Can Anyone Explain 'Why gay marriage?'

Lon

It may come as a surprise to the OP, but time spent engaged in sex, regular or otherwise, is a small fraction of married life!

Up until relatively recently, "gays" could not engage in sex within marriage because such unions were not recognized by the state!
Different concern. Defining marriage is a need. The state, actually cannot marry anybody 'if' marriage is defined as an act of God. My largest problem with the state, is that it has no business marrying or granting marriage to anybody. It rather, has the ability to draw up and bind legal contracts and ensure estates go where they want them. Obama and the court system made a mistake in trying to 'redefine' marriage. They cannot.

The government cannot force Churches to perform or recognize "gay marriage", based on the separation of Church and State.

Based on that same principle, however, the Church is not entitled to determine the only definition of "marriage" within a secular society!

The government should always have called it civil or legal union. It had no business trying to make a godly or holy union. At one time it was okay, because everybody meant the same thing and coming to America, was about becoming JudeoChristian as well. Instead of declaring equal marriage, the Courts should have just said "Civil or Legal Union."

glassjester

I can talk and reason with GlassJester over our huge disagreement. 2 Corinthians 6:14

Indeed.

1 Corinthians 7:14 - For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

kiwimacahau

What the perverts in Sodom actually did according to scripture was attempt to rape the 2 angels that went to Lot's house, and if you actually read the event in scripture Lot offered to send his daughters out to the perverts in Sodom to stop them from raping the 2 angels that appeared to Lot as men.

Gen 19:5
And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

The old English "that we may know them" means that we can have sex with them.

Which has nothing to do with gay sex.

Here is Ezekiel and Jesus have to say:

Ezekiel 16: 49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Jesus: Matthew 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Mark: 10 And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place.
11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Lon

Indeed.

1 Corinthians 7:14 - For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
Yes, so "no" do not marry an unbeliever, but yes, if he/she is willing to stay, stay married atf.

Lon

Ezekiel 16: 49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Convenient: Ezekiel 16:50 They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it.

Jesus: Matthew 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Yes, sin is the outworking of the soul. Even in Ezekiel, the house of Israel was worse than that of the abomination.
Let's think: Murder? Is that worse than homosexuality? Yep. How about destroying another's home? Yeah, it is probably worse.
How about harboring unrepentant murderers, practicing thieves, and blatant homosexuals in our church? 1 Corinthians 5:13 :think:

Mark: 10 And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place.
11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

When one rejects God and His messengers, they are worse than Sodom and Gomorrah. :think: So, is it worse to rape someone, or not let them in your house? Kind of depends on the context: I'd surely rather be on the street and take my chances as opposed to being raped. I can climb a tree, even among murderers. Neither is acceptable. Just because one is 'more tolerable' on the day of judgement, imho, doesn't make it 'not atrocious.' You are thinking 'more tolerable' is a noble trait??? :jawdrop: I can see why you have me on ignore. You don't like questions that make you have to think :(

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Lifestyle is a nasty little word that is tossed out to trivialize gays and lesbians. When you yammer of about "lifestyle" you are saying that it isn't an intrinsic part of a person’s identity but it's just a habit. So why would anyone want to demean others like this? Hate.

No. Its a call to repentance. A sinful lifestyle is one that rejects God, practicing homosexuals (the ones who have gay sex) aren't alone in it.

You just say its nasty to say so, because you think you can guilt others into your will. That only works with liberals.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
According to both Jesus and Ezekiel, the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was inhsopitality.

You left off the books of Jude and Peter which talk about the sexual immorality in Sodom and Gomorrah. Again you show your lack of scriptural knowledge and you admitted earlier its your own view when asked for scripture on what you claim, you cannot provide it. Repent and be saved.

Worship the Lord in Spirit and Truth, not the whims of the deceitful heart and ways of the world. Time is short.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes or no - are there people whose way of living you disapprove of?

EJhFlKz.jpg

dodge

Like most who follow men and not God your reasoning or lack thereof is worldly.

Jde 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

MrDante

Injustice is unloving.

Which homosexual person did I treat unlovingly?

Was it the one who I lived in a religious community with for a year? Was it my best friend's brother? Was it my cousin?

Which of those homosexuals in my life have I treated unlovingly?

It is truely fascinating watching you twist and distort

MrDante

Lev 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

To believe God ever condoned SSM is evil on its face and shows the ones taking that position do not know God.

and you parents still only got married because of thier lusts.

MrDante

No. Its a call to repentance. A sinful lifestyle is one that rejects God, practicing homosexuals (the ones who have gay sex) aren't alone in it.

You just say its nasty to say so, because you think you can guilt others into your will. That only works with liberals.

Calling hate nasty is just the truth.

Lon

Says the "father" who cannot give a defense for the hope that is(?) in Him?

Ill pass on even worrying about your discernment. What you think of me personally has no bearing on this discussion

Let me know when you have any rational defense/apologia of your position.

Worse, he called ▼THIS▼
Yep, and NO instructions for any other kinds of relationships THAN the one's He set up, including 'brotherly' (and sisterly) love in the Church. IOW, not anything but family contexts for intimacy. The other, frankly isn't. It is looking for self-fulfillment in another rather than seeking their highest good. My definition of Agape~ Love: Unselfishly committed/desiring another's highest good. Knowing I'm damaging you, and worse, for my own self-interest, is beneath our high and pure calling in Christ. It is simply a 'mutuality club' at that point where as-long-as-it is good for me, it might not matter if it isn't mutually edifying even.
hooey :doh:

Ray and Eider are on record for loving self and self-interest over even ▲this▲ they call 'hooey' (slang term for....) :plain: