"|all you have to do is believe in Jesus".. Huh?

God's Truth

Rewards and loss of rewards - having nothing to do with salvation.

That is NOT true.

The REWARD IS eternal life.

The reward is an inheritance.

Colossians 3:24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

The reward is the promise of the inheritance of eternal life.

Hebrews 9:15
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

In case you still are not sure the inheritance is eternal life, which is our reward, read and study these scriptures, there should be no more doubt after reading them.

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

The REWARD is the PROMISE, of an INHERITANCE, and the INHERITANCE is ETERNAL LIFE.

glorydaz

so you believe once saved always saved?

illogical

unbiblical

fooling yourself

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandmnets"

Period

+

Guess our Lord didn't need to come and die on the cross....since all of us could simply have kept the commandments. :doh:

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?​

God's Truth

Guess our Lord didn't need to come and die on the cross....since all of us could simply have kept the commandments. :doh:

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?​

Jesus died for our sins ONCE AND FOR ALL so that we can be reconciled to God. That means the Holy Spirit of God will live IN US and we do NOT have to go to a temple to worship God. It means we do not have sacrifice animals year after year and go to a priest.

glorydaz

wrong again

but i am not going into Defense Mode just to explain to you why i am catholic

if u want to know why someone would b catholic, study catholicism... like any person who wants to know about something would study...

I did, and I was a Catholic for years. I had to leave to hear the Gospel being preached, and only then was I saved. :)

God's Truth

Glorydaz and Rebulicanchick are both in falseness.

Glorydaz says we do not have to obey, and Republicanchick says she does obey.

Catholics do NOT obey, and Glorydaz says we do not have to obey.

WE HAVE TO OBEY, AND CATHOLICS DO NOT OBEY; and, anyone who teaches we do not have to obey, they are NOT OBEYING.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 10:28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
I don't understand the connection you are making between my post and this verse you have chosen.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Firstly, YOU cannot tell who is a Christian and who is not by their works. There are many unsaved workers out there. There are many "ministers of righteousness" that APPEAR to be what they are not.

Secondly, grace believers are sealed the moment that they trust what Christ has done for them.

Right On!

turbosixx

So you think Paul was God and could see into the hearts of men? You think all the people in the assembly were believers? :doh: Paul knew what you don't....some "claimed" to be believers. Some give their alms to be seen of men....and people like you fall for it.

Matthew 6:1-6
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.​

My point is where is the dividing line, in man's eyes and God's?

Matt. 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

1 Jn. 2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

Right Divider

Body part
My point is where is the dividing line, in man's eyes and God's?

Matt. 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

1 Jn. 2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.
Jesus lived as a Jew under the Law. So did John. Are you?

turbosixx

Firstly, YOU cannot tell who is a Christian and who is not by their works. There are many unsaved workers out there. There are many "ministers of righteousness" that APPEAR to be what they are not.

True, we do not know the hearts of men, but what is Paul talking about. Visible immorality by those who are in the church.
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

If you see a member of your church group cheating on their spouse, do you ignore it and say "they are sealed" and allow them to continue to attend?

Secondly, grace believers are sealed the moment that they trust what Christ has done for them.

So, they don't need to continue in the faith, they're done?
Col. 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel.

j4jesus09

True, we do not know the hearts of men, but what is Paul talking about. Visible immorality by those who are in the church.
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

If you see a member of your church group cheating on their spouse, do you ignore it and say "they are sealed" and allow them to continue to attend?

Col. 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel.

Being sealed doesn't mean you won't sin. It means you will not continue in sin. 1st corinthians 5 deals with this exact issue.

1st Cor 5:1-5

1It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

turbosixx

Jesus lived as a Jew under the Law. So did John. Are you?

Is this the law? Is this written to those under the law?

1 Jn. 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Right Divider

Body part
Is this the law? Is this written to those under the law?

1 Jn. 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
Are you claiming to be without sin? Are you 100% obedience?

Right Divider

Body part

You continually blur eternal life with actions of people.

Faith leads to correct actions. But correct actions do NOT necessarily indicate faith.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Oh, well you don't know how to say it so it can be understood by those who need to hear it.

Sure I do. I do it every day of my life and others are set free from the law (and law methodology) by the ontological Gospel you don't know and replace with Mid-Acts Dispensationalism heresy.

If you don't know what singular anarthrous hamartia is, you're clueless about sin AND Paul's Gospel.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Yep, he might as well be speaking in a foreign language. I don't
understand what he's saying? He posts like a Harvard Professor
of English study. It's better to post with words posters can
understand. Otherwise, he's just making himself look smart
but not getting his point across. What advantage is there in that?

As you post thousands of inane drive-bys that are mostly ad hominem and heretical doctrine.

You have no place to assess or judge anyone or anything, ignorant geriatric novice.

j4jesus09

Sure I do. I do it every day of my life and others are set free from the law (and law methodology) by the ontological Gospel you don't know and replace with Mid-Acts Dispensationalism heresy.

If you don't know what singular anarthrous hamartia is, you're clueless about sin AND Paul's Gospel.

I think you and I both know you are using big words that are not used normally. :) However I did look up Hamartia interesting. As wordy as you are glorydaz is not clueless about sin. From your own statement we just miss the mark.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I think you and I both know you are using big words that are not used normally. :) However I did look up Hamartia interesting. As wordy as you are glorydaz is not clueless about sin. From your own statement we just miss the mark.

Greek words are used constantly by theologians and mature Believers with knowledge and wisdom.

What makes you think you can assess such things when you just looked up the Greek word for sin?

She understands virtually nothing about hamartia. Nor do very many others, including you if you think hamartia is a big or unnecessary word.