"|all you have to do is believe in Jesus".. Huh?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Catholic church is steeped in idols, prayers to Mary, Priests that supposedly
can forgive sins, and worship of the Pope. The Catholics also believe in works
as a way to eternal life.

republicanchick

The reason you don't believe in OSAS is, you're a Catholic and
they are "Workers."

wrong again

but i am not going into Defense Mode just to explain to you why i am catholic

if u want to know why someone would b catholic, study catholicism... like any person who wants to know about something would study...

republicanchick

The Catholic church is steeped in idols, prayers to Mary, Priests that supposedly
can forgive sins, and worship of the Pope. The Catholics also believe in works
as a way to eternal life.

you need to study Catholicism instead of going by what anticatholics have told you

they are lying... big time. Catholics do not believe works save you (for example)

__

Right Divider

Body part

so you believe once saved always saved?

illogical

unbiblical

fooling yourself

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandmnets"

Period

+
Firstly, if by saved, you're talking about eternal life.... this is a GIFT from God and cannot be earned nor lost once given.

Secondly, NO body keeps ALL of the commandments 100%.

PERIOD!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
you need to study Catholicism instead of going by what anticatholics have told you

they are lying... big time. Catholics do not believe works save you (for example)

__

I have a good friend who was a Catholic for many years. She traveled
to Rome in order to converse with the Monsignors, etc. She has told
me how you guys operate. She's now a Grace Message believer.

republicanchick

I have a good friend who was a Catholic for many years. She traveled
to Rome in order to converse with the Monsignors, etc. She has told
me how you guys operate. She's now a Grace Message believer.

big deal. I don't know that chick from... Eve

this post tells us ZIP... about anything..

you anticatholics are nothing if not BORING

"how you guys operate"

how utterly say-nothing...

++

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
wrong again

but i am not going into Defense Mode just to explain to you why i am catholic

if u want to know why someone would b catholic, study catholicism... like any person who wants to know about something would study...

You're a Catholic headed for judgment and the Lake of Fire if you
don't hear the Grace Message and place ALL your faith in Christ
and none in yourself, church, or your Pope.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
big deal. I don't know that chick from... Eve

this post tells us ZIP... about anything..

you anticatholics are nothing if not BORING

"how you guys operate"

how utterly say-nothing...

++

Well, like I said, you must place ALL your faith in Christ and none
in yourself, your church, your Priests, Mary, and the Pope. Otherwise,
judgment awaits you and your ilk.

glorydaz

You guys don't know how to say it from the standpoint of the ontological Gospel, Hamartiology, and Atonement; instead only expressing it in fallacious MAD terms that others rightly misunderstand and resist.

They all think you're promoting every allowable indulgence of sin. I know that's not the case, but others need more than flaunting heinous behavior in their faces as provocation and condescension.

Set them free from the law (and law methodology) instead. But first you guys will have to learn the difference between singular/plural and articular/anarthrous hamartia as nouns (though virtually everyone needs to learn that, too).

Oh, well you don't know how to say it so it can be understood by those who need to hear it.

glorydaz

Jesus could have cared less about Heaven. Heaven was in good shape and could take care of itself.

It's here on earth where the problems are.

Matthew 10:28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

glorydaz

turbosixx appears to be one of the many schizophrenic "believers" here on TOL. When I stated this:

To this, turbosixx said this:

To which I said:

To that, turbosixx said:

So, clearly turbosixx has a split personality and needs to get help right away.

Double minded man. :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Oh, well you don't know how to say it so it can be understood by those who need to hear it.

Yep, he might as well be speaking in a foreign language. I don't
understand what he's saying? He posts like a Harvard Professor
of English study. It's better to post with words posters can
understand. Otherwise, he's just making himself look smart
but not getting his point across. What advantage is there in that?

glorydaz

Sorry, I will be glad to post more to support my point.

1 Cor. 6:7 Actually, then, it is already a defeat for you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded? 8 On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren. 9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Yes, they are Christians and are justified. Why then the warning "Do no be deceived"? Don't they already know non-Christians will not inherit the kingdom of God?

5:11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

How are we to know who is a Christian and who is not, by their works, good or bad.

So you think Paul was God and could see into the hearts of men? You think all the people in the assembly were believers? :doh: Paul knew what you don't....some "claimed" to be believers. Some give their alms to be seen of men....and people like you fall for it.

Matthew 6:1-6
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.​

glorydaz

I know that Republicanchick but your coreligionists prefer faith that every thing will happen without doing any thing. Believe me, I don't know why Paul had to poison their minds so irresponsibly.

Could it be because God dwells in us and only God is able to perform His good work in and through us? Who is the potter?

glorydaz

Yes, by the works "of the law" no one can be saved.

Heb. 7:11 Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the Law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron?

And your works won't save you either. :rolleyes:

God's Truth

And your works won't save you either. :rolleyes:

It is NOT OUR WORKS, it is God's WORKS that we are doing.

However, Catholics do NOT obey God, they do not do God's works, they call their priests 'father', they make Mary co-redeemer, they bow to statues, and many other such things that are against God. Catholics do the works of their denomination.

glorydaz

So works do count after we are saved?

Rewards and loss of rewards - having nothing to do with salvation.

1 Cor. 3:11-15
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.​

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rewards and loss of rewards - having nothing to do with salvation.

1 Cor. 3:11-15
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.​
Right on Glorydaz! :thumb:

glorydaz

Firstly, YOU cannot tell who is a Christian and who is not by their works. There are many unsaved workers out there. There are many "ministers of righteousness" that APPEAR to be what they are not.

Secondly, grace believers are sealed the moment that they trust what Christ has done for them.

:first: