Why Your Faith in a Doctrine or a Religion Will NOT Save You

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Paul was an apostle period. His commission was threefold.

"But the Lord said to him, 'Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.'" (Acts 9:15)

1) Gentiles, 2) kings 3) Israel.

The Twelve were sent to primarily to the tribes of the Father's firstborn son.

Paul was sent to Gentiles, kings, Israel. Paul was an apostle to everyone.

Why do you try to limit him?

Did Paul preach one message to Gentiles, a different message to kings, and still another message to Israel?

Point emphasis of Paul's message was that Jesus is the Christ. Not different Christs to different people.

Paul preached the one Christ, the Son of God. He did not preach multiple Christs to anyone.

Paul preached Christ to Gentiles and to kings and to Israel.

Robert Pate

Banned
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" (Mt. 5:17-18).

Heaven earth have not passed away yet. If not for the law we would not know sin. Jesus fulfilled the law because He was fully human and divine. Therefore Christ is our High Priest in heaven. To ignore the law is will lead to sin. The OT is an example of how the people failed. We need to learn from their mistakes.

Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the law. After he fulfilled it, he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. Christians are no longer required to live according to rules or laws. "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion. "If the Son has made you free, you shall be free indeed" John 8:36.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul was an apostle period. His commission was threefold.
Acts 9 is his first sending; a directional to his Acts ministry. "Why do you try to limit him" to the first sending (Acts 22:17-21 KJV)? That he was the apostle OF the Gentiles and teacher of the Gentiles is clear from passage after passage (Romans 1:13 KJV, Romans 11:13 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:7 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:11 KJV).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Where is Paul buried?

"The answer to this question is found in a document written by Pope Vitalian to the British King Oswy in 656 A.D. The letter is still in existence. To the astonishment of many, the letter clearly states that Pope Vitalian permitted the remains of Peter and Paul, along with the remains of the martyrs Lawrence, John, Gregory and Pancras, to be removed from Rome and sent to England where they were reburied in the great church at Canterbury."

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/1stcent.htm

Robert Pate

Banned
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" (Mt. 5:17-18).

Heaven earth have not passed away yet. If not for the law we would not know sin. Jesus fulfilled the law because He was fully human and divine. Therefore Christ is our High Priest in heaven. To ignore the law is will lead to sin. The OT is an example of how the people failed. We need to learn from their mistakes.

After Jesus fulfilled the law he abolished it for our sake. The law is still enforce for unbelievers,1 Timothy 1:9-10. but not for Christians, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, Galatians 3:10-13. Romans 3:20. Plus many other scriptures.

jsanford108

Where did Paul EVER say there is only one gospel? I'll save you the trouble of looking: he didn't!

Nope. I believe all of the Bible. It means what it says as it says it and to whom.

Show where I have done anything, but believe what it says as it says it and to whom. I'm believing what it says, as it says it and to whom. You are the one dismissing what it plainly states. Did you even look over the verses cited?
I hold fast the form of sound words that I have heard of Paul in Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) and charge some that they teach no other doctrine to us (1 Timothy 1:3 KJV)!

Galatians leads with Paul saying there is one gospel.

The authors of the epistles were delivering the same gospel, just to different audiences. There is a big difference between saying "different gospels" and "different audiences." Paul, in Galatians, warns against "different gospels." Which should bring one to question that which you suggest and put forth.

It would be wise to actually read what is in the Bible. There is but one Gospel.

(Side note: if you held fast to the teachings, and doctrine put forth, you would be Catholic.)

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jsanford108

I guess it's hard for some to see that little word "of". Paul is the only one in the Bible that could make that claim.

Wouldn't the Apostles be the Apostles of Christ, hence, the Apostles of (for) the world?

If you utilize your logic, then Paul is not an Apostle of Christ, but an Apostle of (exclusively) the Gentiles.

God's Truth

After Jesus fulfilled the law he abolished it for our sake. The law is still enforce for unbelievers,1 Timothy 1:9-10. but not for Christians, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, Galatians 3:10-13. Romans 3:20. Plus many other scriptures.

Jesus came to earth and taught us the guidelines and rules for the NEW COVENANT, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant. Blood Covenants must be followed exactly. To enter the Covenant of Christ, one must do exactly as Jesus says.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus came to earth and taught us the guidelines and rules for the NEW COVENANT, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant. Blood Covenants must be followed exactly. To enter the Covenant of Christ, one must do exactly as Jesus says.

You are under the law and will be judged by the law and condemned.

God's Truth

You are under the law and will be judged by the law and condemned.

I am like Paul, I am under God's law, the law of Christ.

To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wouldn't the Apostles be the Apostles of Christ, hence, the Apostles of (for) the world?

