ARCHIVE: The Apostle Pauls affirms that a Christian can sin.

Philetus

Sorry, that post was in 'Open letter"

Originally Posted by Philetus

Tell that to Hymenaeus and Philetus and Alexander.

2 Timothy 2:14-18
14 Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 who have wandered away from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some.

1 Timothy 1:18-20
18 This charge I commit to you, son Timothy, according to the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you may wage the good warfare, 19 having faith and a good conscience, which some having rejected, concerning the faith have suffered shipwreck, 20 of whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I delivered to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme.

My mistake.

elected4ever

Knight said:
And just what was the "implied request"? Please humor us weak Christians.

On a side note... I am soooooo happy I moved up from "going to hell" to being a "weak Christian" , yeah for me!!
:( It is indeed a bad day when even the big cheese can't read for content. Wasn't your mail anyway.

Philetus

Lighthouse said:
I have a will, Christ has a will. Only one can be at work in me at a time. My personality [sole personality] is sinful. Christ's is not. He identifies me with Himself, and therefore perceives not the sinful flesh [all of who I am apart from Him]. So I have decided to view myself the same way, through His eyes.

That's great!

Now, before you and Fred steal another ipod,( :chuckle: ) you might want to consider godrulz's advice:

Take responsibility for your own actions.

even if you don't swallow all his theology ... though a good dose might do you good.

Lighthouse, my brother (B), you have a good heart! And my only caution to you is that in this matter you might want to have your head follow your heart, because as a man thinks in his heart so is he. All I’m saying is that while you play with their ideas and even if you adopt some as your own, don’t catch their spirit. It causes nothing but dissention.

I said too much. I’ll bow out of this discussion for a while. It harms my spirit.

In love,
Philetus

elected4ever

Poly said:
I would think that you non-weak Christians would understand some of the basic stuff such as Jeffrey Dahmer did indeed have sin.
Jeffery Dahmer did not have life. He was just being his old dead self.

Newman

elected4ever said:
I never said that. You may have said it but I didn't. I may have agreed with your assessment of yourself but that was not my idea.
It doesn't seem like there is much of a difference... :plain:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
Jeffery Dahmer did not have life. He was just being his old dead self.

:sigh:

e4e, here's what it's like talking to you.

Poly: They chopped down that tree.

e4e: No, they cut threw a trunck and the tree fell down.

Poly: That's what I said.

e4e: No, you sayed they choped down that tree. They actualy cut threw a trunck cawsing which is the reeson why tree fell.

Poly: Ok, they cut through a trunk which caused a tree to fall. That's the same thing as saying it was chopped down.

e4e: Why do you keep focising on the tree being choped down why can't you not see that it fell becuse to the trunck being cut.

Poly: We are saying the same thing.

e4e: Is the tree still alive?

Poly: Uh, no. If it's been chopped down it can't be alive.

e4e: How can you say its not alive but won't can't beleeve that the trunck has been cut?

Poly: :freak:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:
:sigh:

e4e, here's what it's like talking to you.

Poly: They chopped down that tree.

e4e: No, they cut threw a trunck and the tree fell down.

Poly: That's what I said.

e4e: No, you sayed they choped down that tree. They actualy cut threw a trunck cawsing which is the reeson why tree fell.

Poly: Ok, they cut through a trunk which caused a tree to fall. That's the same thing as saying it was chopped down.

e4e: Why do you keep focising on the tree being choped down why can't you not see that it fell becuse to the trunck being cut.

Poly: We are saying the same thing.

e4e: Is the tree still alive?

Poly: Uh, no. If it's been chopped down it can't be alive.

e4e: How can you say its not alive but won't can't beleeve that the trunck has been cut?

Poly: :freak:
:rotfl:

:first:

POTD