Another Brilliant Idea from PlannedBarrenHood

firechyld

Obviously, you still haven't figured out what is being measured and why....

And, obviously, you STILL haven't checked the site that the rulers are referring teens to. There's a huge section devoted to explaining why these fears and concerns are both normal and unfounded.

"Reassuring kids their fears" about their pubescent bodies "are normal"? I wonder why so many girls feel compelled to become anorexic or bulimic. Maybe it's because they aren't "measuring up" to someone else's standard. I've always wondered what sort of nut would support people who murder children, now I know.

I've had a lot of experience with girls who have eating disorders. There's a lot more to it than feeling like they "don't measure up".

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by firechyld

And, obviously, you STILL haven't checked the site that the rulers are referring teens to. There's a huge section devoted to explaining why these fears and concerns are both normal and unfounded.

Directing kids to a place their parents avoided taking them to back in utero is an really stupid idea.

I've had a lot of experience with girls who have eating disorders. There's a lot more to it than feeling like they "don't measure up".

Do you think it would be a good idea for these gals to measure themselves according to other's standards?

firechyld

Originally posted by Nineveh

Directing kids to a place their parents avoided taking them to back in utero is an really stupid idea.

What?

Do you think it would be a good idea for these gals to measure themselves according to other's standards?

I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to measure themselves by someone else's standard... which is why I think it's a great idea to set up a website that explains this, then direct kids to it with a humourous gimmick.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

What?

The kids are alive, therefore the odds are their parents didn't turn them over to plannedbarrenhood then, turning them over to plannedbarrenhood now is a stupid idea.

I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to measure themselves by someone else's standard... which is why I think it's a great idea to set up a website that explains this, then direct kids to it with a humourous gimmick.

That's because you are twisted.

Free-Agent Smith

Your idea of a humorous gimmick may be some else's insecurity and they just might not appreciate your humor.

firechyld

Your idea of a humorous gimmick may be some else's insecurity and they just might not appreciate your humor.

Again, check out the site that the ruler points you to. It's full of reassurance on the "Does size matter?" question.

Free-Agent Smith

Again, check out the site that the ruler points you to. It's full of reassurance on the "Does size matter?" question.

I find no need to look at a sight for teens about sexuality.

Maybe you should rethink the serious implications of things like this.

firechyld

I find no need to look at a sight for teens about sexuality.

Maybe you should rethink the serious implications of things like this.

And I think you should maybe take the time to actually look at something before enthusiastically condemning it. You don't even know what you're objecting to.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I can't name one saving grace from plannedbarrenhood. Going to the site for "proof" of how "helpful" they are to kids is to ignore the 1/3 of my generation they have butchered.

Free-Agent Smith

And I think you should maybe take the time to actually look at something before enthusiastically condemning it. You don't even know what you're objecting to.

Firechild, no matter what your opinion of PPH I'm not going to their site. I used to be connected to them, I know enough.

firechyld

Originally posted by Nineveh

I can't name one saving grace from plannedbarrenhood. Going to the site for "proof" of how "helpful" they are to kids is to ignore the 1/3 of my generation they have butchered.

Originally posted by Agent Smith

Firechild, no matter what your opinion of PPH I'm not going to their site. I used to be connected to them, I know enough.

*sigh*

The fact that a person or a company has done a lot of bad things doesn't make them incapable of doing something good.

Believing that abortion is wrong and that Planned Parenthood are responsible for it's proliferation doesn't mean that it's impossible for them to offer some good advice.

I'm not saying "Yay! Planned Parenthood are wonderful and everything that they do is good!"... frankly, I don't have enough interaction with the group to hold that position even if I wanted to. I'm saying that this particular section of this particular Planned Parenthood site has some worthwhile advice and reassurance that it's important for teens to have.

The fact that they offer good advice for this one specific area doesn't negate the fact that they offer pregnancy termination services. I'll give you that much. But, conversely, the fact that they offer pregnancy termination services doesn't negate the fact that they offer good advice on this particular topic.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
"The fact that a person or a company has done a lot of bad things doesn't make them incapable of doing something good. "

Do you know who Margret Sanger is and why plannedbarrenhood came into existence? Exactly how many murders does a "person or a company" have to commit before they earn your "bad" badge?

Free-Agent Smith

I'm not saying "Yay! Planned Parenthood are wonderful and everything that they do is good!"... frankly, I don't have enough interaction with the group to hold that position even if I wanted to.

Ok.

firechyld

Do you know who Margret Sanger is and why plannedbarrenhood came into existence? Exactly how many murders does a "person or a company" have to commit before they earn your "bad" badge?

Yes, I am in possession of that information.

No, this doesn't mean that the organisation is incapable of doing something good.

As horrific as the Holocaust was, some good came out of Nazi Germany. This doesn't excuse the holocaust, but the existence of the holocaust doesn't negate the good.

If it makes you feel better, consider that Planned Parenthood has provided a useful and beneficial service by accident.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

As horrific as the Holocaust was, some good came out of Nazi Germany. This doesn't excuse the holocaust, but the existence of the holocaust doesn't negate the good.

So it doesn't excuse the holocaust, but should we have stopped it?

firechyld

*shrug*

In my eyes, yes, but I don't profess to be an expert on world history.

The point is that the nasty bits of German history in that period don't negate the good things to come out of the same period.

Offering pregnancy termination services doesn't negate the fact that Planned Parenthood have provided some good advice on that website.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I asked:

"So it doesn't excuse the holocaust, but should we have stopped it?"

You answered:
... yes, ...

So if we should have stopped the holocaust then, ( even though there might have been some good in the 3rd Reich somewhere ) then perhaps we should stop plannedbarrenhood's holocaust now, even if there is some good lurking in an abortuary somewhere.

A woman's medical health is best suited in a physician's care, not a murderer's.