ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Totton Linnet said:
..Insert non proof here...

So, I thought I'd insert what you really said above. Just your personal misguided interpretations and no actual proof. Thought so. Seems to be a reoccuring theme of yours (as do your Straw Man Falacies which you may have noticed are the greater part of your replies).

Last edited:

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Free lesson for you, called 'Spot the fallacy'.

You said.....

Sure, if you had not said you were evangelical. That told everyone that your motives were devious.

FALLACY

Evangelicals believe that faith in the Person of Jesus Christ and His death for us on the cross is wholly sufficient to save us, moreover evangelicals believe that nothing at all must be added to His work on the cross...if anything is evangelicals consider it an insult to the grace of God.

So my charge to you was [as mean as it seems] spot on.

FALLACY

You picked this fight so don't start crying martyr.

FALLACY

l that you yourself say happened as a result of turning from simple faith looks like God dealing with you as a rebel.

FALLACY

The Holy Spirit will never lead you to a system of salvation which insults Christ and His work at Calvary...no way José

FALLACY

If they remain [your friends] faithful to Christ while you turn away to religion for salvation breech is inevitable.

FALLACY

The WHOLE book of Hebrews is directed towards exhorting the Jews not to return to religion once they have found pardon at the cross.

If you had not said you had been evangelical...and I am not convinced you were...I would have no quarrel with you.

FALLACY

Now, all you have to do is insert any of the words 'Straw Man, Big Lie, Post hoc ergo prompter hoc, Red Herring etc etc' in the correct order before the word 'FALLACY'. Shouldn't be too hard, it isn't as if there's a shortage of fallacious statements you've made to pick from, is there?

If you wish you come back with the requested evidence to prove your original posts then we can discuss, but I suspect you have absolutely none at all.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes this is the world of difference there is between Catholics an Protestants, it is as far different as north is to south.

We say you won't do anything any worth until Christ does it through you....and for that you need to be saved.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes this is the world of difference there is between Catholics an Protestants, it is as far different as north is to south.

We say you won't do anything any worth until Christ does it through you....and for that you need to be saved.

when are you going to use the common meaning of words?

do you want us to understand what you are talking about?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
how did you get saved?
did you judge yourself?
how does that work?
did it involve any work?

I judged myself by God's judgement...He said [though I was brought up in a good Catholic home] "the soul that sinneth it shall die" Does God overlook my sins because I am Catholic and call Him "Our Father"? no my sin is the same as the atheists sin. I deserve to die.

Well that's the debt I owed, that is the debt everybody owes...how are you going to pay it? if you die then the debt is paid...but you are dead.

The only hope we have is Somebody will come and pay our debt for us. But WHEN did He pay the debt?

You cain't pay it you've already admitted it, so the only hope you have is the debt which He paid on your behalf. That is my salvation.

Now I am saved, now I can be born again, now I can RECEIVE the new life He came to impart.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Lovely day here, I'm a few miles North of you in the UK and enjoying the sunshine and also the very long daylight hours (till 10pm this evening I reckon).

Now, in reference to your post, when exactly, does Jesus, as you say, save?
Romans 10:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Cruciform

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

"And Peter said to them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, every one whom the Lord our God calls to him'" (Ac. 2:38-39).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Lovely day here, I'm a few miles North of you in the UK and enjoying the sunshine and also the very long daylight hours (till 10pm this evening I reckon).

Now, in reference to your post, when exactly, does Jesus, as you say, save?

When Peter preached the multitudes were saved, "today when you hear His voice"

If you did not know that you were never evangelical...no way.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
HTML:
When Peter preached the multitudes were saved, "today when you hear His voice"

If you did not know that you were never evangelical...no way.

Are you intellectually challenged or something? What bit about WHEN didn't you understand?
I said W H E N....
NOT How...
NOT Why...
NOT Where...
NOT What...
NOT Who...
NOT Am I...
NOT How much is a Fallacy with Red Herring, fries and Straw Man side salad...?

W H E N does Jesus 'save', as you state and posted?? Got it?

You obviously do, but your continued refusal to answer indicates 'your traditions of men' religion doesn't have a leg to stand on, nor does it have a clue...unless you know which of the 50,000 denominations think they have the clue...?
You have posted false claims about the Catholic Church backed with pure fallacy and no evidence whatsoever. Typical fundamental, timewasting, unintellectual rhetorical biased circular reasoning.

Have a lovely evening.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Well you think you are intellectually superior.

It says they were saved that day, and the next day Peter preached another multitude were saved.

If you did not understand it you were never an evangelical...why did you claim you were?

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Well you think you are intellectually superior.

It says they were saved that day, and the next day Peter preached another multitude were saved.

If you did not understand it you were never an evangelical...why did you claim you were?

Your inability to answer a simple question is noted.