Appeal to the Moderators: TOL is for Dialogue? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

Bigotry over color is nothing more than one more expression of each our tendency to be bigots about one thing or another.

The sooner we each awaken to this self-evident duplicity, the sooner we at least begin to free ourselves a bit from our own tendency.

Reminds me of that funny YouTube video where the little boy and the little girl are arguing and the little girl; in a condescending bid for power all of a sudden yells "I'm four!" as she holds up her four precious little fingers.

"YOU are NOT Four! I'M FOUR!"

At which point the little boy says "Quit b#$!..in!" :rotfl:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Yes, she is, but she has horrible reading comprehension skills, so I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, twister is her middle name and lying is her game.

Again, I'd really prefer if you, Ok_dozer, etc. were a bit nicer to her. :idunno:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
AnnaBenedetti is really good at using TOL's search function. :plain:

Yeah, it's called digging up old bones.

Not an admirable quality.

One thing I can't get over is how these few fit the bill so much on certain stereotypes of women- despite the subject matter being about women :chuckle:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
With all due respect:

What you've said ultimately comes down to: "I agree with them and I like them."

Ultimately, whether or not you agree with and like them is irrelevant to the question of this whole "dialogue" business. If Cruciform deserved to receive an infraction, then, a forteriori, The Horn, at the very least, should be perma-banned.

Can you show me even a single posting of his within the last month in which he actually displayed signs of reading something somebody else wrote?

Edit: It's like the guy just looks for keywords and copies/pastes pre-set liberal propaganda. I'm not convinced that the account isn't simply an elaborate computer program.
I had contemplated and came to the conclusion that with a little more time I could make a program that posted as well as The Horn.

Just thought it was funny someone else noticed.

glorydaz

Again, I'd really prefer if you, Ok_dozer, etc. were a bit nicer to her. :idunno:

I'd really prefer it if you didn't puke when I brought up my black in-laws. :idunno:

The problem with being nice to those exhibiting bad behavior is it encourages them to continue being annoying.
I would be a hypocrite to pretend to like Anna, so I can't want to do that for you, Trad. ;)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:first:

And that's why you're a good poster, and a good person. Intelligent. Empathic. And funny. And a whole lot more. :)

I like you and rusha and zoo, and most posters too. I have a few that I genuinely dislike but I see the good in all posts, (if there is good to be seen). I like Trad and Doser's posts too. Look for the good and don't take this forum so serious.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Oh, I get it. You're one of those with selective reading skills. When someone is being facetious and isn't a friend, you are unable to understand his sarcasm. Yet, you have no problem when it's coming from Rusha, etal.

Now you buzz off big busybody.

Shoo fly, you bother me.

Scat, little rat.

Scoot, before you get the boot.

Be gone.

That sums you up quite nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.