Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragTagblues

Knight,

How do I go about getting a one on one with Nehmiah?

I want to be in a position to pin him down in one thread rather then having to jump from thread to thread trying to track him down for answers to questions.

Also how do you put a link in a post?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I search for my username and "show threads" this thread doesn't appear even though I've posted in it - Christian Kids in the Public School

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Where is my first post? I need the evidence to show that I am speaking the truth when I tell people I didn't originally believe what I now do, when I first came to TOL.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where is my first post? I need the evidence to show that I am speaking the truth when I tell people I didn't originally believe what I now do, when I first came to TOL.
Maybe it was pruned. 1,000,000's of posts have been pruned over the last few years.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Maybe it was pruned. 1,000,000's of posts have been pruned over the last few years.
I figured as much. And it seems that the earliest recorded post I now have is well after I changed. So now I have no proof to back up my statements, except the word of those who were present at the time.

macguy

Is it just me, or is the upside down triangle in the Latest Post section not directing at the right page? Oh, and do you plan on adding a Youtube button to the Quick reply Knight? I wonder if the "advanced" editing will ever become defunct.

sentientsynth

Yo Knight. You know what I think would be an an awesome TOL feature? A "View My Posts" link that appears in "Quick Links" after you log in. Many times I'm forced to either subscribe to threads (which I hate doing) or clicking on my own name in the "who's logged in" field at the bottom of the screen and then searching for all my posts. I think it would be an easy way of keeping track of what discussions we're involved in and would be a slight improvement to an allready awesome TOL layout.

Maybe there's something similar to this, and I've just not found it?

csuguy

I've noticed that when you first login, a lot of the links, like 'Active' don't appear. I have to click home to get em to appear.

I also agree with the above post. You should have, at least as a section in the User Control Panel, a easy way to access old threads/posts you've made.

sentientsynth

You should have, at least as a section in the User Control Panel, a easy way to access old threads/posts you've made.
Well, we're in no position to declare what we "should" have, in my opinion. It's not hard to click on your own username and then search for your posts. But I think that having such a button in the "Quick Links" or wherever would be just one more little thing that makes TOL awesome.

The folks at forums.gentoo.org have this function. That's what prompted my request. :)

csuguy

Well, we're in no position to declare what we "should" have, in my opinion. It's not hard to click on your own username and then search for your posts. But I think that having such a button in the "Quick Links" or wherever would be just one more little thing that makes TOL awesome.

The folks at forums.gentoo.org have this function. That's what prompted my request. :)

I didn't mean it as a command :rolleyes:

sentientsynth

I know that. But you're approaching this like it's something you're entitled to. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's how it came across. :)

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The search function could be improved or I am ignorant in its use. When I want to find a post I have made with a specific phase in that post I use advanced search. It returns a list of threads with no means of identifying my specific post. I have to troll through page after page of said thread to locate the actual post. Am I missing something?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The search function could be improved or I am ignorant in its use. When I want to find a post I have made with a specific phase in that post I use advanced search. It returns a list of threads with no means of identifying my specific post. I have to troll through page after page of said thread to locate the actual post. Am I missing something?
In the advanced search.....
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/search.php

Select...
Show Results as: Posts

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yo kahua. How goes it.

Question: do you have a litmus test for the type of advertisements permitted on TOL? I ask because two seconds ago I noticed this:

Protect choice
Elect pro-choice Democratic women from statehouses to the White House
www.emilyslist.org

Made me scratch my head, is all. Is there a standard for the ads or is it pretty much come as you are?
:cheers:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yo kahua. How goes it.

Question: do you have a litmus test for the type of advertisements permitted on TOL? I ask because two seconds ago I noticed this:

Protect choice
Elect pro-choice Democratic women from statehouses to the White House
www.emilyslist.org

Made me scratch my head, is all. Is there a standard for the ads or is it pretty much come as you are?
:cheers:
Someone already "hipped" me to that ad. (thanks)

The ads are automatically fed by google based on the words that are on the thread therefore questionable ads are likely in certain threads.

I can block the ad (which I did with that one) and within a few hours the ad will not longer show in the rotation.

If anyone ever sees a ad that is inappropriate please email or PM me the URL of the ad (not the title of the ad but the web address) and I can add it to the "blocked" list.

Status
Not open for further replies.