Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No.

One can never, nor should, declare God limited nor incapable.
As usual you misunderstand what you read, which goes with your Bible studies as well. Read the Art's post again and see his question at the end which I answered. YOU limit God with your cult calvinistic beliefs.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No.

One can never, nor should, declare God limited nor incapable.

We can only discover and assent to God's will and good purposes.

The teaching of universal salvation is non-existent in His Word.

The Gospel Message is universal, however, it must be heard, then one must place their faith in Christ as their Savior in order to receive eternal life and the other benefits.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Did I really need to spell it out? Unbelief or a lack of belief in God. Atheism, agnosticism, belief in another 'God' aka Allah or whatever. It's not like you to be obtuse GM.

You were somewhere along the line, deceived. I'm EXTREMELY obtuse and EXCESSIVELY uneducated. I barely passed Kindergarten. However, I do my best to keep up airs. I hate to brag, so I don't.

Rosenritter

You obviously do not know me well enough to form such an opinion. Those that do, know better. I just believe we ought to make the distinction between different kinds of persons in error, as made in Jude 22-23. Some persons require compassion, and some require fear. Given the number of errors you hold, you are in the latter category. :AMR:

AMR

He does not know you well enough to form the opinion that you have a keen intellect and propensity for academia? Because when someone says "I don't see any empathy from you" they're justified to that type of opinion. They are saying what they see. If you have empathy you aren't conveying it to them.

Saying "You obviously do not know me well enough to form such an opinion" would be a nonsense statement when reacting to what someone else perceives or feels. So, being the erudite person that you are, you would know that already.

Rosenritter

Well, well enough to know that like you he believes in eternal torment and has no time for anything outside of that belief.

It's actually not a good thing that you (GM) and AMR are alike in that way. The Bible does not teach that men are immortal, nor does it teach that God will give immortality to the wicked. That particular doctrine (the immortality of the wicked) is just as twisted as the Calvinism you attack on this forum.

Rosenritter

A while back I wrestled with the idea of eternal damnation versus annihilation. However, through looking at what the Bible has to say about the subject, arrived at only one conclusion, "Eternal damnation" is the ONLY conclusion. It would feel quite assuring if "annihilation" were true, however, it has no validity in the Bible. Therefore, we must be ever vigilant to share the Gospel with others. Their destination is too horrible to contemplate.

Your comment doesn't make math. Annihilation is eternal damnation. It is 1) eternal and 2) damnation. If it were temporary, it would not be eternal, and if it were justification, it would not be damnation. Annihilation is neither.

Matthew 3:12 KJV
(12) Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Sounds like annihilation to me. It is both 1) eternally destroyed and 2) the result of damnation. If the wicked were to be given immortality, then why would they be likened to chaff, tares, roots, grass, the fat of lambs, and things that are known for their impermanence and their utter vanishing in the fire?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
He does not know you well enough to form the opinion that you have a keen intellect and propensity for academia? Because when someone says "I don't see any empathy from you" they're justified to that type of opinion. They are saying what they see. If you have empathy you aren't conveying it to them.

Saying "You obviously do not know me well enough to form such an opinion" would be a nonsense statement when reacting to what someone else perceives or feels. So, being the erudite person that you are, you would know that already.

We are to others what we project ourselves to be. You're correct.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your comment doesn't make math. Annihilation is eternal damnation. It is 1) eternal and 2) damnation. If it were temporary, it would not be eternal, and if it were justification, it would not be damnation. Annihilation is neither.

Matthew 3:12 KJV
(12) Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Sounds like annihilation to me. It is both 1) eternally destroyed and 2) the result of damnation. If the wicked were to be given immortality, then why would they be likened to chaff, tares, roots, grass, the fat of lambs, and things that are known for their impermanence and their utter vanishing in the fire?

You misunderstood what I was saying. I don't believe in "Annihilation." I believe in "Eternal (ever-lasting) damnation. (punishment.)

Rosenritter

I know you do. I think however, that were you to be faced with some unknown human being in abject agony you'd feel compassion for them and want to stop their pain right?

When faced with a small animal in abject agony my heart leaps out to it and wants to help it out of its pain. Have you ever heard a dog scream that gets caught in barbed wire?

Rosenritter

Although I can't prove it Scripturally, I don't believe that a child below a certain age will be sent into eternal damnation. In order to be saved, one must hear the Gospel and place their faith in Christ as their Savior. A baby cannot do this. The character of God is merciful and I don't believe any baby that dies will ever go into eternal damnation.

1) What effective difference is there between a babe of 3 days, and a man of 30 years, provided that neither of them were presented with a chance to hear the gospel?

2) Your definition of "mercy" comes into question, considering that you consider it a "mercy" to torture people for infinity regardless if they were to repent or not. Because if you keep that person alive for infinity, unless you are going to "seal their will" like the Calvinist, it is inevitable that some would repent. You're a clever chap and you probably understand the problem I just gave you, but please ask for clarification if it didn't click.

Rosenritter

If one hears the Gospel and rejects it until their final breath, they will be judged by God for their works and be cast into the Lake of Fire. Read the few last chapters of Revelation.

Revelation 21:8 KJV
(8) But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

In context, however, unbelief cannot be talking about "not believing there is a God" considering they have just personally witnessed God bring them back to life and stood before him and the holy angels. Brain take notice.

Also, in context, the punishment described is called the "second death" and not the "second life in never ending torment." Marowbe take notice.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Revelation 20:19 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Rosenritter

And just how much metaphor and symbolism is that particular chapter steeped in though GM? Death itself is cast into the lake along with Hades. Do you think it's literal fire?

If he says it is a literal fire, then ask if it kills literal people.
If he says it does not kill literal people, then ask how it is a literal fire.
If he says it does kill literal people, then ask how it is expected to cause torment for eternity.

If he says it is not a literal fire, then ask how it is supposed to cause torment for eternity.
If he says it is not a literal fire, then ask why the bible says that God will "burn up" the wicked and why they shall be "reduced to ashes."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Revelation 21:8 KJV
(8) But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

In context, however, unbelief cannot be talking about "not believing there is a God" considering they have just personally witnessed God bring them back to life and stood before him and the holy angels. Brain take notice.

Also, in context, the punishment described is called the "second death" and not the "second life in never ending torment." Marowbe take notice.

You're scared and I don't blame you. Make sure you KNOW if you're in the Body of Christ or not? If not, you'll only have judgment and eternal damnation after you leave this world.

Rosenritter

You misunderstood what I was saying. I don't believe in "Annihilation." I believe in "Eternal (ever-lasting) damnation. (punishment.)

Your answer is confusing. Are you implying that annihilation is a temporary punishment, an eternal reward, or both temporary and a reward?

By the way, I can read your posts so much better now. I appreciate the straight font.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God is justified in all that He does. He created a place called "The Lake of Fire." It's not a metaphor, an analogy or a symbol. It's a real place that exists. There is nobody residing there until after the judgment. Satan, the False Prophet and the Beast will be cast into the "Lake of Fire" as well as, the unsaved. They will all spend eternity in that place of torment and anguish.