ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Interplanner

If the Holy Spirit intended Paul to say "handle correctly" or something similarly redundant and not even needing stating, Paul had already used the word for handle in Col 2:21 and using in Col 2:22. So He might have done so again here. But He didn't.

"Rightly divide," then, must mean something markedly different...unless men have made up your mind that it can't.

Some handling IS dividing. The point is it's context does not have to do with broad biblical issues like that. It has to do with wasting time with Judaizers and what they thought a term meant and how much time they wasted for important things.

There are translations that put properly handle, too.

Right Divider

Body part
'Covenant' theology is proper theology, don't labor under 'Dispensationalism'- come back to real, historical Christianity instead of listening to some guy at the podium selling you a rapture and all that is convenient.
God does not operate in such a way, the MADist god is an entirely different one.
More opinion blabbering from the opinion-babbilnator.

Your "historical Christianity" left the truth a long time about.

Danoh

Some handling IS dividing. The point is it's context does not have to do with broad biblical issues like that. It has to do with wasting time with Judaizers and what they thought a term meant and how much time they wasted for important things.

Where, pray tell, is that in The Text?

The issue there is that of what he is to be diligent to be rightly ASSERTING - IN CONTRAST TO - its' OPPOSITE - vain, or baseless, and therefore, profane BABBLINGS.

As in YOUR vain, or baseless, and therefore, profane...babblings :chuckle:

Danoh

More opinion blabbering from the opinion-babbilnator.

Your "historical Christianity" left the truth a long time about.

Yep.

Right after Sole Fide and Sola Scritura - back into the former darkness of reasoning "about" a thing it soon returned...where it has remained...to this very day...

SaulToPaul 2

The one-time expression in one pastoral letter of Paul 'handle properly' had nothing to do with divvying up passages back and forth between Israel and the Gentiles. True there are passages that were/are only binding to Israel. But a whole industry has developed on a misused expression, and huge numbers of mistakes at that.

The expression had to do with Timothy, Paul's apprentice, not wasting his time on stray expressions or rules in the law that were not constructive toward the Gospel's ministry. The problem was 'wrangling about words or expressions in the law.'

That is about par for the understanding of the Bible from D'ists.

:chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

No, it has to do with being approved as a workman, and the word of truth we are to rightly divide is the gospel of your salvation.

You don't like that.

DAN P

'Covenant' theology is proper theology, don't labor under 'Dispensationalism'- come back to real, historical Christianity instead of listening to some guy at the podium selling you a rapture and all that is convenient.
God does not operate in such a way, the MADist god is an entirely different one.

Hi and you have used COVENANT THEOLOGY twice , so how is a person SAVED under the New Covenant ?

So , give a verse !!

dan p

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Hi and you have used COVENANT THEOLOGY twice , so how is a person SAVED under the New Covenant ?

So , give a verse !!

dan p

Covenant theology- a Calvinist conceptual overview and interpretive framework for understanding the overall flow of the Bible. It uses the theological concept of a covenant as an organizing principle for Christian theology.

The Catholic Church holds to something similar, but also a bit like the opposite side of the same coin. It ties into much of the mayhem between Catholicism vs Protestantism, and is not something one can figure out by 'giving verses'. In fact, it gets old having people always using vestiges of scripture to scrutinize entire sweeping dogmas. It's not so simple and all you end up doing half the time is creating 'legal fictions'.

DAN P

Covenant theology- a Calvinist conceptual overview and interpretive framework for understanding the overall flow of the Bible. It uses the theological concept of a covenant as an organizing principle for Christian theology.

The Catholic Church holds to something similar, but also a bit like the opposite side of the same coin. It ties into much of the mayhem between Catholicism vs Protestantism, and is not something one can figure out by 'giving verses'. In fact, it gets old having people always using vestiges of scripture to scrutinize entire sweeping dogmas. It's not so simple and all you end up doing half the time is creating 'legal fictions'.

Hi and you are not a NEW COVENANT THEOLOGIAN ??

