ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Danoh

Hi and can a NATION / ETHNOS / GENTILE / RACE / HEATHEN be BORN at ONCE , so read Isa 66:8 !!

dan p

The above, together with Mindless 1's reply, shows the folly of going by the Hebrew and or the Greek OVER The Text.

As in ANY language - it is The Text ALONE that determines what intended sense was meant - by HOW It uses Its' Words...

Relying on the Hebrew and or the Greek ALONE, too often ends up leaving The Text at the mercy of the reader's OWN choosing, given the multiple choices of - here: nation; ethnos; Gentile; race; heathen...

The old "let's see; which of those better proves MY pet doctrine..." that so MANY are TOO OFTEN prone too...

In contrast, The Text is nicely able to point to Its' Own intended sense.

Isaiah 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. 66:8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. 66:9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God. 66:10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

As an aside, at times, Israel is viewed as A Son and or A Man Child in a sense similar to how The Body is viewed as One New Man.

This throws off both many a Jew within Judaism, as well as many a Believer within Christianity.

Being that in BOTH aspects of God's Two-Fold Purpose: Prophecy and Mystery - all three - the Lord; Israel; and the Body, are often referred to in this same sense - "Man."

As ALWAYS - The Text ALONE determines WHICH of The Three...is being referred to...

DAN P

The above, together with Mindless 1's reply, shows the folly of going by the Hebrew and or the Greek OVER The Text.

As in ANY language - it is The Text ALONE that determines what intended sense was meant - by HOW It uses Its' Words...

Relying on the Hebrew and or the Greek ALONE, too often ends up leaving The Text at the mercy of the reader's OWN choosing, given the multiple choices of - here: nation; ethnos; Gentile; race; heathen...

The old "let's see; which of those better proves MY pet doctrine..." that so MANY are TOO OFTEN prone too...

Isaiah 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. 66:8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. 66:9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God. 66:10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

As an aside, at times, Israel is viewed as A Son and or A Man Child in a sense similar to how The Body is viewed as One New Man.

This throws off both many a Jew within Judaism, as well as many a Believer within Christianity.

Being that in BOTH aspects of God's Two-Fold Purpose: Prophecy and Mystery - all three - the Lord; Israel; and the Body, are often referred to in this same sense - "Man."

As ALWAYS - The Text ALONE determines WHICH of The Three...is being referred to...

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

If you're trying to say Peter and the boys were reckoned as heathen, I can get along with that.

1 Peter 4:3
For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

Romans 11:32
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
~1 THESSALONIANS 4:16~

The verse right before the verse they claim proves how arbitrary they are with the 'Rapture'- how you gonna post a passage that goes against you :AMR:

It's baseless belief.

Danoh

~1 THESSALONIANS 4:16~

The verse right before the verse they claim proves how arbitrary they are with the 'Rapture'- how you gonna post a passage that goes against you :AMR:

It's baseless belief.

How so?

You assert Dispensationalism's belief as to this issue is a "baseless belief" even as you give no basis for your conclusion other than your say so.

Here, break down your assertion - prove of what sort it is...

1 Thessalonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
1 Thessalonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

IT IS SPEAKING OF THE FINAL MOMENT BEFORE THE JUDGEMENT AND PURGE.

How hard is it to grasp :doh:
Are you familiar AT ALL with Revelation..

Danoh

IT IS SPEAKING OF THE FINAL MOMENT BEFORE THE JUDGEMENT AND PURGE.

How hard is it to grasp :doh:
Are you familiar AT ALL with Revelation..

All you have done is replaced one baseless assertion on your part with another equally baseless assertion on your part.

Post your duh all you want; you haven't proven your assertion.

What you ARE proving is that you are actually ignorant enough to allow yourself to believe that just because you are asserting a thing, it is therefore true, and therefore, the other guy merits a duh from you.

Again; prove your assertion.

While you are at it; you can shove your impatience with anyone who does not allow you your incompetence as the final say so on a matter; I for one, am not impressed with your obvious books based reasoning's resulting arrogance.

Either lay out the passages...or shut up, book worm.

Put up...or shut up.