Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuu

Dear Stuart,

It's best, I think, if I just remain mute on the subject. You don't understand the parable. Sometimes, the time comes to pick up your cross and follow Jesus.

Praise God In The Highest!!

Michael
I didn't realise there were parables in Revelation. Aren't the biblical parables supposed to be found in the gospels?

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Stuart,

These are more like hidden sentences than parables. They are dark sentences for the Lord to give understanding of by those He will. Hope that answers your questions.

May God Overwhelm You!!

Michael

noguru

I didn't realise there were parables in Revelation. Aren't the biblical parables supposed to be found in the gospels?

Stuart

I think Michael is referring to figurative speech. A parable definitely has figurative speech as an inherent part of its lesson. But not all figurative speech is a parable. I am pretty sure that Revelations has a lot of figurative speech.

Stuu

I think Michael is referring to figurative speech. A parable definitely has figurative speech as an inherent part of its lesson. But not all figurative speech is a parable. I am pretty sure that Revelations has a lot of figurative speech.
Yes I think a parable specifically really needs to have an analogy within it to qualify.

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Stuart,

Listen to noguru! May God Overwhelm You is a blessing for you, not a curse. Also, Revelation has it's mysteries and 'parables' or 'stories' for you to understand the meanings of. Check it out!

God's Best For You and Yours,

Michael

Stuu

Dear Stuart,

Listen to noguru! May God Overwhelm You is a blessing for you, not a curse. Also, Revelation has it's mysteries and 'parables' or 'stories' for you to understand the meanings of. Check it out!

God's Best For You and Yours,

Michael
Yes, I hope your god doesn't smite me.

It has done absolutely nothing like that to me so far, despite my opposition to its immoral systems. Of course you never know when it is going to get mad suddenly, like it did when it smote Uzzah, who was only trying to help steady the Ark of the Covenant on the back of the cart.

Maybe it is saving up its anger for when I am dead. Maybe it will do as is suggested in scripture, and at some point in the future it will dig me up, judge me, then burn me in sulfur, either to destroy me or to punish me forever, depending on how you interpret an intentionally obscure set of biblical threats.

I don't know how this god would qualify ethically to judge me. I've never committed even one genocide.

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Stuart,

Paul killed many Christians, but the Lord Jesus made him one of the chief apostles among them all. Of course, you've not killed anyone. So you still have plenty chances to learn what the truth is before you croak. It's by your love, that will measure your works. How much love you have for others inside and how much you are loved. Those are two important things. How much you love another though is probably the most important thing. I can feel what you are going through, Stu, and still love you regardless of it. Love is a Strong Feeling. Surely you know what it is. Open up that heart of yours and you are halfway to heaven already. C what u can do!!

God Be Between You and Me For Now,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Er! Jesus met Saul of Tarsus on Saul's way to his destiny and God caused him to be blinded for a while. Then God sent someone on His behalf to give Saul his eyesight back.

Will chat more later!!

Thanks Stu, for at least trying to understand!!

Much Love To You,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Stuart,

Are you banned?? What's going on? And Saul of Tarsus did meet Jesus on his way to Damascus.

God Be With You!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

I know. I was just wondering how he got banned is all.

Thanks And God Be With You Too Alwight!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

Someone told me that it would show that you are banned a few days before you actually were. Stuu sure gets banned fast. He's got to find ways to express himself that aren't so volatile.

God Be With You!!

Michael

noguru

Dear Stuart,

Are you banned?? What's going on? And Saul of Tarsus did meet Jesus on his way to Damascus.

God Be With You!

Michael

Well, for people who do not believe that Jesus lived after his crucifixion (some don't even think he existed at all - I am not sure if Stuu is one), then such a claim would be seen as fallacious.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear noguru,

You would find some way to turn this back towards you. Nice try, but we Christians don't buy it, including you, saying you are a Christian. I wonder sometimes how Christian you really are?? I wouldn't want you as a Christian to watch my back. No WAY!!

God Help Us All,

Michael

noguru

Dear noguru,

You would find some way to turn this back towards you. Nice try, but we Christians don't buy it, including you, saying you are a Christian. I wonder sometimes how Christian you really are?? I wouldn't want you as a Christian to watch my back. No WAY!!

God Help Us All,

Michael

Michael, just because I can understand (and use to be one) the atheist/agnostic world view, does not mean that I am not now a Christian.

I am simply pointing out to you the array or beliefs out there. Because you seem to be ignorant of that.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear noguru,

Well, I'm glad you are a Christian, but I can see ideas you've carried over from being Atheist/Agnostic.

Much Love In Christ!!

Michael

alwight

Dear noguru,

Well, I'm glad you are a Christian, but I can see ideas you've carried over from being Atheist/Agnostic.

Much Love In Christ!!

Michael
Have you never had any atheistic doubts about Christianity Michael?
That's just a genuine enquiry btw I'm not trying to sway you. :plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.