And Jesus Said Unto Paul of Ryan ...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Social welfare just seems to me like a violation of the separation between Church and state, because charity is a religious activity. IOW, it seems to me to violate the First Amendment to force people on pain of incarceration to contribute to a religious activity. But I admit that I don't know the SCOTUS case law on the matter, or even if there is any.

Is charity only a religious activity, or can it be a moral activity defined by natural law?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
:freak:

This Natural Law. I'm sure Nihilo knows what I mean, since it shares a complementarity with Catholic theology.

yes, i'm familiar with it

in fact, i'm heavily immersed in it at the moment, reading about rousseau and voltaire and all them french morons who built grand philosophical edifices out of bubblegum and shifting sand

i reject it

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
yes, i'm familiar with it

in fact, i'm heavily immersed in it at the moment, reading about rousseau and voltaire and all them french morons who built grand philosophical edifices out of bubblegum and shifting sand

i reject it

"There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them."- Jacques Clouseau

pondsbb

But Trump himself said he knows his health care plan could hurt many of his supporters:

President Donald Trump says he’s aware the current version of the GOP’s health care bill could hurt the very people who helped put him in the White House.

The president acknowledged the findings of a recent Bloomberg report, which said working- and middle-class counties that voted for him in November would fare far worse under the new bill than affluent counties that supported Hillary Clinton.

“Yeah,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that aired Wednesday. “Oh, I know that.”
Acts 5:3-4New King James Version (NKJV)

3*But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back*part*of the price of the land for yourself?*4*While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

New King James Version*(NKJV)

I know I don't wish my money to be under government control. Let everyone else talk out the side of their mouth if they wish.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Acts 5:3-4New King James Version (NKJV)

3*But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back*part*of the price of the land for yourself?*4*While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

New King James Version*(NKJV)

I know I don't wish my money to be under government control. Let everyone else talk out the side of their mouth if they wish.

What does lying have to do with paying taxes, and what does paying taxes have to do with talking out the side of one's mouth?

You may not wish your money (a portion of it) to be "under government control," but you enjoy the fruit of your taxation every day in the things which are provided for your health and safety. What you don't seem to want to do is let any of your money be used for the good of someone else. God forbid that should happen, right?

pondsbb

What does lying have to do with paying taxes, and what does paying taxes have to do with talking out the side of one's mouth?

You may not wish your money (a portion of it) to be "under government control," but you enjoy the fruit of your taxation every day in the things which are provided for your health and safety. What you don't seem to want to do is let any of your money be used for the good of someone else. God forbid that should happen, right?
Why so defensive? I don't trust government to control my money properly.

Apparently you don't either. Isn't that what the thread is about? Poor old Paul of Ryan that can't spend taxes to your satisfaction?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Why so defensive?

There's nothing defensive in what I wrote. Perhaps you'd rather build that strawman than actually answer my question, since the Bible quote has absolutely nothing to do with the idea of the government providing safety nets using tax monies.

I don't trust government to control my money properly.

There's nothing wrong with that opinion, most people understand there's bound to be waste and inefficiency in a large bureaucratic system so there's always going to be room for improvement.

Apparently you don't either. Isn't that what the thread is about? Poor old Paul of Ryan that can't spend taxes to your satisfaction?

Is he spending them to your satisfaction?

Reactions: Lon

pondsbb

There's nothing defensive in what I wrote. Perhaps you'd rather build that strawman than actually answer my question, since the Bible quote has absolutely nothing to do with the idea of the government providing safety nets using tax monies.

There's nothing wrong with that opinion, most people understand there's bound to be waste and inefficiency in a large bureaucratic system so there's always going to be room for improvement.

Is he spending them to your satisfaction?
You took offence because I quoted the scripture the link "drop dead" took me to?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Jesus - Mark 12:17 And Jesus said to them, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." And they were amazed at Him.

You liberals seem to think Caesar is your God, thats your problem.

Jesus even made it easy and separated it for you. Taxes are for security and infastructure, not for charity so it can be mixed with secular agendas - murders, transgederism, theft, drugs, etc.. all things against God.