ECT Words have meaning unless of course you have bit into the lie of MAD.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The inspired Word of God (Bible) is for all of us, however, some of it was pertaining to the House of Israel, and some was pertaining to the Gentiles. Some are also pertaining to both Jew and Gentile. Today, we live under one Gospel. The Gospel that was given to Paul by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ to preach to the Gentiles. It's called: Th Grace Gospel. Both Jew and Gentile is under that Gospel today. Anyone who hears the Gospel and places all their faith in Christ as their Savior is: sealed, indwelt, and baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ. They receive the righteousness of Christ and a guarantee of eternal life.

So you claim the gospel preached by the 12 Apostles is another gospel to that which you believe.

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

LA

dodge

Lol, more like Alzheimer's.

For you certainly appear to have had more than enough practice at confusing one thing in Scripture...for another :chuckle:

lol, nope you confuse me for a MADIST that follows what men have taught them i. e. all their lies and deceptions , and you bit !

whitestone

Whitestone, I am having an old timers moment. Did you tell me the other night that you are currently under going chemo ?

I ask because I want to be praying for the right person.

indeed it is me,both radiation and chemo... from what I understand now that it has begun I will feel normal at first,then as the days go on(chemo once a week,rad.5 days a week) which will peak around 3 weeks from now(peak of side effects=you'll miss me then lol) and then either I'll begin healing and be ok or just the same as I pick the tomatoes in my garden when I see fit, the lord might pick his at his discretion...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I first heard the Gospel in 1962 and placed my faith in Christ as my Savior and fifty some years later, I still believe the same. I grew up in a Non-Denominational, Bible believing, Christ centered Mid-Acts Dispensational community church.

You speak of your hope and not of faith.

You try hard to have faith, which is just works of yours.

All the disciples of Christ were believers before they were filled with the Spirit.

Even Paul taught believers to be baptized in water and receive the Holy Spirit after they had believed--

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Act 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.

LA

whitestone

1st=John 3:30 (KJV 1900)
30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

2nd =This happened approximately 3 years laterMat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Ok,so how are they different= one decreasing one increasing?

dodge

Ok,so how are they different= one decreasing one increasing?

John decreased and Jesus increased as John the Baptist said , which had Nothing to do with water baptism and in no way negates or removes the teaching of Jesus in Mt. 28-19.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

How do you impose water baptism being done away with on John 3:30 when John 3:30 says NOTHING about water baptism, and 3 years later Jesus said to teach and baptize

P.S. You are on my prayer list. Bringing you before His throne daily.

You have a tremendous and powerful testimony in your reliance on the Lord. Thank you.

Be well ,and keep the Son in your eyes.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You claimed that water baptism was a "public profession of faith in Christ".

John did not baptize Jesus in the baptism of repentance.

Jesus was entering into the Kingdom of which the land over Jordan was a type, so that He then began to judge the inhabitants.

You will not understand that.

Jos 1:18 Whosoever he be that doth rebel against thy commandment, and will not hearken unto thy words in all that thou commandest him, he shall be put to death: only be strong and of a good courage.

Jos 5:13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
Jos 5:14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
Jos 5:15 And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

LA

whitestone

John decreased and Jesus increased as John the Baptist said , which had Nothing to do with water baptism and in no way negates or removes the teaching of Jesus in Mt. 28-19.

How do you impose water baptism being done away with on John 3:30 when John 3:30 says NOTHING about water baptism, and 3 years later Jesus said to teach and baptize

P.S. You are on my prayer list. Bringing you before His throne daily.

You have a tremendous and powerful testimony in your reliance on the Lord. Thank you.

Be well ,and keep the Son in your eyes.

lol,I suggested you go "back" and look at what JTB said when they ask who he was and why he was baptizing(he explains himself)...you went the other direction,forward. John 3:30 KJV is an answer in response to something so you'll need to look before the answer and see whats being ask to understand his answer,,,

Danoh

lol, nope you confuse me for a MADIST that follows what men have taught them i. e. all their lies and deceptions , and you bit !

Nope. I held to the method of study I rely on way before I ever heard or read of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism.

1-Allow the passages to read exactly as written.

2-Compare them with one another for what light they might each share about the other's intended sense.

3-Note where things differ and where they are the same.

About a year of much intensive study alone in Scripture and based on that three principle approach, I ran into an old friend.

At one point, we differed on some point.

Typical MADist :chuckle:

He went out to his car, came back, handed me a copy of the book "Things That Differ" and simply said "you need to read this."

At first, I hesitated...

But...unlike you, I reminded myself that I was merely over reacting to something new to me.

Remembering Acts 17:11- how they had responded to Paul despite his odd claims there - I decided to take my old friend up on that book and read it.

As I did, I was struck by the fact that its' author mostly followed my same above three principles.

Where he did not, I disagreed with him.

And where he did, I found we basically agreed.

One distinction he noted that I had not yet been able to piece together with his clarity was that the actual distinction in Scripture is not between the Old Testament and the New, rather; it is between that which was Prophesied since the world began, or Prophecy, and that which was kept secret since the world began, or The Mystery.

What is referred to as God's TWO-Fold PURPOSE: Prophecy...and Mystery.

I found myself agreeing with that book's author where I found he'd followed all three of the above principles; and disagreeing with him where I found otherwise.

It is what it is.

The recurrent patterns of a thing always...reveal its' origin.

