Why Your Faith in a Doctrine or a Religion Will NOT Save You

God's Truth

Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.
1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
1 Timothy 4:7, 8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

lol Oh how I love the Word of God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.
1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
1 Timothy 4:7, 8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

lol Oh how I love the Word of God.

The only thing that is going to pass in the judgment is the righteousness of Christ. You don't have it. What you have is your own righteousness that will disappear in a puff of smoke.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are only clothed with Christ if you are obeying Christ.

You are Gospel illiterate. You don't understand what it means to be justified by faith.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness) Romans 4:5.

jsanford108

Sorry I missed it.

We have the full revelation of Jesus Christ and his Gospel in the Bible. There is really no need to follow after a church leader. Most of them that I know of don't have the truth. I have not been a member of a church for the past 25 years.

No worries about overlooking my post. It happens.

Allow us to consider your points.
Why would there be so many instances of Apostles advising believers to follow and trust leaders? If what you claim is accurate, why do the Apostles give such faulty advice?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
No worries about overlooking my post. It happens.

Allow us to consider your points.
Why would there be so many instances of Apostles advising believers to follow and trust leaders? If what you claim is accurate, why do the Apostles give such faulty advice?

The only apostle that really understood the Gospel and justification by faith was the apostle Paul. We are not called to follow those that don't have the truth. Very few understand the Gospel and justification by faith. Most just follow a religion.

God's Truth

You are Gospel illiterate. You don't understand what it means to be justified by faith.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness) Romans 4:5.

The only works Paul was speaking about is the ceremonial works.

beloved57

The only apostle that really understood the Gospel and justification by faith was the apostle Paul. We are not called to follow those that don't have the truth. Very few understand the Gospel and justification by faith. Most just follow a religion.

You teach salvation/justification by works, doing a requirement ! A requirement is defined as :

A requirement is some quality or performance demanded of a person in accordance with certain fixed regulations:

A regulation is:

a law, rule, or other order prescribed by authority, especially to regulate conduct.

beloved57

Look who is talking ? Someone who teaches Salvation is the result of you doing a requirement !

God's Truth

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Those works of the law are the purification/ceremonial works, such as CIRCUMCISION.

That is the works of the law.

If you do any of the works of the law, you are obligated to do all of them:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Do you really think a person is cursed for obeying God?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Those works of the law are the purification/ceremonial works, such as CIRCUMCISION.

It says, "all things which are written in the book of the law...". You can't get around it, but boy do you keep trying like a weasel!

Do you really think a person is cursed for obeying God?
Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Now what are you going to do because you and I both know you are NOT doing it all?

jsanford108

But this idea does not make sense. The Apostles literally walked and talked with Christ. How could one who did not have greater understanding of the Gospel than these?

Add onto that, why include other books of the New Testament then? Why include the Gospels? Why include the Old Testament?

Your argument lacks two things: logic/reason, and purpose. There is no logic or reason to include any canonical books if only Paul had the truth; The rest of the Scriptures would be null. This would make any purpose for including any other books, no matter ill or good in intent, void, since they are unnecessary. Thus, if your claim is accurate, the Bible is no longer inerrant since it lacks truth and substance. See the issue with such a claim?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It says, "all things which are written in the book of the law...". You can't get around it, but boy do you keep trying like a weasel!

Now what are you going to do because you and I both know you are NOT doing it all?
Yeppers.
The whole law.

Paul makes it clear.

Galatians 5:3 KJV
(3) For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

So does James.

James 2:10 KJV
(10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

As Moses taught.

Deuteronomy 27:26 KJV
(26) Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Deuteronomy 4:2 KJV
(2) Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 KJV
(32) What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no logic or reason to include any canonical books if only Paul had the truth;
No MADist teaches that only Paul had truth.

But the truth some were told is not the truth for everyone at all times.
Such as .....

Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

jsanford108

No MADist teaches that only Paul had truth.

But the truth some were told is not the truth for everyone at all times.
Such as .....

Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

I am not calling out MADists, that is a whole different topic. Related, yes, but different.

Is Pate a MADist? If so, I honestly did not know.

And may I ask what you are implying with your quote from Matthew? I ask, just because I interpreted your point as being that the Apostles lied about Jesus being the Christ. Whereas, I believe that that particular verse is more akin to advising the Apostles to keep the identity of Christ a secret until He chose to publicly reveal it. That is just my penny's worth.