Can Anyone Explain 'Why gay marriage?'

eider

What is worse, having a 'reason' for a big-head or having no right to one?
My head is VERY small next to my Lord God and Savior. Pride comes before a fall BUT it requires that one is falsely assessing their ability.
So far, I've simply said you are not my peer and you are not spiritually in any position to compare yourself to another. Sorry, fact.

I respect GJ but am not a Catholic. I disagree on about 10% of doctrines, including being unequally yoked with an unbeliever. You? You've shown you eschew Paul. I can talk and reason with GlassJester over our huge disagreement. 2 Corinthians 6:14

I would be grateful if you could answer the following questions, all initiated from another member's recent post:

John 14:6 HOWEVER, many have come to Him that could not read. Understand 'Christianity?' Awkward question.

2 Corinthians 6:14 1 Corinthians 7:1-15 Yeah, No!

No, rather the one who has less needs to study more and not try and teach (education isn't his/her spiritual gift).
The real question is this: Can any man or woman know God without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and becoming a new creation? :nono:
1 Corinthians 2:14 Philippians3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh— 4 though I myself have reasons for such confidence.
If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5 circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; 6 as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.
7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

Another Saturday night rant!
Look, Lon....... it's OK.
You're a very Holy person.
I get that.
You're cleverer, know more, of higher IQ, and more certain of Heaven...... than me.

Now...... relax. :)

kiwimacahau

Like most who follow men and not God your reasoning or lack thereof is worldly.

Jde 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

In Greek 'Strange Flesh' is "Sarkos Heteros" from which we get 'heterosexual' and refers to a legend that the WOMEN of Sodom were lusting after the angels.You need to be careful with Jude as he quotes Hebrew legends in his writing. More to the point, it is the Jews that define Sodom's sin as inhospitality, I have far more faith in their exegesis than yours.

eider

That's it? Someone tells you 'know the Lord!' and you disdain it? :think: We all need to be following Him, I'm just telling you that you are trying to give advice and correct a marathoner. You aren't there. Don't be audacious in your own big head. I met yours long before you met mine.

Lon...... your last few posts have reminded me of a man who tramps around Canterbury, raging about everybody, their sin, their mammon, their ignorance of the Lord, and as he wanders into the distance, flinging his arms aboput and raging all the more..... I feel such sorrow for him.

All your insults, Lon...... Maybe I am a mirror, reflecting yourself back to you?

eider

You didn't answer at all, Eider.
You're still describing what is, and not what ought to be.

Why should the marriage of two brothers be illegal?

Glassjester, you, who obfuscate so shrewdly, moaning at me... really! :)
Neither sisters, nor brothers, ought not to marry, in any combination, or any number.

But what I want to know is this. Why does the issue of incest have anything to do with Wendy and Marion, (or Michael and Dominic) who love each other, would die for each other, want to live together, love together.... and marry?

It doesn't matter how you try to manipulate incest into being good reason to outlaw ssm, you're not going to do it, are you?

eider

:nono: See? Your big head gets in the way first and has been an issue all thread. It is assertion without the means to back any of it up. Frankly, you can't. You liberals are anathema. False teachers.

Are you still upset?
Lon.... you got nailed because you're so stuck up with your cleverness, and devoutness.
And you've helped me to post my first three threads on forum, just when I am ready.

Please, just go and find peace, and you will be in humility, and won't feel the need to shout to the World how special you are.

eider

:crackup:

:rotfl:

I'm training to be a mirror-man. :D
It's all about angles, inclinations, declinations ..... and I'm rubbish at physics.
But when you get it right, and reflect their own selves back at them, what they see is not always what they imagined.
:chuckle:

eider

Give a scripture. Let's see if you are right. :think:

There is no place for hatred in a true Christian
JAMES 5:9 HEBREWS 3:8-15)

But Jesus had so much to say about love that there was no room to mention hatred .......
JOHN 15:9 1 JOHN 3:18 1 CORINTHIANS 14:1 1 TIMOTHY 6:11
2 TIMOTHY 2:22 1 PETER 4:8 ROMANS 12:9 1 CORINTHIANS 16:14
HEBREWS 10:24 1 JOHN 4:7-11 MATTHEW 5:43-44 LUKE 6:27-35)
1 PETER 2:22 COLOSSIANS 3:14 1 THESSALONIANS 5:8
MATTHEW 19:19 MATTHEW 22:39 MARK 12:31 LUKE 10:27
ROMANS 13:9 GALATIANS 5:14 ROMANS 13:8

A Christian filled with hate......... is not a Christian

eider

you have to ask for a scriptural reference for this. You are one sad little man.

Fair enough.
I collect verses about various subjects, so have offered a reply, but you're right, Jesus had only words for love, but there are two orders to abstain from hardened hearts and grudges, offered up as well.

All the Best

eider

Why not?

Remember, "because it's illegal" is not the reason that it should be illegal.

I think I've covered this Glassjester................
Remember...... before folks can marry in some countries, they have to give blood samples, don't they?
Now, Glassjester, even if a sterile brother wants to marry his sister he cannot...........
Even if a sterile brother wants to marry his brother he cannot.......

So now, Glassjester, if you would kindly explain why, then that would prove that you read and remembered my previous posts about this..... :chuckle:

..... and it cannot have any impact upon people in love having the right to 'SSM'

Glassjester........ why do you think that folks want to marry? There are a few good 'stand-alone' reasons, but can you 'clock 'em all'?
:chuckle:

dodge

In Greek 'Strange Flesh' is "Sarkos Heteros" from which we get 'heterosexual' and refers to a legend that the WOMEN of Sodom were lusting after the angels.You need to be careful with Jude as he quotes Hebrew legends in his writing. More to the point, it is the Jews that define Sodom's sin as inhospitality, I have far more faith in their exegesis than yours.

Why did you reverse the order " IN Greek it is heteros sarx ? When you compare Jude to the actual event you see the men of Sodom saying"send the men out to us so we can have sex with them" !

The men of Sodom lusted after the two men (angels) who Lot had brought into his home.

Reactions: Lon