Why Your Faith in a Doctrine or a Religion Will NOT Save You

heir

TOL Subscriber
Wouldn't the Apostles be the Apostles of Christ, hence, the Apostles of (for) the world?

If you utilize your logic, then Paul is not an Apostle of Christ, but an Apostle of (exclusively) the Gentiles.
Why the need to make up terms when God sent you an apostle and told you to follow him? What's the matter? Is it that it's Paul and not Peter as those deceitful workers tell you Sunday after Sunday?

glorydaz

How do you love your neighbor if you are not obeying any of the law?

There is no law which can make a person love....or even be righteous.

Put simply, God's UNtruth, IF righteousness could come by the law...then Christ is dead in vain. He need not have come. You've been told this. Read what is actually written....

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

God's Truth

There is no law which can make a person love

You have to choose to love. You have to choose to obey. The whole Bible is a teaching on how to love.

....or even be righteous.

Obeying Jesus makes one righteous.
Put simply, God's UNtruth, IF righteousness could come by the law...then Christ is dead in vain.
Paul is talking about the purification/ceremonial works of the law.
The purification/ceremonial works of the law were works the Jews did to clean themselves.
Jesus died so that he can clean us.

He need not have come. You've been told this. Read what is actually written....

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Jesus cleans us and reconciles us to God. That does not mean we no longer have to obey; it means we no longer have to get circumcised and offer animals to sacrifice.

Romans 3:31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Obviously after you reading that scripture you must know there is something not quite right about what you say.

jsanford108

Nope. You made that up.

Nope. You made that up too.

I do daily and believe every word.More made up imaginations coming from the unbeliever. What is the gospel of YOUR salvation?

Oh, there we go! The devil finally showed his face (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV).

First, I am not going to try and persuade you of anything. So no worries about me trying to convert you. And I knew you would be opposed to Catholicism, due to your interpretation opposing what is plainly written in Scripture.

Now, on to you claiming I made up what Paul said. Here are the verses from Galatians. (KJV)

Galatians 1:6-9
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

See? I just told you what is easily found in the beginning of Galatians. Wouldn't it have been more prudent of you to go and read the verses I stated, and disprove me with them, if I had in fact made them up? Basic research, friend.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jsanford108

Why the need to make up terms when God sent you an apostle and told you to follow him? What's the matter? Is it that it's Paul and not Peter as those deceitful workers tell you Sunday after Sunday?

What terms are you referring to?

I am literally using definitions and vocabulary consistently, rather than interchanging the terminology to fit into my doctrine.

jsanford108

Precisely why I said 'futility' in the other post.

I believe you said "futility" due to being unable to argue with logic and Scripture.

Our conversation in the other post was simply cut short by you quitting. The conversation in this thread bears minimal resemblance, as the user I was conversing with, rather than continuing with reason, simply began quoting Scripture, with no clarification on how it relates to topic. Hence, my comment, which you decided to label (inaccurately, and counterproductive to the conversation) as "futility."

Why not be constructive and try to educate me, or clue me into how you and others reach your interpretation, rather than simply being dismissive?

heir

TOL Subscriber
First, I am not going to try and persuade you of anything.
So no worries about me trying to convert you. And I knew you would be opposed to Catholicism, due to your interpretation opposing what is plainly written in Scripture.
You couldn't persuade me to get back into the bondage of the religious denominational system you are entangled in led by deceitful workers if you tried (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV).

Now, on to you claiming I made up what Paul said. Here are the verses from Galatians. (KJV)

Galatians 1:6-9
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

See? I just told you what is easily found in the beginning of Galatians. Wouldn't it have been more prudent of you to go and read the verses I stated, and disprove me with them, if I had in fact made them up? Basic research, friend.

It's easy to see there is no "one gospel" to be found. You made it up. And why did you not answer what is the gospel of your salvation? I'll wait.

heir

TOL Subscriber
What terms are you referring to?

I am literally using definitions and vocabulary consistently, rather than interchanging the terminology to fit into my doctrine.

One gospel, apostles of the world... Why can't you believe the Bible where it declares Paul the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV)? He clearly is and was given the dispensation of the grace of God to usward (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV). Are you ashamed of the testimony of Paul? You want to talk doctrine? Let's see it. You can start by showing what is the gospel of your salvation and how one is saved. I'll wait.

jsanford108

You couldn't persuade me to get back into the bondage of the religious denominational system you are entangled in led by deceitful workers if you tried (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV).

It's easy to see there is no "one gospel" to be found. You made it up. And why did you not answer what is the gospel of your salvation? I'll wait.

Examine verse 7. It says, "the Gospel of Christ." That is singular. My Gospel of Salvation is just as it is written, the Gospel of Christ; unchanging since Christ's life.

jsanford108

One gospel, apostles of the world... Why can't you believe the Bible where it declares Paul the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV)? He clearly is and was given the dispensation of the grace of God to usward (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV). Are you ashamed of the testimony of Paul? You want to talk doctrine? Let's see it. You can start by showing what is the gospel of your salvation and how one is saved. I'll wait.

One Gospel: Galatians 1:6-9, 2 Corinthians 11:4, Ephesians 4:5.

All of these verses utilize vocabulary of a singular Gospel, such as "the Gospel." The only mention of multiple gospels, in plural form, is when describing false gospels.

Paul: Paul is the apostle to the Gentiles. I never said he was not. But that is the key: context. Apostle "to" the Gentiles. "Of" meaning "sent unto" or "coming from." This is easily found when consulting a dictionary.

I have nothing against Paul. What I have issue with is people who falsely claim that the first dispensation of Grace was into Paul, which goes against the Scriptures. People who only "believe" Paul, or rather, their version of what Paul is "saying." Many times, such individuals are doing some very impressive mental gymnastics to arrive at their doctrine, rather than just believing what is plainly written. Such an example is your version of Galatians, where you seem to just ignore the phrase "the gospel of Christ," a phrased denotation of a singular (one) gospel.

As stated before, the Gospel of Salvation is the exact same one (singular) taught by Christ and His Apostles. Unchanging since Christ's life.