Christian Kids in the Public School

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Public schools...?

Aren't those the places where God isn't allowed to be mentioned and kids can't pray and they teach kids that we evolved from monkeys and girls are consistently harrassed and sexually propositioned? And I think I remember most kids (even the ones calling themselves "Christian") Smoking pot and having sex in the bathrooms and stairways. And if I'm not mistaken, it's mandated in most schools that sex-ed teachers encourage kids to test out homosexuality and they pass out condoms and some of the teachers even give the kids some "hands on" practice of their own.

So what's the debate here? Someone is saying we should send our kids into the lion's den to preach the gospel? Sounds like someone is trying to justify having a BMW in the driveway instead of having a parent stay home to teach their child in a loving home alongside friends and family.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That was a JOKE.
Yes, a bad joke that you should have said you were sorry for.

Are you so steeped in hatred that you cannot see beyond the end of your nose?
Ah, no. I don't have a particular hatred for you. But you sure don't budge from a bad idea, even a small one, and end up incurring a good amount of ill will. This thread could have been peaceful if you had only tried listening instead of going off with all your hatred, anger, pride, and down-right stupidity.

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
:darwinsm: And PJ calls me a metal midget. Hey, PJ, if this is indicative of how well your kids think too, I'm not sure you want to be so quick to tell everyone how great their education was.
I've been very Christ-like. Rebuking and making fun of a fool like you will get me a commendation from Christ. But I have to admit, the hate and pride you've demonstrated this thread might be good enough to get a mention on judgment day. But I'm not sure, maybe you are worse than this in real life.

Flat out question: What kind of an un-Christian JERK asks a father if he taught his kids to roll joints and put on condoms? What kind of a STUPID JERK does that?

The answer is: YOU.

Maybe the better question is: WHY?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Find me one decent, intelligent thing that yorzhik has posted on this thread. One thing.
Here's a couple: "Academically? Who cares academically! Homeschoolers are easily better people, and despite your claim, happen to also be better academically, too."

"This post paints with a broad brush. The words you use are the same as the words used by people that hate homeschoolers. How are we to tell the difference? Just ask you?"

Of course, I suppose you would consider his accusing me of teaching my kids to roll joints and put on condemns a "christian" thing to do... Christlike, indeed.
Actually, I didn't accuse you of teaching your kids those things, I asked if it was you that taught them or someone else. It might not have been you, although I showed why I had my suspicions that it was you.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Flat out question: What kind of an un-Christian JERK asks a father if he taught his kids to roll joints and put on condoms? What kind of a STUPID JERK does that?

The answer is: YOU.

Maybe the better question is: WHY?
What a hateful mean un-Christian thing to say.

hypocrite

PKevman

IF you honestly suspected that an oral sex movie was being shown to 5th Graders, it was your MORAL and LEGAL obligation to report it. And you didn't, did you?
Why not?

A teacher showing oral sex "how-to" videos to 5th graders would be fired and prosecuted. No question. But you didn't pursue it, did you?
Why not?

Do you know that you, as a "pastor" are considered, by law, a "mandatory reporter"? Do you know what a mandatory reporter is?

There are only three things possible here:
1. You don't know your moral and legal obligation as a mandatory reporter.
2. You NEGLECTED your moral and legal obligation as a mandatory reporter.
3. You know, deep in your heart, that it's not true.

I suspect the 3rd.

Concerning this supposed requirement that public schools "teach & preach Jesus"... Did you not read what I just wrote? And who decided that a public school has to teach Jesus in order for it to be a good school?

Parson, I wasn't a pastor at the time this happened. However, I was not the least surprised that this happened, because it happens all the time in public schools. It's called "sex education". They were doing what is done in public schools all over our country. Who would I report it to that would make a difference? You think the school's aren't aware of what is happening in their own classrooms? You think the schools don't endorse "sex education"?