Sl what do you believe concerning SALVATIOIN and How do you believe one becomes SAVED with verses ??

dan p

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

:chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The majority of posters on TOL don't know how to "Rightly Divide" the written word of God. So, they're confused and ignorant regarding what's being said, and to who it's being said to.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ preached "The Kingdom Message" to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, as did Peter and the rest. When Paul came along he was made "The Apostle to the Gentiles", and he preached "The Grace Gospel" to the Gentiles. That's a simple truth. Most of you cannot seem to comprehend it.

Today, only "The Grace Gospel" is in effect for both the Jews and the Gentiles.

marhig

[/B]
What does that mean?
Sorry, I had to rush out yesterday, I've just remembered your post. I mean that I take the teachings in the Bible to myself, I don't just think that Jesus and his apostles are speaking only to a collective audience. I believe that that are speaking to each of us individually.

It's easy to say, that's for them, and not for us. But I say is it I lord, is it for me, and I go back to Jesus and the apostles to see their example and their teachings and see what they would do or say, and I apply that to myself, I also go to Gods people around me, I have even heard things from some on here and I know it was for me, to put me right! Once in particular someone spoke about forgiveness, and it moved me because of something wrong I'd just done, and I told the person how they had helped me, and I knew it was from God.

I know in my heart that God wants our heart cleansed, not just left dirty and just saying we believe with our mouths as many do. So I take everything myself first and foremost. I can't talk to others about the things of God, if I'm not living right before him myself.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sorry, I had to rush out yesterday, I've just remembered your post. I mean that I take the teachings in the Bible to myself, I don't just think that Jesus and his apostles are speaking only to a collective audience. I believe that that are speaking to each of us individually.

It's easy to say, that's for them, and not for us. But I say is it I lord, is it for me, and I go back to Jesus and the apostles to see their example and their teachings and see what they would do or say, and I apply that to myself, I also go to Gods people around me, I have even heard things from some on here and I know it was for me, to put me right! Once in particular someone spoke about forgiveness, and it moved me because of something wrong I'd just done, and I told the person how they had helped me, and I knew it was from God.

I know in my heart that God wants our heart cleansed, not just left dirty and just saying we believe with our mouths as many do. So I take everything myself first and foremost. I can't talk to others about the things of God, if I'm not living right before him myself.

I see.

Interplanner

Christ preached "The Kingdom Message" to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, as did Peter and the rest. When Paul came along he was made "The Apostle to the Gentiles", and he preached "The Grace Gospel" to the Gentiles. That's a simple truth. Most of you cannot seem to comprehend it.

Today, only "The Grace Gospel" is in effect for both the Jews and the Gentiles.

the Gospel is inside the offer to Israel about the kingdom, which did come and was not a Judaistic theocracy. The term is actually 'reign.' Christ was about to be enthroned, and was, as found in Ps 2, at the resurrection, which also took place because of his redemptive sacrifice.

You are imposing 2P2P on the NT which is not there at all. It is actually a unified message, as found through all the letters etc.

To repeat, here are some reasons we know the redemptive Gospel of Christ was being preached already:
1, they knew Christ was the 'Lamb' of God. Hard to miss the significance of that title in that decade!
2, they knew very soon that Christ had and proved the authority to forgive sins
3, they knew that the 'cross' they were going to take up was the preaching of his cross in the well-known 'if any many would follow me, he must...' verses
4, they knew the dynamic of grace was in operation very early because the disreputable women episodes were about how 'those forgiven much love much' vs the Pharisee mentality.
5, they knew fairly soon that Christ referred to his upcoming event as an 'exodus'--that would be a new one, just as everything else in Judaism was being rendered new.

These are all simple truths that you GM cannot seem to comprehend.

There is no indication at all of a theocratic, Judaistic, temple- or Jerusalem-based kingdom. That is a misguided belief the masses grew up with and tried to impose on him, which he refused, as in Jn 5 and 12:34.

Those who do become missionaries of his Gospel (see the middle of Rom 10) do go on to 'reign in life' and to be 'more than conquerors' as Romans says, but very few from Israel believed.