boycott the NFL

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
charlottesville-cartoon-luckovich.jpg

Trump wasn't saying that KKK members and Nazis were fine people.

Just where are these "fine people" to whom the President is referring - for those who made a conscious decision to march with the white supremacists, the KKK and the neo-Nazis in Charlotteville, how does "The Donald" distinguish between the "fine" people and the "no so fine?"

When you appoint the likes of a Bannon, Miller and Gorka as your advisors in the White House, it doesn't take "rocket science" to determine as to where the true sentiments of this President lie!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Trump wasn't saying that KKK members and Nazis were fine people.
He should have said there were fine people being used by them, people who disagreed on the removal of monuments without sharing the sentiment or agenda of those Nazis, KKK members, and general alt right hangers on.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trump would be proud of your posts.
I hope so.

The left politicizes everything these days, and uphold folks that most of Americans do not.
When 85% of the American people polled said they were not pleased with Kapernick, but he is deemed Citizen of the year, you know it's slanted.
The same with the Oscar awards.
The Handmaid's Tale, give me a break.
They once again put their own slant on it because of the political content of it.
Everyone knows that Westworld was much more well received by the public.
More watched it, and if the public had to choose if one of those two shows had to be cancelled so the other could stay, the public vote for WestWorld would win out hands down.
The left is driven by their own political agenda, not driven by what the public wants.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
web-59a0b2c13c809.jpg

He should have said there were fine people being used by them, people who disagreed on the removal of monuments without sharing the sentiment or agenda of those Nazis, KKK members, and general alt right hangers on.

Right, Trump could have spoken more clearly. But well, it's Trump. :plain:

"The Donald" has told us repeatedly about his high IQ and that he has attended all the best schools

In addition, Trump is surrounded by a stable of advisors and speech writers in the White House, who are more than capable of crafting a speech that accurately reflects the President's sentiments!

There is no excuse for this President not expressing himself clearly and there is nothing presenting him from revisiting prior comments to ensure that there are no misunderstandings.

The fact that Trump has never attempted to articulate as to which group(s) that participated in the Charlotteville marches were composed of "fine people" strongly suggests that he had chosen to be deliberately vague, thereby sidestepping a direct condemnation of the white supremacists, KKK and neo-Nazis!

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
GQ is a leftist liberal cesspool.

I never read GQ so I don't know much about them. I'm interested to see who got this award in the past. I did a brief search and wasn't able to find anything. I'm generally supportive of Kapernick and the overall protests but giving him this award feels a bit gimicky without knowing more context and the history of it. Maybe their main focus was the general BLM movement but since there isn't a primary leader they used Kapernick as the focus.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ial-justice-organizations-partnership-players
Players debating NFL's proposed donation to social justice organizations

In an unprecedented move for a major professional sports league, the NFL has proposed partnering with its players to effect social justice change, though not all players are in agreement on the proposal.

On Monday, the league submitted to players the final draft of a proposal that, according to documents reviewed by ESPN, would contribute nearly $100 million to causes considered important to African-American communities. The NFL hopes this effort will effectively end the peaceful-yet-controversial movement that former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick started when he refused to stand for the national anthem last season.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ial-justice-organizations-partnership-players
Players debating NFL's proposed donation to social justice organizations

In an unprecedented move for a major professional sports league, the NFL has proposed partnering with its players to effect social justice change, though not all players are in agreement on the proposal.

On Monday, the league submitted to players the final draft of a proposal that, according to documents reviewed by ESPN, would contribute nearly $100 million to causes considered important to African-American communities. The NFL hopes this effort will effectively end the peaceful-yet-controversial movement that former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick started when he refused to stand for the national anthem last season.
They will only see that their disrespect got results. They will want more and more, meaning more disrespect.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
They will only see that their disrespect got results. They will want more and more, meaning more disrespect.

I disagree with your post but I do wonder if some other players will be angry or jealous or bitter that the league is responding to the protests by giving a ton of money for black social justice issues and want the league to be as generous to their own causes.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I disagree with your post but I do wonder if some other players will be angry or jealous or bitter that the league is responding to the protests by giving a ton of money for black social justice issues and want the league to be as generous to their own causes.

The fact that fewer and fewer tickets are being sold for lower and lower prices and i see even more of happening when people see what their money will be paying for, will say it all.