2004 TOL Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Lucky

What if Peyton sucks next year?

He might get his leg broken, you never know. Look at what happened to Priest Holmes this year. But we need to have a starting point for the draft, the FF ratings will be sufficient, I should think. You always have the option of trading or picking up Free Agents.

drbrumley

Well, heres the deal.

Your playing for final draft position this week.

The Championship Game:

Cattyfan vs Sozo
( winner gets #12 pick, loser gets #11)

PastorZ77 vs Knight
(winner gets #9 pick, loser gets #10)

Elected4Ever vs Wamba
(winner gets #5, loser gets #8)

Drbrumley vs Jefferson
(winner gets #4, loser gets #7)

Imahril vs Lucky
(winner gets #3, loser gets #6)

Billybob vs Jabez
(winner gets #1, loser #2)

Unfortunately, Catty knocking Billy out early helped him. Grrrrrrrr.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks. I wasn't paying much attention to it this week because of the holidays but I'll be on it this week.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Imrahil

Thanks. I wasn't paying much attention to it this week because of the holidays but I'll be on it this week.
No need. You're playing my team. :eek:

Z Man

Is the season over already? When did it start? ;)

By the way Doc, take me out. I have no time for this. Sorry guys, I can't keep up...

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
BillyBob and Sozo suggest:

We start with 1 thru 12 and assign QB's in order based on
their ratings, flip and continue once more. (2 Rounds)

That's 2 QB's.

Then, we flip the draft order over and draft RB's 12 thru 1,
then 1 thru 12 and 12 thru 1 again and flip once more. That
should give every coach a pretty even distribution of RB's

That's 4 RB's.

Then we flip it again and draft WR's starting 1 thru 12,
flip, flip, flip. (6 Rounds)

6 Rounds would give us 6 WR's.

Kickers, 12 thru 1, flip (2 Rounds)

That's 2 Kickers.

DST's, 1 thru 12, flip. (2 Rounds)

That's 2 DST's.

And I guess if we're going to play with TE's, 12 thru 1 then
flip. (2 Rounds)

That's 2 TE's.

Seems like a fair way to draft teams and gives every coach a
fresh start next year.

Commish note: This is only 14 rounds. After draft, then you
can choose what free agents you want on a first come, first
serve basis.

I counted 18 rounds. If you flip the RB's twice more you have an even 20. That way we start off with full teams and can do whatever we want from that point on.

[I voted yes to the poll, but this little change I am suggesting might be better.]

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Billybob vs Jabez
(winner gets #1, loser #2)

So, if I throw the game, I get the #1 draft pick for QB? :idea:

"Welcome to the Redneck Commie Killers, Mr. Manning. Here's the Bar, them are the Cheerleaders and the Outhouse is behind the Visitors Goalpost."

Unfortunately, Catty knocking Billy out early helped him.
Grrrrrrrr.

:banana:

drbrumley

Originally posted by BillyBob

So, if I throw the game, I get the #1 draft pick for QB? :idea:

"Welcome to the Redneck Commie Killers, Mr. Manning. Here's the Bar, them are the Cheerleaders and the Outhouse is behind the Visitors Goalpost."

:banana:

ROFL!!!! Read it again.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Oh, I get #1 if I win! Woo Hoo, that shouldn't be very difficult! :banana:

[Although, I must confess, it seems odd that I end up with the #1 Draft position if it's supposed to ge to the 'worst' team in the league. My team is the highest ranked in the league. ] :think:

drbrumley

1.That's 2 QB's.

2.That's 4 RB's.

3.6 Rounds would give us 6 WR's.

4.That's 2 Kickers.

5.That's 2 DST's.

6.That's 2 TE's.

I counted 18 rounds. If you flip the RB's twice more you have an even 20. That way we start off with full teams and can do whatever we want from that point on.

[I voted yes to the poll, but this little change I am suggesting might be better.]

1. Ok
2. hmmmm
3. hmmmm
4. Ok
5. ok
6. ok

Since we are allowing ANY combination, I didn't see why these two positions have to be seperated.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by drbrumley

1. Ok
2. hmmmm
3. hmmmm
4. Ok
5. ok
6. ok

Since we are allowing ANY combination, I didn't see why these two positions have to be seperated.

Because it will make sure the RB's are evenly distributed as well as the WR's.

If you mix them up and draft them together, a team might end up with all WR's or all RB's. [that happened this year for some coaches]

Even though we can field any combination we choose, it would still be better to draft them seperately, IMO.

drbrumley

Because it will make sure the RB's are evenly distributed as well as the WR's.

If you mix them up and draft them together, a team might end up with all WR's or all RB's. [that happened this year for some coaches]

Even though we can field any combination we choose, it would still be better to draft them seperately, IMO.

Ok, so we will draft 4 RB's? And 6 WR's?

Is there that many good starting receivers out there?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Ok, so we will draft 4 RB's? And 6 WR's?

Might as well draft 6 Wrs and 6 Rbs, that would give every team a total of 20 players. [including 2 of each other position]

Is there that many good starting receivers out there?

No, but we need to have reserve players of some sort. Not all Reserve Players are considered starters.

I personally would rather have a lot of WR's and RB's than Kickers, DST's or TE's. All you really need is one good DST, one good kicker and a decent TE anyway.

drbrumley

Under this scenario, I can tell you who the first player choosin would be and who would get them.

Knight, in your opinion, under Billy's system just described, would trading be better?

drbrumley

Here's an idea! Why not limit the rosters to 18 but allow 20 due to the injured reserve status? Thats two players on injured reserve.

Example:

2 QB's
4 RB's
6 WR's
2 TE's
2 D/St's
2 Kickers
If you have 2 injured players NOT Playing,
2 IR's

Sound ok?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Under this scenario, I can tell you who the first player choosin would be and who would get them.

Knight, in your opinion, under Billy's system just described, would trading be better?
To be honest....

I am lost.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

OK, but lets agree that there are at least 2 dozen good Running Backs in the league, so every team would get 2 starters and a couple 3rd stringers. And I'll remind everyone that Priest Holmes was the top RB in the draft but he was injured early in the season, so having the top pick doesn't always pan out. I would be happy with any one of the top 12 RB's and any one of the second 12 Rb's, they are all pretty good.

However, If you really want to even thigs out, you could invert the draft order every other 'Roster Spot. Say we draft QB's 1 thru 12 and 12 thru 1, giving each team 2 QB's. Then we flip and draft Rb's 12 thru 1 and 1 thru 12 and so on until we have all the RB's we are going to have.

Then we invert the draft order so it looks like this:

Draft WR,s and flip it for the next round and so on and so on for however many WR's we are going to have.

Then we flip the inverted draft and pick TE's, flip it if we are going to draft 2 TE's.

Then we go back to the original draft for Kickers, flip for round 2 of Kickers.

Invert it for DST's, flip for round 2 of DST's.

Done.

The idea being that the coaches who are in the middle of the draft get a chance at premium players as much as as the coaches on either end of the original draft order.

That sounds like it will take a little more time, but it shouldn't be that difficult. I'll give you a hand when the time comes, Doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.