"|all you have to do is believe in Jesus".. Huh?

glorydaz

The churches being filled with unsaved people is our fault. There are good churches, but many tailor their churches for the unsaved. They invite the unsaved, they don't stress teaching biblical doctrine, they teach things the unsaved will be comfortable with, make music the unsaved will be comfortable with, etc. It is no wonder there are so many unsaved people in churches.

Speak for yourself. ;)

glorydaz

Paul says the Gentiles do the things contained in the law. What law is he talking about? The law they didn't have, the law written on their hearts is the law of Moses which came 430 years afer the promise.

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

The Gentiles did what people without God consider moral, such as do not murder.

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Romans 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness,

Asked and answered. Thou shalt not kill.

Did they have the law of circumcision, keep the sabbath or worship of idols written on thier heart? Did they know to stone people for working on the sabbath?

Or not to associate with other peoples?
Acts 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation;

That's the law of Moses. See how easy that was?

popsthebuilder

Heir,

1) Exactly. And that is the message we are to follow.

2) The works of Crist are not finished. You have been misinformed. Jesus was showing us that through our Faith in God and doing only outwardly good things that one must sacrafice. We do not have to sacrafice our selfs through blood, as he did that for us all.

Works of the Lord, or works of the righteous are to be of charity in any possible form at every possible obvious opportunity. It only pertains to work and monetary or resourse compensation to the limit of providing for one's family, as this I'd integral for productive survival. Yes, Jesus was Crist, putting the pain and suffering of the world on his shoulders. The negative things that were said and done to him had no affect due to his constant, pure state of Crist. He was very committed to the path of the Lord which he knew was right regardless of what happened around, or to him.

Yeah, why did you skip 20? That's not misleading at all.
21 is saying that Jesus represented sin for us, and that we are supposed to represent rightiousness for him. For for the sake of God.

Yeah, I really don't aprechiate you knowingly manipulating things of this nature. Why not 1-7?

The parts you quoted mean;
My pupil and blood through Crist, only do selfless, good things in the name of God the creator, and Jesus our Lord. You most straighten who speaks the skewed word. Do not get fought up with fairytales, or records of geneology, because that is not the correct point of focus. Follow the feeling that you know is right inside. Needless direction makes for needless questioning. Go in the obvious path that has been shown and is verified as truth in you from God.

This is fun, can we do some more? Thank you.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Heir,

1) Exactly. And that is the message we are to follow.
"Exactly" what? What is the gospel of your salvation?

2) The works of Crist are not finished. You have been misinformed.
They most certainly are and we are complete in Him and identified with Him!

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Colossians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Works of the Lord, or works of the righteous are to be of charity in any possible form at every possible obvious opportunity.
Charity would never tell someone that Christ's work is not finished where salvation is concerned!

Yeah, why did you skip 20? That's not misleading at all.
21 is saying that Jesus represented sin for us, and that we are supposed to represent rightiousness for him. For for the sake of God.
LOL I don't think YOU are an ambassador for Christ, that's why I didn't bother putting verse 20 in, but here you go.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Verse 21 clearly states that He (God the Father) hath made Him (God the Son), who knew no sin to be sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him!

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

There's nothing that you or I can do to make ourselves righteous. So how is it that we can be made the righteousness of God in Him? The righteousness is not ours, but the righteousness of God which is by faith OF Jesus Christ! It is available unto all and upon all them that believe!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

I have it upon me. Do you have it upon you?

Yeah, I really don't aprechiate you knowingly manipulating things of this nature. Why not 1-7?
I haven't "manipulated" anything. And please learn to wrap quotes.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

heir,

Thank you for the opportunity.

Colossians 2:9-15
His body is full to the brim with The Crist consciousness. You are completely as one with the Lord. And your direction is that of which should be implemented in places of power. You being a Gentile are circumsized by your connection with the Lord. You have been cleared of your past sin by removing it from you through Crist.
You were baptised through the death of Jesus. God has awakened you as he awoke Jesus from the dead. Through your sin and inhearent evil without the law, and now your direction in Crist your physical life has been shortened, for you will have paid your price in full early. It is you who will sift through the discrepancies of the scripture for the good of other Gentiles. Because of your excessive sin and the direction you have found in the Lord, you will be able to read the books as they are meant. And pin the lies of said scriptures on the RCC whom are wholly responsable.
And whoever refutes your obvious clarity through texts that has been shown to you through Crist will only refute for short, and your obvious right will shine through, and be obvious.

