Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Someone already "hipped" me to that ad. (thanks)

The ads are automatically fed by google based on the words that are on the thread therefore questionable ads are likely in certain threads.

I can block the ad (which I did with that one) and within a few hours the ad will not longer show in the rotation.

If anyone ever sees a ad that is inappropriate please email or PM me the URL of the ad (not the title of the ad but the web address) and I can add it to the "blocked" list.

Oh, cool. Thanks.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Hey Knight, how long do you think before we could talk Bob into doing another Battle Royal?

We need to have one on Dispensationalism vs. Covenant Theology, don't you think?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Knight, how long do you think before we could talk Bob into doing another Battle Royal?

We need to have one on Dispensationalism vs. Covenant Theology, don't you think?
Bob has already said he would love to do another Battle Royale. The topics he is interested in are abortion and a sequel to the Open Theism debate. The trick is getting a qualified opponent.

It seems most folks are too intimidated to take him on.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Bob has already said he would love to do another Battle Royale. The topics he is interested in are abortion and a sequel to the Open Theism debate. The trick is getting a qualified opponent.

Wouldn't the Dispensationalism vs Covenant Theology debate be a good sequel? It seems like the next logical step.

After he slammed dunked that one the next one would be Acts9 vs. Acts 2 (or any other form of) Dispensationalism.

Maybe some of us should go scouting other websites to see if we could find someone unfamiliar with Bob who knows his stuff well enough to offer a respectable defense of the Covenant Theology position.

csuguy

He interested in debating the trinity? :chuckle:

HistoryKid

Why not debate the Christian view of the War in Iraq and Afghanistan? Abortion is a tired subject, and Open Theism? The biggest problem that I see with both of those topics is that: 1. Abortion is a State to State issue, not a Federal matter and should be treated accordingly. 2. Open Theism is all in the heads of the people debating it, there is no forward progression in the argument.

But, if you got some Christian minds together, with a couple of Secular view points on important issues, like Executive Orders giving the President to take everyones cars and force them to do manual labor, or the prison camps that FEMA has set up across the country, those would be great debates. People who are all for the President having the power to do that, and the People, who think its a blaitant attack on their personal freedom and their Civil Liberties.

But, hey, thats just what I think.

History Kid

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Dr. Robert Rayburn wrote THIS and several other articles and seems quite qualified. Who knows whether he'd be willing though. I wouldn't even know how to approach the subject with him without sounding like a weirdo. Perhaps someone good at setting that sort of thing up could call him and see how he feels about debates.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, let's get one of those fancy journalists from a major magazine that published articles that defended the PBA ruling?

Jahdal

I have another one I forgot

I have another one I forgot

Is there a place where people of any religion can give their testimony?

Mystery

Okay, now I think I understand what they are for. :doh:

I just didn't have any, so I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.