This whole thing is just your attempt to take the focus away from the real issues of this thread. I spoke about an incident that happened with some friends of ours, and we were very sad that they didn't pull their kids out of the schools, but we can't make that decision for them. All you can do to respond is say I'm making it up. Nice. How about you offer proof that I am making it up? That the conversation did not take place? And what in the world would be my motive if you go back and read the post that I shared that story in? You best stop making your false accusations dude. Your ship is sinking fast.

So far you have intimated that either I am lying or the boy himself was lying. This is done of course because to admit it might happen destroys the picture you are attempting to paint of our wonderful God-honoring public schools.

PKevman

Parson you subtly twisted what I said and described it as an "oral sex movie". What I said was the kid saw a video in sex-ed class that explained ABOUT oral sex. Not that I think either is right, but make sure to get your facts straight dude.

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
What a hateful mean un-Christian thing to say.

hypocrite
You're dodging the questions, aren't you?

YOU are a NASTY JERK that accused me of teaching my kids to roll joints and put on condoms.

You might as well admit it. It's there for everyone to see.

Yes indeed, how very CHRISTIAN of you.

Nomad

Public schools...?

Aren't those the places where God isn't allowed to be mentioned
No...
and kids can't pray
nope
and they teach kids that we evolved from monkeys
My school skipped over that

and girls are consistently harrassed and sexually propositioned?
not from what I've seen
And I think I remember most kids (even the ones calling themselves "Christian") Smoking pot and having sex in the bathrooms and stairways.
I traversed my schools stairways and used its bathrooms often and saw none of the like...
And if I'm not mistaken, it's mandated in most schools that sex-ed teachers encourage kids to test out homosexuality and they pass out condoms and some of the teachers even give the kids some "hands on" practice of their own.
Our sex-ed teacher was a local church leader showed us ugly photos and encouraged absitnence
So what's the debate here? Someone is saying we should send our kids into the lion's den to preach the gospel? Sounds like someone is trying to justify having a BMW in the driveway instead of having a parent stay home to teach their child in a loving home alongside friends and family.
Oh I wish I had a BMW, though I'm currently glad I don't have kids, which might surprise some, considering that I went to a public school :p No, what the public sticking up for the public school are saying is that it is a viable alternative that does not mean that you love your kids any less or that you are consigning them to the fires of hell. As well, that a Christian can be firm in their walk with God and in a public school at the same time, and also that home schoolers test well and might generally be 'better' kids for more influencial reasons than their place of education. At least that's what I've said.

Oh, and hopefully a general correction of these stereotypes that many have built up and an attempt not to generalize on either side (hopefully)

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
Parson you subtly twisted what I said and described it as an "oral sex movie". What I said was the kid saw a video in sex-ed class that explained ABOUT oral sex. Not that I think either is right, but make sure to get your facts straight dude.

This is what you wrote - a direct quote:
One night when we had them over for dinner, the mom was telling us about how her 5th grade son came home from school, and explained to her that he had watched a video in school that day explaining explicitly how to give and receive oral sex.

Once again, IF this was true - which I highly doubt - the teacher would be fired and prosecuted.

So... you either don't understand your role as a mandatory reporter, or you FAILED your job as a mandatory reporter, or the whole thing is a lie.

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
Parson, I wasn't a pastor at the time this happened. However, I was not the least surprised that this happened, because it happens all the time in public schools. It's called "sex education". They were doing what is done in public schools all over our country. Who would I report it to that would make a difference? You think the school's aren't aware of what is happening in their own classrooms? You think the schools don't endorse "sex education"?
This "happens all the time in public school"? How do you know that? Do you have any evidence of that - or are you just making things up again?

This whole thing is just your attempt to take the focus away from the real issues of this thread.
Nope, not at all.
You have been caught being dishonest. Again.

