ARCHIVE: The Apostle Pauls affirms that a Christian can sin.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Philetus said:
In Christ, God chooses to not count our sins against us nor any longer identify us by our sin.
Lighthouse, my friend, you are needlessly beating a dead elephant. :dead:
And you're needlessly identifying with dead flesh.:eek:

Anyway, I identify myself the way God does. I regard the flesh as dead, and the Spirit keeps me focused on Christ, so that I can follow His will, and not the will of my flesh.

Sozo

Lighthouse said:
I'm really beginning to think the English is not e4e's first language.

Hey, be nice. :chuckle:

His last post about Dahmer could use a little rephrasing. :confused:

Sozo

Lighthouse said:
If you think that was mean, you should have seen what I said a year or so ago.

If it was about the "two" gospels, I don't think I want to know. :noid:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
e4e believes......

Christians can sin in the flesh yet they do not identify with it.

Poly believes.....

e4e, would you agree with what I have down for what you believe? And if not would you reword the statement so that it clearly states what you believe, so that it can be shown exactly how we differ?

Also, did you mean to word this another way?

elected4ever said:
Jeffery Domer had no sin but Jeffery Domer was dead while he lived on earth.

Surely you're not suggesting that Jeffery Dahmer had no sin. I thought maybe it might have been a typo or maybe you were just in a hurry. At least I hope that's the case.

elected4ever

Poly said:
e4e believes......

Poly believes.....

e4e, would you agree with what I have down for what you believe? And if not would you reword the statement so that it clearly states what you believe, so that it can be shown exactly how we differ?

Also, did you mean to word this another way?

Surely you're not suggesting that Jeffery Dahmer had no sin. I thought maybe it might have been a typo or maybe you were just in a hurry. At least I hope that's the case.
I believe we can err as lone as we are in the body and this is what Paul was talking about. A different usage of the word sin. We do not oppose god but we do make mistakes.

As for as what I said about Dahmer is exactly what I meant. Why do you object to it?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
I believe we can err as lone as we are in the body and this is what Paul was talking about. A different usage of the word sin. We do not oppose god but we do make mistakes.

So what you are saying is, Christians can sin in the flesh yet they don't identify with it.

elected4ever said:
As for as what I said about Dahmer is exactly what I meant. Why do you object to it?

I object to anybody stating that Jeffrey Dahmer had no sin.

elected4ever

Poly said:
So what you are saying is, Christians can sin in the flesh yet they don't identify with it.

I object to anybody stating that Jeffrey Dahmer had no sin.
Jeffery Dahmer was dead. Jeffery Dahmer went to hell because he had not received life. That is what salvation is. Life from the dead.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
Jeffery Dahmer was dead. Jeffery Dahmer went to hell because he had not received life. That is what salvation is. Life from the dead.
So, did he have sin or not?

elected4ever

kmoney said:
So, did he have sin or not?
How could he have sin if there is no law to convict him of sin? The law is dead. Jesus died for all sin. Was Jeffery Dahmer left out?
Jeffery Dahmer was born into the death of all humans, just like you and me. Jesus came to give life from the dead. Salvation is life from the dead.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
How could he have sin if there is no law to convict him of sin? The law is dead. Jesus died for all sin. Was Jeffery Dahmer left out?
Jeffery Dahmer was born into the death of all humans, just like you and me. Jesus came to give life from the dead. Salvation is life from the dead.

Whoa, I think this needs to get straightened out. Jesus died for all? Yes. Do all accept him? No.

Those that do not, die in their sins. You agree with this right? I mean you're not suggesting that salvation is for every single person even if they are God hating rapists, murderers, child molesters, etc., regardless of whether they accept Christ, right?

I really ask this earnestly, e4e. We may (according to you) disagree about whether we sin and exactly what that might mean but if you believe stuff like Dahmer had no sin and all have life, rather than all have opportunity to accept it, hen I'm probably going to wish we were just back to supposedly disagreeing about whether a Christian can sin.

Sozo

Briefly...

The sin issue between God and man was dealt with Once and for ALL at the cross.

Man's problem is not sin, but the wages of that sin, which is death. Man needs life.

Jesus reconciled the world unto God, but forgiveness of sins is not salvation. We are saved by His life, and His death makes that possible.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sozo said:
Briefly...

The sin issue between God and man was dealt with Once and for ALL at the cross.

Man's problem is not sin, but the wages of that sin, which is death. Man needs life.

Jesus reconciled the world unto God, but forgiveness of sins is not salvation. We are saved by His life, and His death makes that possible.
Ahhhh I see.... so you are saying its not just Christians that can't sin? It's everyone???

Is that what you are saying? :confused:

Sozo

Nope.

Everything is resolved in Him.

Unless someone is in Him, then they have no redemption, no forgiveness, no righteousness, no life.

Last edited:

elected4ever

The law is no longer the standard. Jesus is the standard. You are like Christ is or you remain in death. If you wont to call not being like Christ is, sin, then be my guest. One thing is for sure, if you are not as Christ is you have missed the mark for life.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
Knight-
Does God see your sin?

God is not blind nor is He mocked. If He is omniscient and omnipresent, even in Open Theism terms, He sees and knows all.

God does not forget sins that you, the devil, your buddy, etc. sees and remembers. The idea of God 'forgetting' sin is that He choses to not bring it up again based on a substitute for the penalty of sin. In justification, He legally treats us just as if we never sinned, based on the work of the cross that satisfies love and holiness. Sanctification works actual righteousness into our lives, not just forensic or legal justification.

To think that God could see King David's sin, but could not see the sins of NT believers is dispensationalism gone awry undermining explicit revelation of who God is and His ways.