Always...

dodge

Nope. I held to the method of study I rely on way before I ever heard or read of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism.

1-Allow the passages to read exactly as written.

2-Compare them with one another for what light they might each share about the other's intended sense.

3-Note where things differ and where they are the same.

About a year of much intensive study alone in Scripture and based on that three principle approach, I ran into an old friend.

At one point, we differed on some point.

Typical MADist :chuckle:

He went out to his car, came back, handed me a copy of the book "Things That Differ" and simply said "you need to read this."

At first, I hesitated...

But...unlike you, I reminded myself that I was merely over reacting to something new to me.

Remembering Acts 17:11- how they had responded to Paul despite his odd claims there - I decided to take my old friend up on that book and read it.

As I did, I was struck by the fact that its' author mostly followed my same above three principles.

Where he did not, I disagreed with him.

And where he did, I found we basically agreed.

One distinction he noted that I had not yet been able to piece together with his clarity was that the actual distinction in Scripture is not between the Old Testament and the New, rather; it is between that which was Prophesied since the world began, or Prophecy, and that which was kept secret since the world began, or The Mystery.

What is referred to as God's TWO-Fold PURPOSE: Prophecy...and Mystery.

I found myself agreeing with that book's author where I found he'd followed all three of the above principles; and disagreeing with him where I found otherwise.

It is what it is.

The recurrent patterns of a thing always...reveal its' origin.

Always...

Mostly like you I believe one should learn scripture by comparing scripture with scripture NOT allowing others beliefs or ideas to be IMPOSED NOR their understanding of scripture IMPOSED onto and INTO the scripture.

I have studied scripture using the above method since 1978 and did not end up accepting or believing MAD to be valid or true. True I have not been exposed to MAD for a very long time, but I see no reason to relegate Jesus to only teaching the law when He was the first to teach the Gospel even tough the understanding of His teaching was withheld by God for a time.

If folks honestly want to learn God's word we should study, pray, and seek the leadership of the Holy Spirit, because unless HE ( H.S. ) gives us the understanding we will never arrive at the truth of the matter.

Be blessed

whitestone

lol,I suggested you go "back" and look at what JTB said when they ask who he was and why he was baptizing(he explains himself)...you went the other direction,forward. John 3:30 KJV is an answer in response to something so you'll need to look before the answer and see whats being ask to understand his answer,,,

Dodge,,,bare in mind what you said,then look at the answers JTB gave(with water),,,then contemplate Acts 19:3-4 KJV and ask yourself why their being "re-baptized",,not wet enough?,wrong river they were baptized in? Whats Paul getting at?

dodge

Dodge,,,bare in mind what you said,then look at the answers JTB gave(with water),,,then contemplate Acts 19:3-4 KJV and ask yourself why their being "re-baptized",,not wet enough?,wrong river they were baptized in? Whats Paul getting at?

You did not read far enough !

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto eJohn’s baptism. 4 Then said Paul, fJohn verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that gthey should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

There was John's baptism then there was baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus,and note they NEVER said anything about Spiritual baptism in this passage.

John's baptism was under the LAW.

Being Baptized in Jesus' name is under GRACE.

Jhn 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

whitestone

You did not read far enough !

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto eJohn’s baptism. 4 Then said Paul, fJohn verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that gthey should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

There was John's baptism then there was baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus,and note they NEVER said anything about Spiritual baptism in this passage.

John's baptism was under the LAW.

Being Baptized in Jesus' name is under GRACE.

Jhn 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Then at the top of the page in your post #406, the scripture you gave Matthew 28:19 KJV is "under the law"? It is ,,,Father,Son,Holy Ghost and Acts 19:5 KJV is Jesus but wouldn't that mean that Jesus is telling them to baptize "under the law" all the way to the end of the Gospel of Matthew?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The Holy Spirit did not baptize through John, but John predicted this would happen.

The men had not received the Holy Spirit.

dodge

Then at the top of the page in your post #406, the scripture you gave Matthew 28:19 KJV is "under the law"? It is ,,,Father,Son,Holy Ghost and Acts 19:5 KJV is Jesus but wouldn't that mean that Jesus is telling them to baptize "under the law" all the way to the end of the Gospel of Matthew?

Before Jesus resurrected Baptism was under the law , but after the resurrection baptism was under grace. If that is not the case why would those folks be baptized again in the name of the Lord Jesus ? The difference is Jesus knew HE would walk out of the tomb, when He instructed His disciples to teach and baptize, after 3 days so when He gave a command it was not for the short term but for the long term.

There are 2 covenants in scripture the LAW and GRACE.

whitestone

Before Jesus resurrected Baptism was under the law , but after the resurrection baptism was under grace. If that is not the case why would those folks be baptized again in the name of the Lord Jesus ? The difference is Jesus knew HE would walk out of the tomb, when He instructed His disciples to teach and baptize, after 3 days so when He gave a command it was not for the short term but for the long term.

There are 2 covenants in scripture the LAW and GRACE.

Why is Peter in Acts 2:38 KJV saying to be "repent" and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ,,,"for the remission of sins",and telling them they will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost(a few days after Matthew 28/43days)?

dodge

Why is Peter in Acts 2:38 KJV saying to be "repent" and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ,,,"for the remission of sins",and telling them they will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost(a few days after Matthew 28/43days)?

Acts 26:1-20 Paul also taught "repentance".

Paul was baptized in " water"as was Jesus and every one who was saved in scripture.