Wisconsin students group demands free tuition for black students

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Ideally nothing...minorities were simply stunted at the starting line.

yes, i've heard of this mythical "starting line"

considering that we all start as children, and the race is run at an early stage in the educational system, can you explain how minorites today are stunted at the starting line?

quip

BANNED
Banned
yes, i've heard of this mythical "starting line"

considering that we all start as children, and the race is run at an early stage in the educational system, can you explain how minorites today are stunted at the starting line?

Poverty, drugs, racism, one parent families...you watch the news....

glassjester

Good, then it has nothing to do with the subject at hand

You said minorities are disadvantaged today because of poverty, drugs, racism, and one-parent families.

Which of those can't be overcome by hard work? Which of those are white peoples' fault? Which of those are exclusively the problem of non-whites?

quip

BANNED
Banned
You said minorities are disadvantaged today because of poverty, drugs, racism, and one-parent families.

Which of those can't be overcome by hard work? Which of those are white peoples' fault? Which of those are exclusively the problem of non-whites?

All of them have the possibility to be overcome...though to be realistic its not that simple.

Many miorities are caught in a viscous cycle of poverty and dispair wrought from past discrimination.

glassjester

All of them have the possibility to be overcome...though to be realistic its not that simple.

Many miorities are caught in a viscous cycle of poverty and dispair wrought from past discrimination.

I understand that poverty is difficult to overcome, but I don't see how that's due to race.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Wisconsin students group demands free tuition for black students

Argentina
Austria
Brazil
Czech Republic
Denmark
Egypt
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Iceland
Ireland
Kenya
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Morocco
Norway .
Panama
Poland
Scotland
Slovenia .
Spain
Sweden
Turkey
Uruguay

How ironic that America doesn't provide free tuition to all its students, like those countries listed above.

Most of these nations lack America's wealth, but still find the financial resources to provide free tuition for all those who qualify!