I spoke about an incident that happened with some friends of ours, and we were very sad that they didn't pull their kids out of the schools, but we can't make that decision for them. All you can do to respond is say I'm making it up. Nice. How about you offer proof that I am making it up?
I'm not the one making the accusation. That would be you.

That the conversation did not take place? And what in the world would be my motive if you go back and read the post that I shared that story in? You best stop making your false accusations dude. Your ship is sinking fast.
You're making things up, and telling slanderous stories - that clearly are not true (the movie about oral sex) in order to slander the public school system.
Are you NOT even feeling ANY remorse or guilt?

So far you have intimated that either I am lying or the boy himself was lying. This is done of course because to admit it might happen destroys the picture you are attempting to paint of our wonderful God-honoring public schools.
I'm not trying to paint a picture of a "God-honoring public school".
I'm pointing out something that is obviously slanderous and dishonest.

When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is stop digging.

PKevman

parsonjefferson said:
This "happens all the time in public school"? How do you know that? Do you have any evidence of that - or are you just making things up again?

I went to public schools Jeff. I saw the same type of videos in the 6th grade and earlier. The ones my classmates and I all laughed at. Your attempt to paint me as a liar is looking even worse on you.

PKevman

parsonjefferson said:
You're making things up, and telling slanderous stories - that clearly are not true (the movie about oral sex) in order to slander the public school system.
Are you NOT even feeling ANY remorse or guilt?

Remorse and guilt over describing a true incident? Are you feeling remorse or guilt over falsely accusing me of lying? Hypocrite!

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
Remorse and guilt over describing a true incident? Are you feeling remorse or guilt over falsely accusing me of lying? Hypocrite!

You should just stop digging your hole.

You told a tall tale, as an attempt to further slander public schools, and you got called out on it.

That's all that has happened.

What you did was no different than if I had said, "I saw a homeschooler rape his daughter once" in an attempt to slander homeschoolers.

The difference is, I wouldn't say something like that. And I wouldn't accuse you of teaching your kids to roll joints and put on condoms...

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
:yawn:

Come on guys, this isn't about homeschooling vs public school anymore..

And PJ, you call it slander, we call it reality...

PKevman

Parson,

I wonder if the folks in your church would be shocked to find their pastor saying that the best part of a movie was a woman running around topless?

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
Parson,

I wonder if the folks in your church would be shocked to find their pastor saying that the best part of a movie was a woman running around topless?

It was a JOKE. And no, they wouldn't be shocked, nor would they be appalled. They would say, "Yeah, that was a stupid, slutty movie."

I wonder if the folks in your church would be appalled by what you continue to write on this thread? Would they be surprised that you openly slander public schools? That you belittle people whose kids are in public school, telling them that YOU love your kids more than them? Would they be pleased that you defend somebody who accused me of teaching my kids to roll joints and put on condoms? Would they be a little surprised that you know so much about a 17-year old girl here?

PKevman

parsonjefferson said:
You should just stop digging your hole.

The only person digging a hole here is you.

You told a tall tale, as an attempt to further slander public schools, and you got called out on it.

I told a true story of a conversation my wife and I had with some friends of ours and how we saw their family go down hill once they put their kids in public schools. Sorry if hearing that upset you so much that you have to try to make it look like I made it up. My wife heard the same conversation and could verify it, as if I needed another word. You have offered no proof that I was lying, but you are condeming me as a liar. Interesting.

That's all that has happened.

Wrong. So much more has happened. How about getting yourself back on topic. Slinging around these silly insults isn't getting anyone anywhere.

What you did was no different than if I had said, "I saw a homeschooler rape his daughter once" in an attempt to slander homeschoolers.

It would be different because you would have made that up in your hypothetical.

The difference is, I wouldn't say something like that. And I wouldn't accuse you of teaching your kids to roll joints and put on condoms...

I said nothing about your kids and joints and condoms. That is between you and Yorzhik. Learn to split apart your accusations to the appropriate ones you are accusing. Better yet, stop accusing and discuss the issue.