ECT Do those who believe MAD believe the Apostle Paul was a liar ?

God's Truth

That's what we are doing, Gt.
You have already stated that there were two different covenants (old & new).
You also stated that one of them (I assume you meant the new one) was lasting.
Are you now changing your mind about any of that?

No. The New Covenant is forever.

God's Truth

If you...say so...

2 Timothy 3:14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

God’s word is understandable even to a young child. How from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, see 2 Timothy 3:15. We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105. For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus.
See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14. God revealed the truth to little children, and God hid the truth from the wise and learned.
Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
We are not to follow tradition or church laws or any human rules as authority for the church (Matthew 15:1-14; Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:6-9; Proverbs 14:12; 2 John 9-11; Jeremiah 10:23).
The world’s wisdom is foolishness to God (Matthew 11:25; Luke 10:21; 1 Corinthians 1:7, 19-21, 25-27; 2:1, 4-7, 13; 3:18,19; 2 Corinthians 1:2; Ephesians 1:8, 17; Colossians 1:9; 2:3; James 1:5; 2 Peter 3:15). We do not have to read books upon books to understand and explain our beliefs, as do those with false beliefs.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. The New Covenant is forever.
Is 'forever' what you meant when you said it was "lasting"?
Or did you have some other meaning of "lasting" for the new covenant?

If only one of those covenants is forever/lasting, then the other was temporary, right?

We know the old covenant could be broken by man.
Can the new covenant be broken by man?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Admit that you are a sinner.
Do you admit you are a sinner?

Think of all the sins you are doing right now.
Do you admit your flesh body still sins?

Why is it so hard to confess and repent of your sins.
Good question for all sinners.
Why has it been so hard for you to completely stop sinning?

Why is it so hard for you to obey?
Since "repent" means "stopped sinning" to you, and you are still sinning, then you have not repented yet.

DAN P

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Hi and wrong again !!

GOSPEL / EUANGRLION means Good News , Good Tidings and you better get VINE'S and then you can KNOW !!

This than means you do not know how God saves , do you , and do not understand that pharse !!

Like 1 Tim 1:16 , it is a Pattern , so what is the PATTERN , GRASSHOPPER ??

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame
God's Truth;4957706[U said:
]Judas taught the good news, and it is that Jesus will save his people from their sins.

No, he did not, moron. The dbr was hid from the 12, idiot.You lied-again.

None of the 12 preached, prior to the occurrence of the dbr:

"Hey, everyone!!!! The master is going to die for our sins, and be raised again, for our justification!!!! Believe this good news to be saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

God's Truth;4957706[U said:
]
Matthew 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

Luke 1:77 76And you, child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare His ways, 77to give to His people knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, 78because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the Dawn will visit us from on high,

Sounds like the good news Paul spoke of.

More irrelevant spamming of verses.

The dbr was hid from the 12, moron,prior to its occurrence; the 12 denied the resurrection, initially, knew NADA about it.

Idiot.

God's Truth

Do you admit you are a sinner?

Do you admit your flesh body still sins?

Good question for all sinners.
Why has it been so hard for you to completely stop sinning?

Since "repent" means "stopped sinning" to you, and you are still sinning, then you have not repented yet.

I have admitted to being a sinner and have confessed and repented of my sins.

The sins I had trouble giving up, I called on Jesus and he came to save me.

If I have sinned while saved, I confess and repent of those sins, I work out my salvation with trembling and fear, just like Paul says to do.

And you?

God's Truth

Is 'forever' what you meant when you said it was "lasting"?
Or did you have some other meaning of "lasting" for the new covenant?

If only one of those covenants is forever/lasting, then the other was temporary, right?

We know the old covenant could be broken by man.
Can the new covenant be broken by man?

Anyone can break covenant with God.

musterion

I have admitted to being a sinner and have confessed and repented of my sins.

The sins I had trouble giving up, I called on Jesus and he came to save me.

If I have sinned while saved, I confess and repent of those sins, I work out my salvation with trembling and fear, just like Paul says to do.

That leaves you unable to claim Romans 8:1 and Col 2:13 as true for yourself, and you are indeed NOT saved because by your own admission you are not SAFE...which is what SAVED means.

God's Truth

That leaves you unable to claim Romans 8:1

Those in Christ are those living through the Spirit, and we can only live through Christ if we obey.

and Col 2:13 as true for yourself, and you are indeed NOT saved because by your own admission you are not SAFE...which is what SAVED means.

That scripture is about NOT BEING circumcised in the flesh.

That means we did not have to get circumcised/do the ceremonial works before Jesus would save us.

dodge

That leaves you unable to claim Romans 8:1 and Col 2:13 as true for yourself, and you are indeed NOT saved because by your own admission you are not SAFE...which is what SAVED means.

Looks like many are offended and not enduring., and making excuses to ignore scripture. I believe that is called powerless and cheap grace.

Looks like many are already offended as Jesus taught !

Why if no effort is needed and we just get saved with zero obedience and God placed restrictions did Jesus say he who endures to the end , the same shall be saved ?

Mat 24:10
And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Mat 24:11
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:12
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Mat 24:13
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

musterion

Looks like many are offended and not enduring., and making excuses to ignore scripture. I believe that is called powerless and cheap grace.

Looks like many are already offended as Jesus taught !

Why if no effort is needed and we just get saved with zero obedience and God placed restrictions did Jesus say he who endures to the end , the same shall be saved ?

Mat 24:10
And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Mat 24:11
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:12
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Mat 24:13
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Christ wasn't talking to you.

john w

Hall of Fame
The old "cheap grace" spam/cliche, that only comes from the self righteous Pharisee types, like this poser.

You practice "easy work-ism," as the natural man, such as yourself, a man pleaser, just loves to boast in his/her works......"Look at me, everyone!!!!!I'm a cleaner rat!!!!!!!!!!!"

That is what is easy, and cheap, for fallen man, making the cross cheap. What is difficult is just believing that the Saviour's work was the only solution to the sin/sins issue alone, and accept it as a gift. But fallen man, who have "cheap grace" on their countenance, like their "spiritual" brother Cain before them, hates that, and responds, "How much do I owe you for this gift, God?"