ECT Words have meaning unless of course you have bit into the lie of MAD.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jamie, I am not following you the Holy Spirit is NOT just in the NT. Do a search of Holy Spirit as He was given to many in the OT.

Psa 51:11
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Can you find verses in the Old Testament where the Holy Spirit "Indwells" someone? Or, does He just come upon them? Today the Holy Spirit "Indwells" the true believer.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus as our example set the example. When John the Baptist told Jesus he should be baptized by Jesus do you remember what Jesus told John ?

Mat 3:15
And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
So that makes Jesus your example?

Why did it "fulfill all righteousness"?

John 1:29-31 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:29) ¶ The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (1:30) This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. (1:31) And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

Right Divider

Body part

You did not read far enough !

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto eJohn’s baptism. 4 Then said Paul, fJohn verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that gthey should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

There was John's baptism then there was baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus,and note they NEVER said anything about Spiritual baptism in this passage.

John's baptism was under the LAW.

Being Baptized in Jesus' name is under GRACE.

Jhn 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
They were NOT RE-BAPTIZED!

http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3489-They-were-NOT-quot-rebaptized-quot-in-Acts-19

Right Divider

Body part
Before Jesus resurrected Baptism was under the law , but after the resurrection baptism was under grace. If that is not the case why would those folks be baptized again in the name of the Lord Jesus ? The difference is Jesus knew HE would walk out of the tomb, when He instructed His disciples to teach and baptize, after 3 days so when He gave a command it was not for the short term but for the long term.

There are 2 covenants in scripture the LAW and GRACE.
So you just ignore the other covenants in scripture?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie, I am not following you the Holy Spirit is NOT just in the NT.

I didn't say the Holy Spirit was not available in the OT, what I said is that it was not available in Jesus' day, i.e., Jesus' human ministry.

And that's a fact.

:popcorn:

whitestone

dodge

I didn't say the Holy Spirit was not available in the OT, what I said is that it was not available in Jesus' day, i.e., Jesus' human ministry.

And that's a fact.

:popcorn:

Your "fact" is wrong more like "fiction".

Luk 3:22
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Jhn 1:32
And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

:stuck:

dodge

You do NOT have that knowledge. You are making a claim that you cannot support with scripture.

Scripture says Paul was baptized.

Acts 9King James Version (KJV)

9 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

dodge

Scripture says they was re-baptized:

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto eJohn’s baptism. 4 Then said Paul, fJohn verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that gthey should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

1.John's baptism

2. Baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

1+1=2

dodge

Please try to follow what people post to you.

I did NOT say that Paul was not baptized.

You said that EVERYONE in the Bible what was saved was water baptized.

You do NOT get the evidence for this FROM THE BIBLE.

You are making a GROSS ASSUMPTION to suit your story.

Scripture records when folks are baptized in the Holy Spirit and when folks were baptized in water.

Right Divider

Body part
Scripture says they was re-baptized:

1.John's baptism

2. Baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

1+1=2
Did you even BOTHER to read the blog post?

The THEY in verse 5 was NOT those that Paul was talking to, but those that JOHN was talking to.

It's so simple that even a child can understand it.

Right Divider

Body part
Scripture records when folks are baptized in the Holy Spirit and when folks were baptized in water.
Once AGAIN, you claimed that EVERYONE that was saved was baptized with water.

You do NOT get that information from the Bible.

Also note that Paul had NOT YET received the revelation of the mystery when a Jew/Israelite baptized him with water.

dodge

You do NOT have that knowledge. You are making a claim that you cannot support with scripture.

Or with water.
It may have been either.

Lets see John's baptism was in water and the scripture says:

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

IF Paul was baptized in the Holy Spirit would he have had to Arise and then get baptized ?

Could the Holy Spirit not have baptized Paul before he arose ?

CONTEXT !