2004 TOL Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Hey Guys, since there are not even 12 decent Tight Ends to go around, maybe we should make that position a 'flex' position where you can field a TE, WR or RB. The reason that there are about 4 TE's who consistently post solid numbers, the rest are pretty crappy. It isn't really fair to the guys who have a crappy TE simply because of the 'luck of the draft', so to speak.

And I think we should have a random draft order, since we are not 'keeping' any of our players. I suggest each coach gets designated a number between 1 and 12 through random selection of some sort and that becomes the draft order. Sozo had a great idea that would really make this fair.

We start with 1 thru 12 and assign QB's in order based on their ratings, flip and continue once more.

Then, we flip the draft order over and draft RB's 12 thru 1, then 1 thru 12 and 12 thru 1 again and flip once more. That should give every coach a pretty even distribution of RB's

Then we flip it again and draft WR's starting 1 thru 12, flip, flip, flip.

Kickers, 12 thru 1, flip

DST's, 1 thru 12, flip.

And I guess if we're going to play with TE's, 12 thru 1 then flip.

Seems like a fair way to draft teams and gives every coach a fresh start next year.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
No, my idea is that we should randomly assign the draft order. There is no point in penalizing good performance if we are not a keeper league.

Someone will get Peyton Manning, of course, but it could be any one of us if we scrap the current system of draft order. The nice thing about Sozo's idea that I outlined is that the owner who gets the #12 Quarterback makes up for it by getting the #1 Running Back. It seems a very fair system to me. Let's see what the other owners say about it.

Even if we stick with the draft order that you have set up, flipping the order and starting from the bottom every other time ensures even distribution. But it only works if you do it one position at a time.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by drbrumley

If thats the case, then Lucky is guaranteed Peyton Manning.
:chuckle:

I'm all for A Fresh New Start™. As nice as it would be for me, I don't want to get all the best players next year just because I had the worst team this year.

drbrumley

Originally posted by BillyBob

No, my idea is that we should randomly assign the draft order. There is no point in penalizing good performance if we are not a keeper league.

Someone will get Peyton Manning, of course, but it could be any one of us if we scrap the current system of draft order. The nice thing about Sozo's idea that I outlined is that the owner who gets the #12 Quarterback makes up for it by getting the #1 Running Back. It seems a very fair system to me. Let's see what the other owners say about it.

Even if we stick with the draft order that you have set up, flipping the order and starting from the bottom every other time ensures even distribution. But it only works if you do it one position at a time.

Ok, then my suggestion is that the final standing of any given year be used. If we will do it this way, I don't see it as penalizing good performance. I see it as raising the bar, if you will. Because if your the champ, that means you can play some Fantasy Football and your no rookie at it. See my point. I love the idea of going by positions, and that would work great. So if that works, and then include order of finish to determine draft order, you have something to play for during the year. You think?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by drbrumley

Ok, then my suggestion is that the final standing of any given year be used. If we will do it this way, I don't see it as penalizing good performance. I see it as raising the bar, if you will. Because if your the champ, that means you can play some Fantasy Football and your no rookie at it. See my point. I love the idea of going by positions, and that would work great.

Sozo gets the credit for that idea, and I think it's a great way to draft players!!

So if that works, and then include order of finish to determine draft order, you have something to play for during the year. You think?

That's fine with me. I am more interested in 'Flip Drafting' than I am interested in randomly choosing the draft order. If we 'flip' per position, the draft order will be marginalized anyway.

Let's see what the other coaches have to say.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Lucky

:chuckle:

I'm all for A Fresh New Start™. As nice as it would be for me, I don't want to get all the best players next year just because I had the worst team this year.

Not that it would make a difference.

:eek:

Sozo

You might want to consider allowing the owners to draft whatever position they want, and still do the reverse order.

For example:

First picks QB Manning
2nd picks RB Holmes
3rd picks WR Owens
4th picks QB Culpepper
5th picks QB Green
12th picks RB Faulk

12th picks QB Mcnabb
11th picks WR Moss

and so on....

What do you think?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Sozo

You might want to consider allowing the owners to draft whatever position they want, and still do the reverse order.

For example:

First picks QB Manning
2nd picks RB Holmes
3rd picks WR Owens
4th picks QB Culpepper
5th picks QB Green
12th picks RB Faulk

12th picks QB Mcnabb
11th picks WR Moss

and so on....

What do you think?

That sounds confusing. This system is prone to problems. I like your original idea of drafting one postion at a time better, but the other owners should weigh in and offer their opinions. I'm cool with whatever the majority decides.

I can see a strategic advantge to your new idea, but after the messed up draft and two lost weeks this season, I like the idea of keeping it simple. Either way, I think we should assign teams before Hurricane Season next year! :chuckle:

drbrumley

Originally posted by Sozo

For example:

First picks QB Manning
2nd picks RB Holmes
3rd picks WR Owens
4th picks QB Culpepper
5th picks QB Green
12th picks RB Faulk

12th picks QB Mcnabb
11th picks WR Moss

and so on....

What do you think?

That!!!!!

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
What Sozo meant is that an owner can choose which position he is most interested in each pass of the draft. If an owner chooses QB and he is the first to do so, he will get Peyton manning. If the owner next in line chooses a RB instead of a QB, he gets Priest Holmes, or whoever the #1 RB is at that time and so on.

It seems more complicated than Sozo's original Idea of drafting straight down the line per position, which I like better. 'Flip Drafting'.

Sozo

Originally posted by BillyBob

What Sozo meant is that an owner can choose which position he is most interested in each pass of the draft. If an owner chooses QB and he is the first to do so, he will get Peyton manning. If the owner next in line chooses a RB instead of a QB, he gets Priest Holmes, or whoever the #1 RB is at that time and so on.

It seems more complicated than Sozo's original Idea of drafting straight down the line per position, which I like better. 'Flip Drafting'.
I was using those names as an example. All I want is for each owners priority player to be picked and then run the reverse order. I don't believe we did that last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.