ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
HTML:

Are you intellectually challenged or something? What bit about WHEN didn't you understand?
I said W H E N....
NOT How...
NOT Why...
NOT Where...
NOT What...
NOT Who...
NOT Am I...
NOT How much is a Fallacy with Red Herring, fries and Straw Man side salad...?

W H E N does Jesus 'save', as you state and posted?? Got it?

You obviously do, but your continued refusal to answer indicates 'your traditions of men' religion doesn't have a leg to stand on, nor does it have a clue...unless you know which of the 50,000 denominations think they have the clue...?
You have posted false claims about the Catholic Church backed with pure fallacy and no evidence whatsoever. Typical fundamental, timewasting, unintellectual rhetorical biased circular reasoning.

Have a lovely evening.

Totten linnet, my statement still stands.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
So does your lie that you were ever evangelical.

Everyone can see that I answered your question twice.

Just because you keep repeating a fallacy numerous times...does not make it turn into truth, really, no matter how hard you try.

Here, let me try a fallacy...

You believe in eternal assurance (informally known as 'Once Saved, Always Saved'), which is a false doctrine and a lie. Opps, the truth is you actually do believe in eternal assurance. Im not very good with fallacies as you can see. Never mind.

Now, back to my question 'when' does Jesus save?
We 'have been saved' by Christ, we 'are currently being saved' by Christ, and 'at our deaths we hope to be saved' by Christ.

Let's try a different question...
'How do YOU know you are being saved now?'

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Just because you keep repeating a fallacy numerous times...does not make it turn into truth, really, no matter how hard you try.

You believe in eternal assurance (informally known as 'Once Saved, Always Saved'), which is a false doctrine and a lie. Opps, the truth is you actually do believe in eternal assurance. Im not very good with fallacies as you can see. Never mind.

We 'have been saved' by Christ, we 'are currently being saved' by Christ, and 'at our deaths we hope to be saved' by Christ.

If you were evangelical as you claimed you were you would not be asking these questions...so your claim is a black lie.When Zacheus welcomed the Lord He said THIS DAY has salvation come to this house.

I was brought up Catholic but I was not saved, I believed the gospel and I was saved.

I do not know how old you are but the question must be if you have not achieved salvation by now what do you expect to do between now and your last breath that will save you? Your case is hopeless.

My reliance is steadfast and sure for it is based upon the perfect work of Christ.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
You obviously didn't read this properly...here it is again for you:

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
There is three times I answered your question...but you have not explained why you lied about being evangelical.

Calling me a liar is fine, I don't mind at all. I'll pray for you.
Oh, just one last little question for you...
How do YOU know that YOU will be saved?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Calling me a liar is fine, I don't mind at all. I'll pray for you.
Oh, just one last little question for you...
How do YOU know that YOU will be saved?

Every evangelical proclaims the new birth, it is essential doctrine, we have Paul says become new creatures in Christ the old has passed away behold the new has come.

Moreover brethren I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also you received and wherein you stand.

In which also you are saved if you keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless you believed in vain.

Nobody would be accepted in evangelical circles if they have not been born again.

How are YOU going to proclaim a salvation which you don't have, a new birth you haven't received?. You will be like a blind man leading other blind men, you will fall into a ditch.

But if you claim that you were evangelical you would know their essential doctrine. So if your opening post and even the title of it is a lie. What does it say about you?

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Every evangelical proclaims the new birth, it is essential doctrine, we have Paul says become new creatures in Christ the old has passed away behold the new has come.

Moreover brethren I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also you received and wherein you stand.

In which also you are saved if you keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless you believed in vain.

Nobody would be accepted in evangelical circles if they have not been born again.

How are YOU going to proclaim a salvation which you don't have, a new birth you haven't received?. You will be like a blind man leading other blind men, you will fall into a ditch.

But if you claim that you were evangelical you would know their essential doctrine. So if your opening post and even the title of it is a lie. What does it say about you?

Straw Man Fallacy and ad hom, again.

God's Truth

You have misinterpreted the core teaching of Christianity. See what happens when every Tom, Dick and Harry becomes their own authority regarding interpretation?

Thank goodness for the authoritive teaching of the Church passed on from the apostles and down through the centuries, halting heresies such as yours.

