been existing with God and That Word was himself God.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New American Standard 1977

Jubilee Bible 2000
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and the Word was God.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Darby Bible Translation
In [the] beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;

Why does the NWT differ from all major translations? "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god". The answer is simple...and obvious to most. The NWT is changed to fit a heretical doctrine.

Last edited:

dcon

BANNED
Banned
I wonder if she spends her spare time flinging invective at strangers on the internet?

Right, like that
We all know your thoughts about Jehovah's Witnesses, so if you want to deny your hatred for us, you only expose yourself as a liar. You hate us, that's obvious. We are only interested in telling people what the Bible really says. There is nothing more loving that someone could do in this life than try to save the lives of people we've never met. What is the problem you have with that?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

dcon

BANNED
Banned
And you can't see any of us in our own environment, can you, Artie?

You are so quick to judge. It's what the Witnesses preach that is wrong, and this forum is for the discussion of theology. We are dealing with those here who are quite set in their beliefs hoping to drag others into their ungodly religions.

We are here to stop them. If that's a problem for you, why are you here?

Arthur is man enough to admit that even though he doesn't worship the same as Jehovah's Witnesses do, he recognizes Christian behavior when he sees it. I have yet to see any evidence in your character that proves him wrong, only hate.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk