"|all you have to do is believe in Jesus".. Huh?

turbosixx

Paul said the Gentiles have the work of the law written in their conscience. You can choose to ignore that, but the fact remains we are not justified by DOING but by believing.

Paul says the Gentiles do the things contained in the law. What law is he talking about? The law they didn't have, the law written on their hearts is the law of Moses which came 430 years afer the promise.

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

The Gentiles did what people without God consider moral, such as do not murder.

Did they have the law of circumcision, keep the sabbath or worship of idols written on thier heart? Did they know to stone people for working on the sabbath?

Or not to associate with other peoples?
Acts 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation;

Last edited:

turbosixx

And I, am not sure how someone spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV) can look at Acts 10:35 KJV and Titus 3:5 KJV and claim they are saying the same thing.

They are not the same thing but they are not opposite either because they are two different things. Acts 10 is talking about God accepting people who are not Jews and Titus is talking about salvation.

Acts 10 is about letting the Jews know the Gentiles are now part of God's plan.
Acts 11:3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them. 4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning,.....18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

If we look at the contest and concider the vision and what Peter is saying, it's not salvation but now the Gentiles are accepted as God's people.

Acts 10:28..... but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.....34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

He said all this before he preached Jesus to them.

Daniel1611

If we are saved by believing in Jesus and his blood, then how were people saved before his DBR?

Way to dodge the question.

People were saved by faith in the LORD. The whole OT is looking forward to Jesus. Abraham looked forward to His day and rejoiced. It's always been by faith.

popsthebuilder

Daniel1611,
re: "I am saved. If I go commit adultery, I will get punished but I won't go to hell."

In addition to serpentdove's reference to 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, there is Hebrews 10:26: "For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins."
Yeah, as in no repentance, no get outa hell free card for blasphemy.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
so many so called Christians say that all you have to do is believe... always pointing to those psgs that seem to say this.. just believe stuff

well, if you really believe Jesus..

if you really, really believe in Him.. you will do what He says

He said this Himself

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments"

Also see:

James 2:14

"Faith without works is dead"

__

"All" you have to do?

Belief is faith, which is a substance (hypostasis). Since it's the substance that translates us into Christ (His hypostasis), that faith conforms us to the image of God's Son, as evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit and resulting works as we rest solely in Christ.

Works are merely the inevitable evidence of salvific faith; yet faith can never be acquired by works.

There's no such thing as "only" believing. If one believes, they will bear fruit. But that is not through effort or the works themselves. It's because one is engrafted into the tree of life and yields the fruit of that tree.

The obedience is in hearing the Rhema, which includes hearkening. Obedience is not works. Works are the inevitable result of the obedience of unfeigned faith.

We cannot and do not effect our own salvation by works.

popsthebuilder

If we are saved by believing in Jesus and his blood, then how were people saved before his DBR?
The manifestation of Crist was possible before Jesus. Part of the intent of Jesus was to lead people to God through Crist which was something he was destined, and prophesied to do.

popsthebuilder

It states that a man how practices the Word through word is with God, but the man who acts on the Word of God and speaks it is most vinerable in the eyes of the Lord.

turbosixx

"All" you have to do?

Belief is faith, which is a substance (hypostasis). Since it's the substance that translates us into Christ (His hypostasis), that faith conforms us to the image of God's Son, as evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit and resulting works as we rest solely in Christ.

Works are merely the inevitable evidence of salvific faith; yet faith can never be acquired by works.

There's no such thing as "only" believing. If one believes, they will bear fruit. But that is not through effort or the works themselves. It's because one is engrafted into the tree of life and yields the fruit of that tree.

The obedience is in hearing the Rhema, which includes hearkening. Obedience is not works. Works are the inevitable result of the obedience of unfeigned faith.

We cannot and do not effect our own salvation by works.

Speaking of grafting. Why would these branches that are standing by their faith be cut off?

Rom. 11:20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. 22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

Daniel1611

Not earn as much as learn. Not works as in physical labor, good, selfless acts of charity in any form. The word is the guide. The acts, or works is the following of that guide. They lead to the one Lord.

You're saying they were saved by what they did. Works salvation. The Bible suggests no such thing. If you aren't saved by faith alone, you aren't saved. That's what the Bible says. Period.

popsthebuilder

So they believed in Christ? They are saved the same as we?
No. Not at all. Contrary to popular belief due to manipulation by the RCC, the fact that Crist is a state of being is nearly unknown by cristians today. This way of being was taught by Jesus the Crist. Or the son of God. The traditional concept of the trinity is false. And an attempt by the RRC to decapitate, or neuter the Crist consciousness. It has worked thus far as most people on this very board will be wholly enraged when they read this post.

Look up Christology, asceticism, Crist,

Upon the crucifixion of the one true son of God, the Romans and pagans destroyed most proof of what is known as Crist and the way to accomplish a true unity with God. Arius was one of the first practitioners that I know of who had an influence on original Christology, so asceticism.
Thank you for your ears. I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Speaking of grafting. Why would these branches that are standing by their faith be cut off?

Rom. 11:20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. 22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

Because they continue not in His kindness. That's not faith. Most think faith (pistis) is hope/trust (elpis). It's not.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why would Jesus need Faith in his self?
Thanks.
He had hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began (Titus 1:2 KJV).

What are finished works?
The wages of sin is death and Christ took the payoff in our place (Romans 4:25 KJV, Romans 6:23 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

All of the work necessary to save anyone today was accomplished by God through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in the WORLD'S place!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.