You say 'The bible says...', do you know where your canon of scripture came from? Do you? Do you know it was the Catholic Church?

Even so, do you know that Theophilus of Antioch was using the Trinitarian term in 181AD, 150 years BEFORE the Catholic Church put your canon of Scripture together? Do you know that Christians certainly believed in the doctrine from apostolic times? (The doctrine was not invented when the official term was coined at the Fourth Latern Council in 1215, incase you were thinking of going down that road.)

YOUR heresy is due to YOUR interpretation of YOUR belief in Sola Scriptura, and is at odds with the core teaching of Christianity.

Now, you have advice on why I shouldn't join the Catholic Church? :doh:

Many think the Catholics determined what books were to be included in the Bible, because they over the centuries publicly listed the books that they used.

There were canons put together and used by people even before the Catholics.

Different people gave personal statements about the books, but they were only commenting on the books and letters that the first Christians used from the beginning. They had only acknowledged those books early Christian communities already accepted as scripture.

The Catholic denominations started to introduce heresies in approximately 310 A.D.

The Roman Catholic Church, which taught things contrary to the Bible, began with the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross.

Official canonization of the New Testament scriptures came about because of heresies Gnostics and other sects spread. The first Christians accepted as scripture New Testament teachings by letter and books right from the beginning. In 1 Timothy 5:18 Paul joins a New Testament scripture (Luke 10:7) to an Old Testament scripture (Deuteronomy 25:4) and calls them both scripture. In addition, we can see in 2 Peter 3:15-16 Peter recognizes what Paul writes as scripture.

Jesus says that tradition keeps man from God’s truth:

Matthew 15:6-9 Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.’”

Mark 7:8-9, 13 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!

13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life. All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

God’s word is understandable even to a young child.

How from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, see 2 Timothy 3:15.

We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105.

For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

We are not to follow tradition or church laws or any human rules as authority for the church (Matthew 15:1-14; Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:6-9; Proverbs 14:12; 2 John 9:11; Jeremiah 10:23).

The trinity doctrine is a false doctrine, which makes a three-headed god.

The Bible says there is only One God, and He is the Father. Since the Father is the only God that makes Jesus the same God as the Father.

Jesus says when you see him you have seen the Father.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

In the Bible, Jesus says not to call anyone on earth father. Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Jesus said not to call any one on earth 'father' and that they are all brothers.

Catholics have a Pope. Pope means 'father'. Not only do the Catholic parishioners call the Pope and priests ‘father,’ the Pope and priests call each other 'father'. Jesus said not to call any one on earth 'father' and that they are all brothers. There are many other false doctrines in the Catholic religion, but starting from the top of their religion--- the Pope, that should be enough to stop there with that religion.

The Catholics even call their Pope "Holy Father". That is the name Jesus called God (John 17:11), this is a name reserved for God. It should make you cringe when you hear the Catholic Pope referred to as Holy Father.

God's Truth

The Father has not clothed Himself in flesh in the Virgin's Womb, nor has the Holy Spirit. There is a distinction there, wouldn't you agree?

I do not agree with you. Jesus is God come in the flesh.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Many think the Catholics determined what books were to be included in the Bible, because they over the centuries publicly listed the books that they used.

There were canons put together and used by people even before the Catholics.

Different people gave personal statements about the books, but they were only commenting on the books and letters that the first Christians used from the beginning. They had only acknowledged those books early Christian communities already accepted as scripture.

The Catholic denominations started to introduce heresies in approximately 310 A.D.

The Roman Catholic Church, which taught things contrary to the Bible, began with the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross.

Official canonization of the New Testament scriptures came about because of heresies Gnostics and other sects spread. The first Christians accepted as scripture New Testament teachings by letter and books right from the beginning. In 1 Timothy 5:18 Paul joins a New Testament scripture (Luke 10:7) to an Old Testament scripture (Deuteronomy 25:4) and calls them both scripture. In addition, we can see in 2 Peter 3:15-16 Peter recognizes what Paul writes as scripture.

Matthew 15:6-9 Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.’”

Mark 7:8-9, 13 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!

13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life. All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

How from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, see 2 Timothy 3:15.

We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105.