If you utilize your logic, then Paul is not an Apostle of Christ, but an Apostle of (exclusively) the Gentiles.

The twelve were to start their ministry at Jerusalem with the Jews, which they did... exclusively.
As Israel came to submission to Messiah, which they didn't, then the twelve were to minister to all the cities of Israel in preparation for the Lord's return to reign from the throne of David, and the twelve on twelve thrones reigning over the twelve tribes restored to the land, as promised... which didn't happen. All that was left according to prophecy was the LORD's judgement and wrath, which didn't happen. \If it had happened then Israel would not have been saved according to prophecy.
So, instead of judgement and wrath, the Lord raised up Saul/Paul according to exceeding grace.
Paul began his unique ministry at Damascus, then Cilicia... whereas the twelve were instructed to begin at Jerusalem.
The Lord did not promise thirteen thrones reigning over the twelve tribes, so Paul's ministry is not according to the Lord's pre-ascension instructions to the twelve. Paul received his instructions from the ascended Lord from heaven in lieu of Israel's rejection of her Messiah, the setting aside of Israel in prophecy and the postponement of Messiah's earthly kingdom. As Israel lost her privileged blessed status, the beginning of a new program according to the mystery revelation was uniquely given to Paul for the nations.

Paul is the Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ to the nations/gentiles.

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

2Ti 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles)
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen[gentiles], and they unto the circumcision.

jsanford108

The twelve were to start their ministry at Jerusalem with the Jews, which they did... exclusively.
As Israel came to submission to Messiah, which they didn't, then the twelve were to minister to all the cities of Israel in preparation for the Lord's return to reign from the throne of David, and the twelve on twelve thrones reigning over the twelve tribes restored to the land, as promised... which didn't happen. All that was left according to prophecy was the LORD's judgement and wrath, which didn't happen. \If it had happened then Israel would not have been saved according to prophecy.
So, instead of judgement and wrath, the Lord raised up Saul/Paul according to exceeding grace.
Paul began his unique ministry at Damascus, then Cilicia... whereas the twelve were instructed to begin at Jerusalem.
The Lord did not promise thirteen thrones reigning over the twelve tribes, so Paul's ministry is not according to the Lord's pre-ascension instructions to the twelve. Paul received his instructions from the ascended Lord from heaven in lieu of Israel's rejection of her Messiah, the setting aside of Israel in prophecy and the postponement of Messiah's earthly kingdom. As Israel lost her privileged blessed status, the beginning of a new program according to the mystery revelation was uniquely given to Paul for the nations.

Paul is the Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ to the nations/gentiles.

2Ti 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles)
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen[gentiles], and they unto the circumcision.

None of this contradicts what I said. Are we at an impasse? Because I don't even get why or what your are arguing at this point?

I don't mean that to sound rude, I just fail to see you point in that last post.

Robert Pate

Banned
I am like Paul, I am under God's law, the law of Christ.

To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

To be under Christ law is to live by faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. It is not about keeping the commandments. Christians are not under any laws or rules because the just shall live by faith, Romans 1:17.

beloved57

To be under Christ law is to live by faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. It is not about keeping the commandments. Christians are not under any laws or rules because the just shall live by faith, Romans 1:17.

You teach that sinners lived and died for are still lost. Thats a denial of His Saving Blood !

God's Truth

Having the law written on your heart and mind is having the Holy Spirit.

You can't live by the new law of Christ, the new law that requires faith, if you are not obeying Jesus. Impossible.

Tell me how you are loving your neighbor if you are stealing from him, lying about him, and sleeping with his wife? Maybe you are loving him and that is why you murder him? Think.

Robert Pate

Banned
Having the law written on your heart and mind is having the Holy Spirit.

You can't live by the new law of Christ, the new law that requires faith, if you are not obeying Jesus. Impossible.

Tell me how you are loving your neighbor if you are stealing from him, lying about him, and sleeping with his wife? Maybe you are loving him and that is why you murder him? Think.

We are called to live by the Spirit of Christ and not the law.

"The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Galatians leads with Paul saying there is one gospel.
Nope. You made that up.

The authors of the epistles were delivering the same gospel, just to different audiences. There is a big difference between saying "different gospels" and "different audiences." Paul, in Galatians, warns against "different gospels." Which should bring one to question that which you suggest and put forth.
Nope. You made that up too.

It would be wise to actually read what is in the Bible.
I do daily and believe every word.
There is but one Gospel.
More made up imaginations coming from the unbeliever. What is the gospel of YOUR salvation?
(Side note: if you held fast to the teachings, and doctrine put forth, you would be Catholic.)
Oh, there we go! The devil finally showed his face (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV).