ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Right Divider

Body part
the Gospel is inside the offer to Israel about the kingdom, which did come and was not a Judaistic theocracy. The term is actually 'reign.' Christ was about to be enthroned, and was, as found in Ps 2, at the resurrection, which also took place because of his redemptive sacrifice.

You are imposing 2P2P on the NT which is not there at all. It is actually a unified message, as found through all the letters etc.

To repeat, here are some reasons we know the redemptive Gospel of Christ was being preached already:
1, they knew Christ was the 'Lamb' of God. Hard to miss the significance of that title in that decade!
2, they knew very soon that Christ had and proved the authority to forgive sins
3, they knew that the 'cross' they were going to take up was the preaching of his cross in the well-known 'if any many would follow me, he must...' verses
4, they knew the dynamic of grace was in operation very early because the disreputable women episodes were about how 'those forgiven much love much' vs the Pharisee mentality.
5, they knew fairly soon that Christ referred to his upcoming event as an 'exodus'--that would be a new one, just as everything else in Judaism was being rendered new.

These are all simple truths that you GM cannot seem to comprehend.

There is no indication at all of a theocratic, Judaistic, temple- or Jerusalem-based kingdom. That is a misguided belief the masses grew up with and tried to impose on him, which he refused, as in Jn 5 and 12:34.

Those who do become missionaries of his Gospel (see the middle of Rom 10) do go on to 'reign in life' and to be 'more than conquerors' as Romans says, but very few from Israel believed.
:dizzy:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
These are all simple truths that you GM cannot seem to comprehend.
No! What I can't seem to "comprehend" is, how ignorant you are of the truth of the Grace Gospel, as preached by The Apostle Paul? I'll venture a guess, though. I think you're not a member of the Body of Christ? I can see, you have NO Spiritual discernment and lack the ability to "Rightly Divide" the written word of God. That's my Hypothesis.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Inter uses words and phrases that would signal him as being, quite the "Wordsmith." However, I think it only provides him a "smokescreen" to protect him from being exposed as a complete charlatan.

dodge

No! What I can't seem to "comprehend" is, how ignorant you are of the truth of the Grace Gospel, as preached by The Apostle Paul? I'll venture a guess, though. I think you're not a member of the Body of Christ? I can see, you have NO Spiritual discernment and lack the ability to "Rightly Divide" the written word of God. That's my Hypothesis.

lack of spiritual discernment = Ignore the ONE who brought the gospel and all of His teachings and place ALL faith in one He called to be His messenger.

Some of what Jesus taught was obviously for Israel ,and much of what Jesus taught was for everyone, but sadly YOUR lack of spiritual discernment blinds you to TRUTH.

You do know that the GRACE gospel is taught in the gospel of John as it is in all the gospels .

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes would not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16 says nothing about the law . The only requirement was to "believe" to be saved.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
When Jesus spoke to the disciples at the last supper, he said "one of you will betray me" he spoke to them collectively. But each disciple said "is it I lord"

I take everything to myself.
That is foolishness. Asking if it applies to you and acting accordingly to the response is what you should do.

marhig

That is foolishness. Asking if it applies to you and acting accordingly to the response is what you should do.

I don't think it's foolishness to take the teachings of Jesus to myself. Why is that foolishness?

What I mean is that Jesus and the apostles didn't just preach to a crowd collectively, but he was speaking to all of us individually too.

Just like sowing the seed, and it falling good ground. Many will hear the word but not everyone will truly accept it. Also many say they believe the gospel, but then they pick and choose what's for them to believe in, I don't believe like that, as I read the scriptures, I take them in and look at myself to see if any relate me and to see if I'm living right according to the teachings of Jesus.

2 Timothy 3

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Danoh

I don't think it's foolishness to take the teachings of Jesus to myself. Why is that foolishness?

What I mean is that Jesus and the apostles didn't just preach to a crowd collectively, but he was speaking to all of us individually too.

Just like sowing the seed, and it falling good ground. Many will hear the word but not everyone will truly accept it. Also many say they believe the gospel, but then they pick and choose what's for them to believe in, I don't believe like that, as I read the scriptures, I take them in and look at myself to see if any relate me and to see if I'm living right according to the teachings of Jesus.

2 Timothy 3

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Which All Scripture are you referring to?

This THAT JESUS COMMANDED...

Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Or this that He LATER commanded...

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

But...you and yours are right...its all one size fits all...nothing changed....

What unbelief due to incompetence...

For the above is merely ONE of MANY such CHANGES IN the ORDER of things...

Things That...Differ.

Yo, IP, I just now quoted a book title :chuckle:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Because, the bottom line is that not everything is for, or to you.

Just like in your example Jesus was speaking only of Judas and no one else. The disciples did the right thing by asking if He was speaking of them. They didn't assume He was.

And there were times He or they were speaking to individuals and it is not applicable to us. Or times when they spoke to specific groups and not to anyone outside those groups.

Do you do as was commanded of Ananias and Sapphira?

2 Timothy 3

Yes. But not every command or commission, etc. is to all followers of Christ.

marhig

Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Things That...Differ.

I believe God doesn't change, he says so himself and I believe that Paul and Jesus taught the same, they taught one gospel.

Malachi 3

For I am the LORD, I change not

I believe that the Jews followed the laws in the flesh not by the spirit, so they were able to apply them to how they believed in the flesh they should be following them. But over time they could be changed to suit man with things added on so it changed Gods word to suit flesh.

