"|all you have to do is believe in Jesus".. Huh?

turbosixx

Let me put it this way....We are not the ONE. The gift of righteousness we receive was through the obedience of the Lord Jesus Christ. If you think of yourself as Lord, keep preaching what you're preaching. But....you won't be saved with the "good news" that YOU must perform anything.

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

I agree, Jesus paid the price that we could not pay.

glorydaz

That is not what I agreed to.

James 2:24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Are you in the flesh or in the Spirit? Can you understand what Paul says here?

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

glorydaz

If one is not practicing sin, then they are keeping the commandments. That is not "faith alone", but faith that works which makes sense from what I read.

Rom. 11:22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

That verse is talking about nations....Israel vs. Gentile. Nothing there about one's personal salvation.

glorydaz

Read the WHOLE thing Bible Chopper.

1 Cor. 6-8-11 KJV
8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Have you gotten a response on this? I won't be surprised if it's ignored. Doubt is truly the largest and thickest pair of blinders ever made. :nono:

j4jesus09

If one is not practicing sin, then they are keeping the commandments. That is not "faith alone", but faith that works which makes sense from what I read.

Rom. 11:22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

True, but through proper faith expressed in your works you are keeping the whole law. Faith alone produces the works. I think the issue with works is people are examining the works to see what the faith is and that's okay. One should. If the works are not expressing the proper faith then one would question what their faith is in. Overally, faith is the only thing that saves us. The proper faith produces proper works. :) Does this make since. We can't do any good though without God.

Romans 3:28&31
28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
31Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

turbosixx

Then why do you continue to claim you must pay it? Or even that you can in any way perform the doing of it?

I'm trying to see it your way but when I see who the bible says is saved and those who are not, it always comes down to what the person did, good or bad. For example, remember these are Christians that are being addressed:

Rev. 3:4 But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.

Col. 1:22 yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach- 23 if indeed YOU continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard,

Even after believing, we still have free will.

glorydaz

The answer was kind of given in the statement made. A believer would not stay in blatant sin. That is one sign of a believer. He believes in forsaking sin. Because the bible tells me so. :)

It's because of that "operation of God".

Colossians 2:11-12
In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.​

God "worketh in you"...both to will and do His good pleasure.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.​

turbosixx

True, but through proper faith expressed in your works you are keeping the whole law. Faith alone produces the works. I think the issue with works is people are examining the works to see what the faith is and that's okay. One should. If the works are not expressing the proper faith then one would question what their faith is in. Overally, faith is the only thing that saves us. The proper faith produces proper works. :) Does this make since. We can't do any good though without God.

Romans 3:28&31
28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
31Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

What law is Paul talking about?

j4jesus09

It's because of that "operation of God".

Colossians 2:11-12
In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.​

God "worketh in you"...both to will and do His good pleasure.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.​

Faith, does a body good! :)

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Our salvation is by grace through Christ's faith and finished work!
His work is finished. Ps 9:17 :dizzy:

See:

Apostasy & Eternal Security

31q3Omr4ccL._SX300_.jpg

glorydaz

I'm trying to see it your way but when I see who the bible says is saved and those who are not, it always comes down to what the person did, good or bad. For example, remember these are Christians that are being addressed:

Rev. 3:4 But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.

Col. 1:22 yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach- 23 if indeed YOU continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard,

Even after believing, we still have free will.

Members of the body of Christ aren't there in Revelation 3, we are already seated with Christ in heavenly places. And, many people hear the Gospel but turn back before they are baptised into Christ Jesus. Will you turn back before you are fully persuaded that God will perform His good work in you? :think:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
so many so called Christians say that all you have to do is believe... always pointing to those psgs that seem to say this.. just believe stuff

well, if you really believe Jesus..

if you really, really believe in Him.. you will do what He says

He said this Himself

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments"

Also see:

James 2:14

"Faith without works is dead"

__
I strive to believe in the Jesus who actually "walked his talk" and did not mince words or segue into theological concepts that were developed long after he died and placed into his mouth.

--Love your enemies.
--Forgive and you will be forgiven.
--Give to everyone who begs of you.
--Someone steals your clothing? Give them shirt off your back.
--Pray for those who persecute you (terrorists persecute many).
--The family is dead. True family are those who know the will of the Father and do it.

Again, you posed: "...if you believe Jesus."

If only.

glorydaz

He is speaking of the law of Moses. Which was observance of deeds only for salvation. Basically, a man can work his way into heaven. Paul said no sir, faith is the only way to be saved not by our works.

Indeed....any man. God is not a respecter of persons. He was speaking of the Gentiles, too....who did not have the law of Moses but the law written in their conscience.

Romans 2:14-15 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )​

Don't forget...even Pharaoh knew it was wrong to take another man's wife when Abram claimed Sarah was his sister.

Romans 3:19-20 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.​

glorydaz

I strive to believe in the Jesus who actually "walked his talk" and did not mince words or segue into theological concepts that were developed long after he died and placed into his mouth.

--Love your enemies.
--Forgive and you will be forgiven.
--Give to everyone who begs of you.
--Someone steals your clothing? Give them shirt off your back.
--Pray for those who persecute you (terrorists persecute many).
--The family is dead. True family are those who know the will of the Father and do it.

Again, you posed: "...if you believe Jesus."

If only.

According to that list of rules, none will make it into heaven.....least of all the hypocrites who claim they do all those things.

turbosixx

Members of the body of Christ aren't there in Revelation 3, we are already seated with Christ in heavenly places. And, many people hear the Gospel but turn back before they are baptised into Christ Jesus. Will you turn back before you are fully persuaded that God will perform His good work in you? :think:

Sure is convenient that scriptures you do not agree with do not apply to you. Think.

turbosixx

He is speaking of the law of Moses. Which was observance of deeds only for salvation. Basically, a man can work his way into heaven. Paul said no sir, faith is the only way to be saved not by our works.

I agree, he is talking about the law of Moses. He is saying we are saved by faith and not by works "of the law", the law of Moses could not forgive sins. In Galatians he makes it clear that if you choose to follow the law (Mosaical) you have fallen from grace.

Gal. 5:3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. 4 You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

j4jesus09

I agree, he is talking about the law of Moses. He is saying we are saved by faith and not by works "of the law", the law of Moses could not forgive sins. In Galatians he makes it clear that if you choose to follow the law (Mosaical) you have fallen from grace.

Gal. 5:3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. 4 You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

In agreement