For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

We are not to follow tradition or church laws or any human rules as authority for the church (Matthew 15:1-14; Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:6-9; Proverbs 14:12; 2 John 9:11; Jeremiah 10:23).

The Bible says there is only One God, and He is the Father. Since the Father is the only God that makes Jesus the same God as the Father.

Jesus says when you see him you have seen the Father.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

In the Bible, Jesus says not to call anyone on earth father. Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Jesus said not to call any one on earth 'father' and that they are all brothers.

Catholics have a Pope. Pope means 'father'. Not only do the Catholic parishioners call the Pope and priests ‘father,’ the Pope and priests call each other 'father'. Jesus said not to call any one on earth 'father' and that they are all brothers. There are many other false doctrines in the Catholic religion, but starting from the top of their religion--- the Pope, that should be enough to stop there with that religion.

The Catholics even call their Pope "Holy Father". That is the name Jesus called God (John 17:11), this is a name reserved for God. It should make you cringe when you hear the Catholic Pope referred to as Holy Father.

This has already been covered and refuted in the thread, and you know this because you have already made the same statemrnts and asked those same questions.
My answer to you and Totten Linnet is this: 'The mind of a fool is like a broken jar, it can hold no knowledge'. Sirach 21:14 :)

God's Truth

This has already been covered and refuted in the thread, and you know this because you have already made the same statemrnts and asked those same questions.
My answer to you and Totten Linnet is this: 'The mind of a fool is like a broken jar, it can hold no knowledge'. Sirach 21:14 :)

You have not refuted anything that I have said. You do what Jesus says you do you nullify God's word.

God's Truth

The vatican priests carry the decayed body on their shoulders to be placed in front of faithful Catholics.

the-vatican-priests-carry-the-skeleton-on-their-shoulders-in-front-of-faithful-catholics.jpg

Catholic priests venerate, adore, and worship in front of the decayed body.

roman-catholic-priests-venerate-adore-and-wordhip-in-front-of-a-skeleton.jpg

God's Truth

This is the Catholic's "St. Rose". The Catholics dug her up and placed her in a glass casket to worship in front of and prayed to for a healing.

st-rose.jpg

The Catholic's pope worships in front of the decayed body. This is not something that is no longer practiced in the Catholic church. As we can see in the picture, it is of their pope Benedict who recently ruled their church.

st-rose-and-the-pope.jpg

Matthew 23:27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and everything unclean.

Cruciform

Many think the Catholics determined what books were to be included in the Bible, because they over the centuries publicly listed the books that they used. There were canons put together and used by people even before the Catholics.
Post your proof for this claim.

Answered---and corrected---here, here, here, and here.

ALL we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures
List even one biblical text that actually says any such thing.

That certainly explains the 50,000+ competing man-made non-Catholic denominations and sects in existence today, with more being invented every week, all on the basis of some man's personal (mis)interpretations of the Bible! :doh:

Rather, see this, this, and this.

Here you merely display a basic ignorance of the doctrine of the Trinity itself, and engage in a Straw Man Fallacy.

Addressed here, here, and here.

The Catholics even call their Pope "Holy Father". That is the name Jesus called God (John 17:11), this is a name reserved for God.
Where does scripture state that the term "Holy Father" is "reserved for God"? In any case, "holy" means "set apart for divine use," and "father" denotes a spiritual father such as Paul referred to himself. Therefore, the Pope is "a spiritual father who has been set apart for divine use." Nothing unbiblical about it.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

God's Truth

Post your proof for this claim.

Answered---and corrected---here, here, here, and here.

List even one biblical text that actually says any such thing.

That certainly explains the 50,000+ competing man-made non-Catholic denominations and sects in existence today, with more being invented every week, all on the basis of some man's personal (mis)interpretations of the Bible! :doh:

Rather, see this, this, and this.

Here you merely display a basic ignorance of the doctrine of the Trinity itself, and engage in a Straw Man Fallacy.

Addressed here, here, and here.

Where does scripture state that the term "Holy Father" is "reserved for God"? In any case, "holy" means "set apart for divine use," and "father" denotes a spiritual father such as Paul referred to himself. Therefore, the Pope is "a spiritual father who has been set apart for divine use." Nothing unbiblical about it.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

I have already rebuked you with the Truth, and continue to do so.