Corinthians2:5:20
We are the representatives of Crist. We have been sought out by God. We preach the trueth about Crist in place of Jesus so that you may regain your connection to God through Crist.

Romans3:21-22
Your pure direction under God will be seen and confirmed by the Israelites( Jewish/Muslim). Even the truly Faithful of Christians will not refute your obvious direction under God in which you state that all true believers of the one God are the same.

Thank you very much again, for the opportunity. All praise is to God.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...In addition to serpentdove's reference to 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, there is Hebrews 10:26: "For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins."

Pray (Ro 9:2-3, Col. 1:9–12).

heir

TOL Subscriber
In addition to serpentdove's reference to 1 Corinthians 6:9-10,
I submit 1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV!
there is Hebrews 10:26: "For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins."
Hebrews is not written TO members of the Body of Christ.

As to us: 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV and Colossians 2:13 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
heir,

Thank you for the opportunity.

Colossians 2:9-15
His body is full to the brim with The Crist consciousness. You are completely as one with the Lord. And your direction is that of which should be implemented in places of power. You being a Gentile are circumsized by your connection with the Lord. You have been cleared of your past sin by removing it from you through Crist.
You were baptised through the death of Jesus. God has awakened you as he awoke Jesus from the dead. Through your sin and inhearent evil without the law, and now your direction in Crist your physical life has been shortened, for you will have paid your price in full early. It is you who will sift through the discrepancies of the scripture for the good of other Gentiles. Because of your excessive sin and the direction you have found in the Lord, you will be able to read the books as they are meant. And pin the lies of said scriptures on the RCC whom are wholly responsable.
And whoever refutes your obvious clarity through texts that has been shown to you through Crist will only refute for short, and your obvious right will shine through, and be obvious.

Corinthians2:5:20
We are the representatives of Crist. We have been sought out by God. We preach the trueth about Crist in place of Jesus so that you may regain your connection to God through Crist.

Romans3:21-22
Your pure direction under God will be seen and confirmed by the Israelites( Jewish/Muslim). Even the truly Faithful of Christians will not refute your obvious direction under God in which you state that all true believers of the one God are the same.

Thank you very much again, for the opportunity. All praise is to God.
:AMR:

turbosixx

Way to dodge the question.

People were saved by faith in the LORD. The whole OT is looking forward to Jesus. Abraham looked forward to His day and rejoiced. It's always been by faith.

Sorry, my intention is not to dodge but to challenge our thinking.

Yes, I agree they were saved by being faithful and Jesus' blood was applied to those who were faithful. What i would suggest is, when we read notice how one is determined to be faithful or unfaithful.

turbosixx

No. Not at all. Contrary to popular belief due to manipulation by the RCC, the fact that Crist is a state of being is nearly unknown by cristians today. This way of being was taught by Jesus the Crist. Or the son of God. The traditional concept of the trinity is false. And an attempt by the RRC to decapitate, or neuter the Crist consciousness. It has worked thus far as most people on this very board will be wholly enraged when they read this post.

Look up Christology, asceticism, Crist,

Upon the crucifixion of the one true son of God, the Romans and pagans destroyed most proof of what is known as Crist and the way to accomplish a true unity with God. Arius was one of the first practitioners that I know of who had an influence on original Christology, so asceticism.
Thank you for your ears. I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

No disrespect takin, I'm hear to challenge and be challenged.

turbosixx

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Romans 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness,

Let me see if I understand you correctly. Your going to pick out part of a single verse were Paul says "are a law unto themselves" and determine based on that, when Pauls says "of the law" in the book of Romans he is NOT talking about the law of Moses.

Last edited:

eddie17

To be fair if your saved and all you are doing is saying "im ok im saved" then i question your walk,because if you are not moved or at unrest that his children are everywhere in the streets and starving.And you are doing nothing at all for them,then i dont know how you can sleep.

heir

TOL Subscriber
:noway: The apostle Paul was concerned about remaining qualified for the kingdom (1 Co 9:27). He had integrity. :plain:
Paul was talking about running a race for the prize/as in reward for keeping the faith and not wavering (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV, 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 KJV, 2 Timothy 4:7-8 KJV).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, faith is how we are saved but not by faith without works.
Do you believe it RC?

Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

turbosixx

Do you believe it RC?

Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I'm not sure what RC is.

That verse says we are saved by faith and not by works. It doesn't say faith without works.