But once we walk in the spirit and follow Jesus, then Gods laws are put in our hearts and in our minds. We no longer follow the law after the flesh but after the spirit so that we have no excuse because Jesus lived it out for a perfect example for us to follow and the spirit who is in the heart, guides us to the truth every day. Where as they follow all the laws literally we follow them spiritually.

For example, circumcision isn't natural circumcision but one of the heart, taking away our foreskin of our heart, which is our first skin, our old flesh. And the Jews don't eat pork, a pig wallows in the mire, and eats all sorts of rubbish, it's happy Just keeping its head in the muck, we don't want that nature in our heart, we turn from the wallowing in the dirt, and eating any food given to us, only to want the bread of life, we look up to the heavens and take ourselves out of the dirt of the world. Once we enter into God's rest, we are then circumcised and our old flesh is gone, and through the spirit we are covered in the life of Christ and we are a new man walking in his ways and his life is seen in us.

I don't believe that the laws are annulled as such, but we follow in the spirit and not in the flesh so that is not what we do on the outside without changing our hearts. It's first what is done on the inside and then the outside becomes clean. Once our hearts are changed then we stop doing the things that are wrong before God in our life, and we walk away from the world and we turn from sin.

Jeremiah 31

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 10

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them

God doesn't change, and once we are born of the spirit we walk in the spirit and live by the spirit and we are taught the laws of God from within, we will follow his commandments, and we will do as God requires, because we will love him with all our hearts, mind soul and strength and we will love our neighbour as ourselves

Matthew 22

Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law?Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

God didn't annul his laws, he strengthened them, and those who walk in the spirit who are taught from within worship God in spirit and in truth and they obey God.

If we have faith in our hearts, and if we love the Lord our God with our all, and our neighbour as ourselves, then we won't break Gods commandments.

Romans 3

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law..Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

marhig

Because, the bottom line is that not everything is for, or to you.

Just like in your example Jesus was speaking only of Judas and no one else. The disciples did the right thing by asking if He was speaking of them. They didn't assume He was.

And there were times He or they were speaking to individuals and it is not applicable to us. Or times when they spoke to specific groups and not to anyone outside those groups.

Yes. But not every command or commission, etc. is to all followers of Christ.

At the end of the day, the Bible teaches us to turn from sin, and when I read the Bible, I know that God wants my heart changed. We're quick to change God's word to suit ourselves. But we are to change our lives to suit God and this is done through faith, following Jesus, denying ourselves, baring our cross all with help and guidance of the indwelling spirit of God.

I take Gods word to myself first, we have freewill, you choose what you will.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Things That...Differ.

God always told Israel to choose and obey him to receive eternal life.

That young dude only thought he did.

We all know that nobody but Jesus did.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
lack of spiritual discernment = Ignore the ONE who brought the gospel and all of His teachings and place ALL faith in one He called to be His messenger.

Some of what Jesus taught was obviously for Israel ,and much of what Jesus taught was for everyone, but sadly YOUR lack of spiritual discernment blinds you to TRUTH.

You do know that the GRACE gospel is taught in the gospel of John as it is in all the gospels .

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes would not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16 says nothing about the law . The only requirement was to "believe" to be saved.

:chuckle:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Ananias and Sapphira were not commanded anything.

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I believe God doesn't change, he says so himself and I believe that Paul and Jesus taught the same, they taught one gospel.

Malachi 3

For I am the LORD, I change not
Not even His mind?

I believe that the Jews followed the laws in the flesh not by the spirit, so they were able to apply them to how they believed in the flesh they should be following them. But over time they could be changed to suit man with things added on so it changed Gods word to suit flesh.
Can you elaborate?

But once we walk in the spirit and follow Jesus, then Gods laws are put in our hearts and in our minds. We no longer follow the law after the flesh but after the spirit so that we have no excuse because Jesus lived it out for a perfect example for us to follow and the spirit who is in the heart, guides us to the truth every day. Where as they follow all the laws literally we follow them spiritually.
The only one who followed it perfectly was Christ.

Romans 3

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law..Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Why the differentiation between the circumcision and the uncircumcision? Why is one by faith and the other through?

At the end of the day, the Bible teaches us to turn from sin, and when I read the Bible, I know that God wants my heart changed. We're quick to change God's word to suit ourselves. But we are to change our lives to suit God and this is done through faith, following Jesus, denying ourselves, baring our cross all with help and guidance of the indwelling spirit of God.

I take Gods word to myself first, we have freewill, you choose what you will.
We don't change anything; He does that.

Ananias and Sapphira were not commanded anything.

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
If they were not commanded to do anything then why was it a bad thing to keep the money? Why lie about it if they were not commanded to do other than what they did?

Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, and laid them at the apostles’ feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need. And Joses, who was also named Barnabas by the apostles (which is translated Son of Encouragement), a Levite of the country of Cyprus, having land, sold it, and brought the money and laid it at the apostles’ feet.
But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”
Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things. And the young men arose and wrapped him up, carried him out, and buried him.
Now it was about three hours later when his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. And Peter answered her, “Tell me whether you sold the land for so much?”
She said, “Yes, for so much.”
Then Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.” Then immediately she fell down at his feet and breathed her last. And the young men came in and found her dead, and carrying her out, buried her by her husband. So great fear came upon all the church and upon all who heard these things.
Acts 4:32-5:11

And while we're at it, why were the Jewish Christians selling their possessions like this anyway? What did they expect to be happening soon?