ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Why in the world would you take offense?

Personally, I saw plenty of death during hundreds of combat missions (multiple tours of Iraq). Photos of decomposing bodies are not something I, or other veterans wish to see.
This is a Christian website. I do not expect photos of rotten corpses to be posted. How would you feel if your child or grandchild saw that, even if just over your shoulder?
The poster has refused to remove them, I am waiting to see if the moderators will remove them for me.
Others who take 'offense' as you say can also help by reporting that post (Post #1087). At top right of that post is a red button with an exclamation mark (you need to be logged in to see it) click it, quickly type reason and send.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
First, define "fundamentalist" and "intellectualism". Would "intellectualism be like the new age garbage? Fear - what fear?

Take your protestant objections to the protestant author lol.
There are plenty of definitions, 50, 000 to be exact, commonly called called protestant denominations...take your pick. One may have the definition that closely suits YOUR beliefs. ..if not, you could always start your own denomination...or join the One True Church.

Last edited:

WizardofOz

Personally, I saw plenty of death during hundreds of combat missions (multiple tours of Iraq). Photos of decomposing bodies are not something I, or other veterans wish to see.
This is a Christian website. I do not expect photos of rotten corpses to be posted. How would you feel if your child or grandchild saw that, even if just over your shoulder?
The poster has refused to remove them, I am waiting to see if the moderators will remove them for me.
Others who take 'offense' as you say can also help by reporting that post (Post #1087). At top right of that post is a red button with an exclamation mark (you need to be logged in to see it) click it, quickly type reason and send.

First, Catholics are responsible for the photos of the "rotten corpses". I personally don't see it as a big deal if they want to display "incorruptible" bodies but that's who put them into view. Just something to consider if you do take offense.

Second, Jefferson is a TOL 'super moderator'. His profile pic has long been a picture of an aborted fetus (don't click if you might be bothered or offended by such a picture). So yeah, I usually avoid his threads when my kids are around. I would just put him on ignore but TOL doesn't allow you to ignore mods (unless they were not a mod when you put them on ignore, which is how I still have moderator 'Caribou' Inzl Kett on ignore).

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Who would put such a body in a glass casket to pray to?

st-francis-xavier.jpg

How macabre. It is something we might expect from devil worshipers.

roman-catholic-priest.jpg

Remove that from my thread immediately. Your post has been reported.
Those are the remains of one of your blessed saints. Instead if reporting it, you should be identifying the saint by name and start venerating them. By reporting the pictures you sound as if you are embarrassed by the Catholic tradition. If you are, well then, might think twice about converting.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Those are the remains of one of your blessed saints. Instead if reporting it, you should be identifying the saint by name and start venerating ......blah blah blah

I'm not sure if you were born ignorant or if you have had to work really hard at it. In any case, your childish reasoning and lack of mental capacity is noted.

WizardofOz

RichRock - didn't you read Cruciform's links?

There is nothing wrong with putting corpses on display. That is the Catholic position.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
First, Catholics are responsible for the photos of the "rotten corpses". I personally don't see it as a big deal if they want to display "incorruptible" bodies but that's who put them into view. Just something to consider if you do take offense.

I dont mind the display of saints etc, I understand the practice. Just don't think it's appropiate to post graphic images on a internet forum open to minors. It can also affect the website owner's revenue streams from various advertisers who may wish to not be associated with uncontrolled content images.

Second, Jefferson is a TOL 'super moderator'. His profile pic has long been a picture of an aborted fetus (don't click if you might be bothered or offended by such a picture). So yeah, I usually avoid his threads when my kids are around. I would just put him on ignore but TOL doesn't allow you to ignore mods (unless they were not a mod when you put them on ignore, which is how I still have moderator 'Caribou' Inzl Kett on ignore).

Interesting points.

Last edited:

WizardofOz

I dont mind the display of saints etc, I understand the practice. Just don't think it's appropiate to post graphic images on a internet forum open to minors. It can also affect the website owner's revenue streams from various advertisers who may wish to not be associated with uncontrolled content images.

Interesting points.

Fair enough :e4e:

I understand your point but graphic images have always been allowed under certain context/conditions. I just assume that if Jefferson can have his aborted fetus avatar then nothing about these will be censored either.

Thank you for your service!

lifeisgood

Interesting points.

So, you agree with the Roman Catholic Church that it is appropriate for minors to see the corpses in person when they are physically displayed, however, you want minors to be forbidden to see those 'graphic images' of those same decaying corpses, on a internet forum. Got it.

Seeing physical decaying corpses = OK.
Seeing graphic images of those same physical decaying corpses = :nono:

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Fair enough :e4e:

I understand your point but graphic images have always been allowed under certain context/conditions. I just assume that if Jefferson can have his aborted fetus avatar then nothing about these will be censored either.

Thank you for your service!

:e4e:

WizardofOz

God's Truth said:
Catholics venerate, and pray to the dead bodies for intercession and healing.
That's nonsense. Catholics do no such thing.

From one of Cruciform's link:

And, they are interceding for us to join them in heaven.

Relics are a way for us to be connected to our holy brothers and sisters. Because the relic is connected to the saints who are eternally joined to Christ in heaven, relics are greater than a family heirloom. They are like a conduit to heaven and divine power.

Throughout history relics have been a source of miraculous healing, inspiration of faith, and advancement of the Kingdom.
The faithful spend time of prayer in the presence of the relic. They may meditate upon the holy life of the saint, ask the saint’s intercession, or offer thanks for favors received. Many times the faithful may be allowed to touch the reliquary or receive a blessing from the relic. Finally, a holy card or cloth touched to the relic becomes a new third class relic that can be taken home for future veneration. These should be treated with respect and remind the person of their moment with the saint’s relic.

here

So yes, Catholics absolutely do pray to dead bodies of saints and ask them for favors, intercession, etc.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
So, you agree with the Roman Catholic Church that it is appropriate for minors to see the corpses in person when they are physically displayed, however, you want minors to be forbidden to see those 'graphic images' of those same decaying corpses, on a internet forum. Got it.

Seeing physical decaying corpses = OK.
Seeing graphic images of those same physical decaying corpses = :nono:

Please go back to your village, they are missing an idiot.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
From one of Cruciform's link:

And, they are interceding for us to join them in heaven.

Relics are a way for us to be connected to our holy brothers and sisters. Because the relic is connected to the saints who are eternally joined to Christ in heaven, relics are greater than a family heirloom. They are like a conduit to heaven and divine power.

Throughout history relics have been a source of miraculous healing, inspiration of faith, and advancement of the Kingdom.
The faithful spend time of prayer in the presence of the relic. They may meditate upon the holy life of the saint, ask the saint’s intercession, or offer thanks for favors received. Many times the faithful may be allowed to touch the reliquary or receive a blessing from the relic. Finally, a holy card or cloth touched to the relic becomes a new third class relic that can be taken home for future veneration. These should be treated with respect and remind the person of their moment with the saint’s relic.

here

So yes, Catholics absolutely do pray to dead bodies of saints and ask them for favors, intercession, etc.

It doesn't say that. They are not praying TO the body.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure if you were born ignorant or if you have had to work really hard at it. In any case, your childish reasoning and lack of mental capacity is noted.

It's not my reasoning. For proof, follow Cruciform's links. Try harder.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame

Interesting points.

Those pictures are not decomposing bodies, they are holy relics. Please keep up with the traditions of your chosen sect.