Could Hugh Hefner & Donald Trump Be Homosexual?

Arthur Brain

Well he must have been gay, at the very least, during his sexual activity with his own gender.

But you say he isn't gay now.
So then... he became ungay?

You seem to be implying that it's possible for someone to change their sexual orientation.

Bi-curious perhaps but it seems pretty obvious that was short lived.

Arthur Brain

That's a strange response coming from you.

Why? It would seem the most likely explanation for those dalliances. He himself said it was an experiment long gone. Not something I've ever been remotely curious about but not everyone's the same are they?

Arthur Brain

So he was bisexual. And now he's not.

So... he changed his sexual orientation?

By the sounds of it he was curious, experimented and stopped. I think his history and lifestyle shows which gender he's into. Not sure that curiosity is the same as being bi exactly either though never being curious myself then hey.

musterion

Why? It would seem the most likely explanation for those dalliances.

That's the problem. Sometime back I confessed here to having been very briefly tempted in college, before I was a Christian, to allow a homosexual to perform oral sex on me as he'd offered. I declined and it never happened, and since being saved I am viscerally repulsed at the idea.

However, that did not stop YOU from childishly insisting at EVERY opportunity FOR MONTHS that, because of this one incident, I must still be at least bisexual because people's sexuality -- YOU SAID -- never changes. There are members here who will recall you doing this.

So your current position in response to Jester is the complete opposite of what you insisted was the case for me. That means either you were lying then or that you are lying now.

Arthur Brain

That's the problem. Sometime back I confessed here to having been very briefly tempted in college, before I was a Christian, to allow a homosexual to perform oral sex on me as he'd offered. I declined and it never happened, and since being saved I am viscerally repulsed at the idea.

However, that did not stop YOU from childishly insisting at EVERY opportunity FOR MONTHS that, because of this one incident, I must still be at least bisexual because people's sexuality -- YOU SAID -- never changes. There are members here who will recall you doing this.

So your current position in response to Jester is the complete opposite of what you insisted was the case for me. That means either you were lying then or that you are lying now.

Actually Musty, if you recall yet further back you started acting like a complete child by posting stupid 'unconvinced' smiley's after asking me if I was straight and when I told you I was you kept dishonestly trying to goad by not taking my word for it. So get off that high horse dude. Now I might have jumped on it when you conceded you'd once been tempted and I might have gone overboard in turn, but you're not innocent in that exchange and don't pretend you were.

Oh, and I did not go around for months insisting that you must be bi-sexual either, else pull up quotes.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
...Sometime back I confessed here to having been very briefly tempted in college, before I was a Christian, to allow a homosexual to perform oral sex on me as he'd offered. I declined and it never happened, and since being saved I am viscerally repulsed at the idea.

That's a fascinating story that could be very helpful to those who harbor same sex desires.

I would like to use you as an example in my WHMBR! Part 4 thread if I may.

Since homosexual desires are not something that people are born with, what environmental factor(s) created those unnatural desires in your life?

Provided you were able to overcome those unnatural desires, were you able to do it through prayer alone or did you need some professional psychological counseling as well?

Again, your confession can be helpful to others who are struggling with perverse sexual desires. I hope that as a follower Christ that you will help them with your testimony.

Lon

It's already settled in my mind Lon. Yes, attraction itself can simply be an impulse but it can also be more than that. Your argument seems to be that if someone is gay then they shouldn't act on any attraction to a person of the same gender because for you you consider it to be morally wrong. That's your opinion and you're obviously entitled to it but it's not one everyone shares.
Well, "Politics" but it is a Christian forum. At that point, there is no contest. For us, our faith does indeed enter our politics, hence TOL's existence.

glassjester

By the sounds of it he was curious, experimented and stopped. I think his history and lifestyle shows which gender he's into. Not sure that curiosity is the same as being bi exactly either though never being curious myself then hey.

Ok. So he had an attraction toward men (or at least one man).

Now he doesn't?

glassjester

Ask him yourself dude. One things evident, he didn't "train" himself...

All I've been saying is that sexual orientation, as an innate and fixed attribute, does not exist.
Hefner's type of experience, which is (sadly) probably not that unusual, seems to support my claim.