"|all you have to do is believe in Jesus".. Huh?

j4jesus09

I will tell you anyway, because I love talking about God's Truth and there might be someone else who reads this and wants to know.

Those scriptures mean it does not matter if I answer a fool, or not, because the fool will still not accept the truth and learn.

Are you suggesting that I'm a fool?

Matthew 5:22

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

God's Truth

Are you suggesting that I'm a fool?

If you do not listen to me you are.

Tell us, are you a fool?

Matthew 5:22

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

You do not understand that scripture either. That scripture is about not calling your brother a fool when he is not.

SaulToPaul 2

You both are wrong. You are wrong about your grammar, and STP is wrong about it mattering. We are speaking about God's Truth. Who cares about correcting grammar?

I didn't say it matters. This person thinks she is more intelligent than the rest of us, yet does not know English.

j4jesus09

You won't be saved unless you first obey by repenting of your sins and proving your repentance.
Yes, you must repent. Repentance means feeling or expressing sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin. That starts on the inside. Who ulitmately is the one you should be concerned with proving this to?

I see you do not have understanding of the scriptures. I will explain that scripture to you, and I will tell you how you can get understanding on your own...you have to obey Jesus' teachings and then Jesus will reveal himself to you, see John 14:21.

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Matthew 16:17

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my FATHER which is in heaven.

The scripture about plucking out your eye and cutting off your hand...if you obey Jesus, then you will not have to do those things.

Right, is there a time when you didn't obey Jesus and God with your eyes did you go ahead and immdediately pluck it out or did pray to God to help you with obeying the scriptures. Did you just come right into salvation fully mature never ever sinning ever again?

Why would someone pluck out their eye and cut off their hand if they stopped sinning with those things?

I agree, but you state this like you have always stopped sinning the first time. You have sinned more than once in one area of your life. If you haven't then you are a rare breed.

j4jesus09

You forgot the part of having to obey Jesus and repent of your sins.

He stated you must place ALLLLLLLLL your faith in CHRIST JESUS. That would mean obey what Jesus said or else you are NOT placing ALLLLLLL your faith in HIM. The fact that you want people to make the exact statement to obey Jesus so you would feel better does display a lack of maturity in the gospel GT. I think everyone, Groesbecke, GT, and all believers know to obey Jesus. Give me just one thing that a believer should obey Jesus in. Just me. Shoot me a scripture in general that you think should be obeyed. I will be totally honest and transparent with you if I have obeyed that scripture or not. As I will ask you and I expect you to do the same. It shouldn't be this trivial but I will make an attempt to reconcile our differences if you really want to be on one accord as GOD teaches.

j4jesus09

If you do not listen to me you are.

Tell us, are you a fool?

You do not understand that scripture either. That scripture is about not calling your brother a fool when he is not.

If I do not listen to you??? HMMMMMM. :think:
That's really all this is about. I will listen to God through Christ who he has placed on the inside of me.

God's Truth

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

That means we did not have to do the ceremonial works.

We did not talk God into it, for God made the plan for salvation to be through Jesus before He created the world.

God's Truth

Yes, you must repent. Repentance means feeling or expressing sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin. That starts on the inside. Who ulitmately is the one you should be concerned with proving this to?

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Matthew 16:17

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my FATHER which is in heaven.

Right, is there a time when you didn't obey Jesus and God with your eyes did you go ahead and immdediately pluck it out or did pray to God to help you with obeying the scriptures. Did you just come right into salvation fully mature never ever sinning ever again?

I agree, but you state this like you have always stopped sinning the first time. You have sinned more than once in one area of your life. If you haven't then you are a rare breed.

It sounds as if you agree with me.

As for sinning after I have been saved...I do what Jesus says, and that is I worked out my salvation with trembling and fear, if I did sin I confess and repent of it.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The Jesus whose God is jealous and full of revenge that sent his only son to be tortured for humankind's "sins"?

Or the Jesus who saw a God of mercy that wants repentance and forgiveness of others--and not a blood sacrifice like the temple priests believed in?

God's Truth

He stated you must place ALLLLLLLLL your faith in CHRIST JESUS. That would mean obey what Jesus said or else you are NOT placing ALLLLLLL your faith in HIM.

Don't tell me what they are debating. I have been debating them for three years; and, you even PROVED that you believe just like them when you said we ONLY HAVE TO HAVE FAITH.

The fact that you want people to make the exact statement to obey Jesus so you would feel better does display a lack of maturity in the gospel GT.

That does not make sense.

I think everyone, Groesbecke, GT, and all believers know to obey Jesus.
They do NOT.

We have to obey Jesus to get saved, and to stay saved. People here go against me all the time for saying that.

Give me just one thing that a believer should obey Jesus in. Just me. Shoot me a scripture in general that you think should be obeyed. I will be totally honest and transparent with you if I have obeyed that scripture or not. As I will ask you and I expect you to do the same. It shouldn't be this trivial but I will make an attempt to reconcile our differences if you really want to be on one accord as GOD teaches.

What does that have to do with what we are talking about? You are the one who went against me for saying we have to obey Jesus to be saved.

You are the one who did not understand about plucking out your eye and cutting off your hand.

God's Truth

The Jesus whose God is jealous and full of revenge that sent his only son to be tortured for humankind's "sins"?

Or the Jesus who saw a God of mercy that wants repentance and forgiveness of others--and not a blood sacrifice like the temple priests believed in?

Jesus is the same God as God the Father in the Old Testament. You just have no understanding, so you blasphemy things you do not understand.