Appeal to the Moderators: TOL is for Dialogue? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

I believe there was also discussion of the n-word in the Mexicans thread and my gratuitous use of the term in my own private life. I don't entirely remember how we got there, but I can assure everyone:

If I didn't fear the consequences, you guys would never see me write "black people" on this forum. :p

That may have gotten AnnaBenedetti and the rest of the political correctness crowd in a bad mood. :noid:

Yes, the times have changed and almost nothing is politically correct anymore. People get offended by the silliest things. I have an old story book called "Little Black Sambo" that would be blacklisted today. Even Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer aren't safe from the PC crowd. But, blacks can call themselves the "n" word all day long and it's just fine. Just as gays can call themselves the "f" word all day long. Here I am, unable to even type the word lest some reader have himself a hissy fit. :nono:

glorydaz

Is it a Southern thing?

Possibly. I'm going to start a thread on this at some point in the proximate future.

It's actually no big thing.... I come from a family of loggers, construction workers, and red necks of all kinds (here in Oregon). I even have family members who have married blacks, and none of us have made "names" a big thing. But then, the liberals started creeping in and well, things change. :idunno:

glorydaz

Uh, no. The Mexicans are Dumb thread was not a joke thread. Unless you think bigotry is funny.

And no, they're not "guilty of what Trad charged them with." He doesn't like their posting style? As Knight told him, he can put them on ignore.

I think bigotry is very funny. People get stupid about all kinds of things. Dems are the biggest bigots around, they just try to hide it, and most Republicans aren't bigoted at all, but they're accused of being bigoted. Yeah, it's really pretty funny.

glorydaz

I believe there was also discussion of the n-word in the Mexicans thread and my gratuitous use of the term in my own private life. I don't entirely remember how we got there, but I can assure everyone:

If I didn't fear the consequences, you guys would never see me write "black people" on this forum. :p

That may have gotten AnnaBenedetti and the rest of the political correctness crowd in a bad mood. :noid:

I got jumped on here once for saying the word "squaw", and I'm a quarter Cherokee. Go figure.

ClimateSanity

Do you find black people to be inferior?

Why does it give you satisfaction to use the n-word gratuitously?

But to Anna's point. Even if you have severe moral failings, that is preferable to people who block dialog. To keep the website going, you must have dialog. Keeping people around with a keen moral conscience won't do that especially when they stir up trouble because they can't get along with the people they deem to be lacking a conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.