ECT Do those who believe MAD believe the Apostle Paul was a liar ?

john w

Hall of Fame
I have NEVER said Judas preached the gospel of grace !
Yes, you did. You asserted "one gospel"=one piece of good news; Thus, you assert that Judas preached the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, per Luke 9:6 KJV

Read Luke 9:6 KJV-a 6 year old can see it. Why can't you? Rhetorical q. You believe what others say the book teaches, not studying the details of the book, a book of details.

God's Truth

No....I'm arguing with your perversion of the truth.

The Bible says Jesus is above all.

How do you call the Word of God 'perversion'?

Read it and dare say it is perversion.

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

Ephesians 1:21
far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Not one of those scriptures say what you say.

Not one says that he is ruling except for Israel.

God's Truth

What does 'metanoeo/metanoia' mean?

You need to speak English.

But since you want to know what that word means in another language, here it is for you: LOLLOLLOL

Transliteration
metanoeō
Pronunciation
me-tä-no-e'-ō (Key)
Part of Speech
verb
Root Word (Etymology)
From μετά (G3326) and νοέω (G3539)
Dictionary Aids
Vine's Expository Dictionary: View Entry
TDNT Reference: 4:975,636
Trench's Synonyms: lxix. μετανοέω, μεταμέλομαι.
KJV Translation Count — Total: 34x
The KJV translates Strong's G3340 in the following manner: repent (34x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
to change one's mind, i.e. to repent
to change one's mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins

God's Truth

Continued:

"Repentance (metanoia, 'change of mind') involves a turning with contrition from sin to God; the repentant sinner is in the proper condition to accept the divine forgiveness." (F. F. Bruce. The Acts of the Apostles [Greek Text Commentary], London: Tyndale, 1952, p. 97.)
Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
μετανοέω metanoéō, met-an-o-eh'-o; from G3326 and G3539; to think differently or afterwards, i.e. reconsider (morally, feel compunction):—repent.
Thayer's Greek Lexicon [?]
G3340

Strong's Number G3340 matches the Greek μετανοέω (metanoeō),
which occurs 36 times in 32 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV
Click here to view results using the NASB Greek concordance

Click here to view results using the HCSB Greek concordance

God's Truth

Yes, you did. You asserted "one gospel"=one piece of good news; Thus, you assert that Judas preached the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, per Luke 9:6 KJV

Read Luke 9:6 KJV-a 6 year old can see it. Why can't you? Rhetorical q. You believe what others say the book teaches, not studying the details of the book, a book of details.

Judas did preach it. So?

Anyone can preach it.

Why do you insult what Jesus taught by continuing to bring up Judas?

john w

Hall of Fame
Personally I don't believe the Apostles preached the Completed Gospel until after Jesus resurrected. From that point on I believe they ALL preached the complete Gospel. Judas was dead when Jesus resurrected.
Irrelevant what you "personally," or "impersonally" believe. There is no such thing as "the Completed Gospel." You've been shown, that the content of the gospel of Christ, which has as its foundation, the....

Death
Burial
Resurrection

...of the Saviour, was hid from the 12, at least prior to its occurrence, and that the 12 initially did not believe that He had risen; thus, the 12, including Judas, where not preaching the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, during the time they were preaching a gospel, that is, they were preaching the good news/gospel of the kingdom for almost 3 years, void of the DBR as its content.

Thus, the gospel/good news of the kingdom is not equivalent to the gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

There is plenty of good news, more than 1 piece of good news, in the book; the context/when, tells you which good news/gospel is in view.

A 6 year old can see it.

But you continue to deceptively spam:
Nope ! There is only ONE gospel. The Gospel is about Jesus and His blood covers both Jew and Gentile.

So, Judas preached "about Jesus and His blood covers both Jew and Gentile."

Read Luke 9:6 KJV

A 2 year old can see this.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

I know all of those resources and definitions which define 'metanoia' broadly.

The literal definition is 'a change of mind', which could be a change of mind about anything, not always with regard to sin.

I gave you an example in Acts 17 where Paul is telling the Greeks to change their minds from their concept of God being conceived of something made with man's hands to the appropriate conception of the true GOD who created all things.

In Acts 2 Peter is appealing to 'you men of Israel' to 'repent/change your mind' regarding their false conception of the identity of Jesus of Nazareth and come to the correct conception that He is both LORD and Messiah.

Metanoia involves more than an emotional sorrow over sin and it does not mean what you think it means(as so many have pointed out to you)...'to quit sinning'. Metanoia is a mental change.

God's Truth

I know all of those resources and definitions which define 'metanoia' broadly.

The literal definition is 'a change of mind', which could be a change of mind about anything, not always with regard to sin.

I gave you an example in Acts 17 where Paul is telling the Greeks to change their minds from their concept of God being conceived of something made with man's hands to the appropriate conception of the true GOD who created all things.

In Acts 2 Peter is appealing to 'you men of Israel' to 'repent/change your mind' regarding their false conception of the identity of Jesus of Nazareth and come to the correct conception that He is both LORD and Messiah.

Metanoia involves more than an emotional sorrow over sin and it does not mean what you think it means(as so many have pointed out to you)...'to quit sinning'. Metanoia is a mental change.

You are making all kinds of excuses.

You have NOT proven your false beliefs, not with scripture, not with Hebrew, not with Greek, and not with English, and not with common sense.

God's Truth

Paul was telling the people to repent of their SINS.

Paul was not telling them to change their mind about a God that they NEVER BEFORE HEARD OF!