• s9s27s54

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pilgrimagain

roflmbo.

Dennis I like your example. Another is the example of "the voice crying in the wilderness."

The OT reads this way "The voice of one crying, "In the wilderness prepare the way."

The NT reads "The voice of one crying in the wilderness, "Prepare the way."

There is a real difference there and the issues you raise apply there as well.

Redeemed

Originally posted by Ian Day

At the job interview:
Q. What is your name?
A. I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest.
Q. What [is] thy name?
A. My name [is] Legion: for we are many.
HIRE THAT MAN! We'll put him in the PR department!!

CRC_FChristian

Originally posted by ATAT
Which version of the King James? They've changed it over the years to reflect more modern English. I don't mean the 'New' KJV, rather, the original KJ version has some changes from the current 'KJV" text.

I think they have an 'original' photostat of the 1600's version you can buy.

There's a point of contention I use the 'original' KJV to prove something about Dan 9, they had a semi-colon ; which has been replaced to blur the seperation between the 7 and the 62 (not relevant here, but the change made a difference to more than just 'modernizing' the book).

Yeah lets use a real bible like the newer translations. They should be much easier to understand since they leave out so much text ;)...

The King James Bible from 1611 has never been revised. However, several editions came out only to correct spelling errors.

I tell you what all who use newer translations, just keep using them. Once we get to heaven God will let us know if were right about the decision to use these newer translations.

Romans 1:
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

...and...

1 Corinthians 1:
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty

s9s27s54

Originally posted by CRC_FChristian

I tell you what all who use newer translations, just keep using them. Once we get to heaven God will let us know if were right about the decision to use these newer translations.

Why wait? Why not ask Him now? :confused:

P

Pilgrimagain

nice crc. but tell me, what if the 1611 was wrong from the get go. then your never been revised argument fails on every point.

themuzicman

If that's s9's close, Jaltus can drop doing the bottom of the 9th, since he's still up about 15 points.

s9 failed to address any of the salient points that Jaltus brought up on the topic, and even failed to make this about the verasity of the Catholic church.

It's pretty clear to anyone who read the debate that the KJV is not only not inspired, it is at best only on par with most of the more modern translations.

Michael

P

Pilgrimagain

I still can't help but think that people are confusing "inspired" with "inerrant."

Explosived

Always correct the Greek with the English!

Always correct the Greek with the English!

If God preserves His words how can they be "wrong"?

Faith in final authority is always the issue.

rbisback

"Only real Bible in English" is what I have a problem with.

I on the other hand have no problem believing that God gave us his perfect word in English.

rbisback

" It's pretty clear to anyone who read the debate that the KJV is not only not inspired, it is at best only on par with most of the more modern translations."

Uh, NO, I explained in an earlier post why this conclusion is wrong. Just because a debate is won by a better debater does not mean that a point was made, esp. concerning Spiritual matters. All it proves is that a novice lost the battle to a pro. Since Jaltus is useing a corrupted text, no matter how he tries to, he cannot prove that the King James is not inerrent nor inspired to be so by God. It is a matter of FAITH.

Jaltus

rbisback,

First off, you are posting in the wrong thread about wanting an apology from me. Secondly, I clearly demonstrated that the fault was in fact your own.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Just because a debate is won by a better debater does not mean that a point was made, esp. concerning Spiritual matters. All it proves is that a novice lost the battle to a pro.

Yes, and Jaltus made that very point in his comments on the BRIII thread. However, most people certainly do not vote that way as I have learned. So that point is very true, but in this case, I believe that not only did Jaltus simply win the debate, he is in fact right.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Oh and Jaltus has the fortitude to vote for the better debater even when he absolutely disagrees with their position.

D

Dee Dee Warren

S9 - you can email me as well if you need any help with VB coding. I found it very confusing in the beginning as well and may be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.